Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
chrysostom wrote:no. just like if the c word was used in an innocent context, it wouldn't change anything.

once a word is deemed offensive, it's crossed a bridge that is nigh on impossible to go back on.

i'd like to make the word 'panties' deemed offensive.

If I ever become important enough - I'll ban 'panties' on the BBC for you.
wireman2004 wrote:
biggspuds wrote:and why dont you stop being a complete tit askin dick head questions!
for the record i dont like you your a tool! duckie is cool

This person makes even me seem sane.

On a more serious note aled
With christmas round the corner. (i work at morrisons. they are on the shelves now. god help us) is there any special treats or ob's planned for christmas. Like the chris moyles lights switch on in a town/city or a night with the chris moyles show maybe???

There are two big projects planned. One when we come back from holidays in November and another that was pencilled in for next week. We've now decided to move next week's special project but we haven't decided yet where it's going to go. It might be closer to Christmas, or perhaps after our return in January.

wireman2004 wrote:if i could pitch a idea too you. maybe instead of doing a night with chris moyles careoke nights. How about say you do Rob d.j's Monday Night pub quiz night. I seem to remember it worked quite well when you kind of did it on a ooutside broadcast sometime, (i think it was a saturday show in 08 or 09) and i imagine it would work well if you gave the tickets away in 4's like you have done, you can take that as a team, and say yourself, rachael. (as she wants last night out with you all) rob d.j himself, or even celebrities/friends of the show. (i.e jake humphry doing 10 f1 questions, lorro doing 10 football questions, diana vickers doing 10 music questions for example) and you could maybe have 50 or so questions. and hand out a prize to the winning team. I would find it a laugh and a entertaining evening.)

It's noted. I'll pass it on to the team :)

Ultimately things like this are also down to Radio 1. Is this the kind of event they want right now? At the moment it's no. But perhaps we could sneak a quick one in before our Christmas break. (btw the Christmas dates aren't very good to us this year - but I'll keep my eyes open for an opportunity!)
On a slightly related note, Aled, how come the same rules don't seem to apply to radio and TV as regards the watershed and swearing? Why would something played at say 10 or 11pm still need special permission (if I have interpreted you correctly) even though after 9pm on TV, there seems to be no problem with language?
DevilsDuck wrote:
Aled wrote:
DevilsDuck wrote:Aled.....I have been listening to one of the old podcasts when you first had Steve and his table of pain on. Carrie said that it was how she imagined child birth to feel......any chance you can find out which is worse? Thanks DD

Next time I speak to her - I'll ask! :)

When you go to lunch today..... :D
Aled, are we ever going to get any audio or footage from the Folkface world tour? It doesn't seem to have been talked about that much on air really and I want to see it. I'm personally holding out hope for a live feature length DVD a bit like the U2 360 tour but bigger and better!
Topher wrote:On a slightly related note, Aled, how come the same rules don't seem to apply to radio and TV as regards the watershed and swearing? Why would something played at say 10 or 11pm still need special permission (if I have interpreted you correctly) even though after 9pm on TV, there seems to be no problem with language?

I don't know I'm sorry. Ultimately it's down to the channel head- which for us is Andy Parfitt
bmstinton93 wrote:Aled, are we ever going to get any audio or footage from the Folkface world tour? It doesn't seem to have been talked about that much on air really and I want to see it. I'm personally holding out hope for a live feature length DVD a bit like the U2 360 tour but bigger and better!

We don't talk about it much because it's not a BBC project. The show, Radio 1, the BBC and all it's rules, health and safety precautions etc are nothing to do with what Dom and Dave are doing so we can't talk about it on the show as if it is.
Aled wrote:If I ever become important enough - I'll ban 'panties' on the BBC.

8) That's quality that is....

You may want to ask the ladies their opinion first tho.... :D
Aled wrote:
chrysostom wrote:no. just like if the c word was used in an innocent context, it wouldn't change anything.

once a word is deemed offensive, it's crossed a bridge that is nigh on impossible to go back on.

i'd like to make the word 'panties' deemed offensive.

If I ever become important enough - I'll ban 'panties' on the BBC for you.

Aled when not if..
Hello Aled, i would just like to say i think we need the old Aled back as over the last few days you seem to be turning into a new Rachel with the "time for song" lines. Which i know isnt a bad thing,but i miss the old "fun" you.
tizer wrote:Hello Aled, i would just like to say i think we need the old Aled back as over the last few days you seem to be turning into a new Rachel with the "time for song" lines. Which i know isnt a bad thing,but i miss the old "fun" you.

Haha, I only say it when Chris looks to me to say it - as a feature on the show.

If I need to get a message to Chris I'll do it off-air. So don't worry. I'm not becoming Rachel! :)
Well to be fair you could do worse!
Aled wrote:
tizer wrote:Hello Aled, i would just like to say i think we need the old Aled back as over the last few days you seem to be turning into a new Rachel with the "time for song" lines. Which i know isnt a bad thing,but i miss the old "fun" you.

Haha, I only say it when Chris looks to me to say it - as a feature on the show.

If I need to get a message to Chris I'll do it off-air. So don't worry. I'm not becoming Rachel! :)

Thank you for your reply and the reassurance Aled, keep up the good work on the show, and above your contribution to this site.
Hey Aled just a suggestion that came to mind. With the live streaming I think most people have a good idea of what happens during the show, but would there ever be a chance of putting together a youtube video of what happens with the team before and after the show. So for instance we see the prep that goes into the news and sport and see what exactly goes on behind the scenes between 5am-630am to get the show on the air and even how the post show meetings happen. (Chris rolling in at 6:32 is an optional extra :D ) If Doms grass cutting video could get over 600k views, I'm sure any video could do just as well!

Going back to the Christmas stuff, I thought Secret Santa a couple of years back was a very good feature.
Ok - I have to say first that I didn't hear Dizzee Rascal this morning, but I've been talking to people who did. Doesn't sound to me like it was taken all that seriously.......what's your take on it?
I agree it wasn't taken seriously infact it was seriously played down and brushed under the carpet and if I was listening with my child I would complain, fan of the show or not.

Was Dizzee Rascal not briefed before the show because he has been a guest previously? If so do you think this policy should be changed seeing as we are now approaching the christmas promotion interviews? Also do you think, looking back, members of the team should have done more at the time when Dizzee Rascal said what he did? I know you can't be blamed for what guests say on the show but for someone to stand up and object to what has just been said and apologise seriously would get alot more respect then trying to joke about it and say later 'It's just Dizzee Rascal being Dizzee Rascal.'
To add to what's been said Aled, do you think that guests who make those sort of comments (particularly when it's clearly deliberate and Dizzee Rascal - whether or not he was briefed - I'm pretty sure would have known that it is inappropriate to make those remarks on breakfast radio) should be reprimanded on air, or even taken off air? Chris' response seemed to be more concerned with people eating their breakfast than people listening with kids, which was the wrong way to take it in my opinion.

Given that in Ofcom's response to Chris' accidental "*" way back when to the caller on Carpark Catchphrase, they took into account the fact that he was clearly upset and extremely apologetic straight afterwards, if (as I think it's safe to assume) there are complaints to Ofcom, do you think they will view the team's response as appropriate to the situation?
Aled, what did you seriously think of Dizzee's comment earlier? Is he gonna be allowed on again or not? Did he get spoken to about it after or anything. Personally, I do like him and don't think it was completely bad even though he should have apologised but at the time i just don't think he realised it could be percieved as bad.
I'm sorry. I'm limited on what I can comment because I was too ill to stay in the studio so was puking up in the toilet so missed it.

We apologised twice on air. Dizzee was spoken to again once the mics were closed and we took it out of the iPlayer to ensure no-one else was offended.
I'm not sure I could do what Chris has to do here. Its bad enough when you're in pieces in private, but to have everyone watching (or listening), wondering if you're going to say something, how you're going to sound - I know its his job, but I don't think I could do it.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]