Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.

who is the fittest neighbours honey?

steph
31%
libby
16%
izzy
28%
mac (the WPC who is secretly a drug dealer)
8%
susan kennedy
9%
cindy
2%
lyn scully
2%
valda
5%
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
Do you live with Quincy?
By fish heads
No, I just go round to watch Neighbours, but he's never in
By Sidders
dave-tricks can tell us all about the goings-on in Neighbours in the far distant future.
By dave-tricks
dam right...in the end all of the people on the street die becouse an atomic bomb comes down and kills em all
By SAV1OUR
And its all down to evil Harold and his chin wreaks devastation on all.
By dave-tricks
ha ha lol.....i hate all of the charactors...ther soo fake and its so predictable on what happens...
By fish heads
Some more info on the potential loss of the show by the BBC

Media Guardian wrote:BBC close to losing Neighbours

The BBC is on the verge of losing its daytime ratings banker Neighbours, with corporation insiders attacking the show's distributor for "unrealistic and greedy" demands.

BBC executives are understood to be seething with Fremantle, the RTL subsidiary that distributes Neighbours, and admit that contract renewal negotiations for the long-running Australian soap are on the verge of collapse.

Fremantle is believed to have demanded an increase on the current rate of around £25,000 for each episode of Neighbours to more than £70,000 during six months of talks with the corporation.

The BBC is understood to have told Fremantle that they are free to talk to other broadcasters, insisting that their UK rivals would be "foolish" to agree to the distributor's "unrealistic and greedy" demands.

"Fremantle have fannied about for so long and this has been highly unprofessional," a BBC source said.

"What they don't appear to understand is that this is a daytime soap opera, not a peak time drama, and if they can get the money they want then good luck to them but it would be damaging to them," the insider added.

"They may get that money but they have damaged their credibility with the way they have behaved.

"They also don't seem to realise that one of the reasons the show has the status it does in Australia is that it is shown on the BBC. Let them see what happens if it goes elsewhere."

The loss of Neighbours would be a huge blow to the BBC1 schedule, where it pulls in around 3 million viewers for its 1.35pm lunchtime repeat and around 2.6 million for its 5.35pm episode.

It would also mark the end of an era - Neighbours has been broadcast on BBC1 since 1986.

The BBC director of acquisitions, George McGhee, said: "We would be really sorry to lose it but that may well happen".

ITV and Channel Five are understood to be keen to get their hands on the soap, with sources at both broadcasters confirming they are weighing up a bid.

According to sources at the BBC, Fremantle is looking for a deal that would cover "at least five to 10 years".

The soap's contract with the BBC ends later next year and Neighbours would plug a hole in ITV1's afternoon schedule, which has struggled since the loss of Home and Away to Five and the defection of Paul O'Grady to Channel 4.

Neighbours could also be used on ITV2, which is also looking for a "teen-oriented soap".

The ITV chief operating officer, John Cresswell, was quoted as saying last week that a teen soap would bring a "habit-forming young audience" to peak on ITV2.

ITV could follow the lead of Five, which runs Home and Away on its main network at 6pm, then gives viewers a first look at the next episode immediately afterwards on digital channel Five Life.

An ITV spokeswoman declined to comment on the network's interest in Neighbours, insisting that they "cannot confirm anything at this stage".

A Five spokesman declined to comment on the channel's interest. But sources at the broadcaster confirmed the channel had long been interested in acquiring the soap, made by Australian production company Grundy - which is owned by Five's parent company RTL.

"We have a track record with Home and Away and we are definitely interested," said a source at the broadcaster, which is thought to be keen to air Neighbours alongside Home and Away in a soap hour from 6pm.
By dave-tricks
yeh i have to agree with that....nieghbours has lost its touch...its a bit cheesy now...one of them UKTV shows
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
A BBC source used the phrase "fannied"?

The bogan.
By fish heads
dave-tricks wrote:yeh i have to agree with that....nieghbours has lost its touch...its a bit cheesy now...one of them UKTV shows

A bit cheesy now?! When was it ever not?!!!
By Sidders
According to Wikipedia, Numerous celebs are to appear in Neighbours this year, including Jo Whiley, Lucas and Walliams and the best one, Terry Nutkins.
By DemonHorse
Sidders wrote:According to Wikipedia, Numerous celebs are to appear in Neighbours this year, including Jo Whiley, Lucas and Walliams and the best one, Terry Nutkins.

Lucan and Walliams are appearing as Lou and Andy aren't they?
By Sidders
I don't know. I'm not sure I can believe it actually. I mean, of all the people they could ask to do cameos, why ask Terry Nutkins?
By fish heads
I think the nutkins thing is a lie, but the other 2 are true
By Sidders
It also says Neil Morrisey, Michael Parkinson, Jonathan Coleman, Julian Clary and Emma Bunton.
By fish heads
Those are all also true
By DemonHorse
Walliams and Lucas are the only ones I've seen pictorial evidence of.
By fish heads
From another message board, and many other places -

""Latest speculation (based on a Teletext report but seems to be building now) is that if the BBC do lose the rights then they'll drop the show as early as next Friday and not show the remaining 2007/08 episodes they've bought."
By DemonHorse
Hmmm seems to me they'd have a hard time replacing it without doing crappy repeats or something
By SAV1OUR
Once went to Aussie and watched newer episodes where toadie has his shorter hair for the first time. I remember them going to the adverts at the end of the episode and then coming back especially for the end credits?!?! There must have been about 5 advert breaks. If the great white shark that is ITV buys up this show then I dont think I'll watch, the BBC are right on in understanding the success of the show, its faster without adverts, it isnt primetime and thats why people appreciate it, people of all ages, once it moves to commercial channel it becomes Home and Away and the word 'demographic' comes heavily into play. I dont think it'd be a family show anymore either.
By fish heads
DemonHorse wrote:Hmmm seems to me they'd have a hard time replacing it without doing crappy repeats or something

They'll have to replace it sometime, so why not start ASAP?
By Mafro
If it goes to ITV or five then at least there is a good chance it will actually have an omnibus.
By David
A fantastic episode of Neighbours today.
By GF05
The Karl and Springsteen scenes were great.

Karl has been pretty damn funny lately

Small editing gap to come