Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By MadTheEddos
I really hope Rosberg can do it this year. I hoped when he won the last 3 races of last year that it could form the platform for a successful title challenge in 2016, but it was a vague hope at that time.
This year he's been shaky at times(Like Monaco and Canada for example), but generally he's looked like a different driver, and I think that if he does manage to win the Championship he'll genuinely deserve it... It'll be an extreme challenge to close it out against Lewis though!
By Topher
MadTheEddos wrote:I really hope Rosberg can do it this year.

I hope he can't... but I admit I'm biased.

MadTheEddos wrote:This year he's been shaky at times(Like Monaco and Canada for example), but generally he's looked like a different driver

This is undeniably true.

MadTheEddos wrote:I think that if he does manage to win the Championship he'll genuinely deserve it...

Again, my bias may come in here, but still I'm going to say it... he has had his luck along the way. There are two main reasons that Lewis is behind at the moment - his starts (which have been bad and which is in his control) and his reliability (which has also been comparatively bad and is clearly not in his control). If you took away one of those two things, Lewis would be in the lead, meaning if Lewis had made better starts (his fault) he would be in the lead; if he had finished Malaysia as the winner, for example (as he had been in control when he had his engine failure) then he would also be leading the championship.

However - he's not had a great year and it's a measure of his talent that a bad year for him still means he's in contention for the title.

Thank you both!!