Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
Ok, so not expecting this to be a long thread, but...

Is anyone else off to see the new Star Wars film this week?

Being an uber SW geek - I'm going to see the very first screening (1 min past midnight on wednesday night / thursday morning) on my own and then taking the boy to see it on Saturday.

I'm v.v.v.v. excited.
By Topher
We are going through them at the moment in episode order (watched 1 and 2 at the weekend). I've shown them to him before but it was a while ago. School this week, so I suspect we'll watch 3 on Friday and at least 4 and 5 Saturday and Sunday, then the following week there's no school, so we can watch 6 then go see 7.
By slaphead1982
It'll be the last showing on New years eve for me. Hopefully it won't be too packed by then.
By Nicola_Red
I will be going at some point, but not this week. I'm not enough of a SW geek to want to go to midnight screenings and pay a fortune. I'll just go to a regular screening at some point after Christmas, when the fuss has died down a bit.
By dimtimjim
TONIGHT!!! Yay!

Loving the SW chat currently on the show..!

It will... be ruddy brilliant.
By dimtimjim
Oh yes. Tired, but happy. Will done Disney and JJ.

Can't wait to see it again on Saturday now!
By dimtimjim
bmstinton93 wrote:Better than sharknado?

Hmmm... Sharknado 1 or 2..?!
By slaphead1982
I thought there was a Radio X logo on the window (Or near) the studio they broadcast from.
By neilt0
slaphead1982 wrote:I thought there was a Radio X logo on the window (Or near) the studio they broadcast from.

I think they took it down (as mentioned on the show)
By Misfit
Went to see SW last night. I think it had been built up too much last night, as it felt to me that they simply got the best bits of all the rest of the other films. and seemed to drag to the point i actually went to the toilet to check my phone and reply to a text, something i can't recall ever doing.

Anyone else not impressed by it?
By foot-loose
My mate was late which made me miss the first ten minutes. Gutted. No LucasFilm logo. No "a long time ago" chat. No "Star Wars" logo. No theme. No yellow words floating through space (so no explanation of the plot).

Plus the guy who served me in Next (who got very excited when I told him I'd seen the film) told me that the first ten minutes were "the best part of the film". Which made me feel so much better.

No spoilers. I may go and see it again just to watch the first ten minutes.
By foot-loose
... other than that, loved it. Didn't follow the first half but I blame that on missing the yellow words.
By Johnny 1989
Good to hear those who have seen it seemed to like it (wasn't a fan of 1 & 2 and still haven't got round to seeing 3 yet).

Think I'll wait for the DVD though, when I went to see Spectre there were some little twats behind who wouldn't shut up and in the quiet moments all you could hear was "he's gonna shag her innit".

Plus doesn't help that I accidently saw a big spoiler online for this when I wasn't even looking for it due to some gobby twunt posting it randomly online :mad:
By Topher
foot-loose wrote:No spoilers. I may go and see it again just to watch the first ten minutes.

Do it - I didn't see the prequels until very late on, so this was the first Star Wars I've ever seen at the cinema and the buzz at the start is amazing - when the logo came up, the music started and the scrolling introduction began the hairs on your neck stand up... did for me anyway.

Johnny 1989 wrote:Think I'll wait for the DVD though, when I went to see Spectre there were some little twats behind who wouldn't shut up and in the quiet moments all you could hear was "he's gonna shag her innit".

That is annoying, but I think it's worth the risk - I'm considering seeing it again on my own this time in IMAX.
By foot-loose
Topher wrote:
foot-loose wrote:No spoilers. I may go and see it again just to watch the first ten minutes.

Do it - I didn't see the prequels until very late on, so this was the first Star Wars I've ever seen at the cinema and the buzz at the start is amazing - when the logo came up, the music started and the scrolling introduction began the hairs on your neck stand up... did for me anyway.

All my pals have either seen it or don't want to see it which prompts the question - is it sad to go to the cinema on your own?
By Topher
foot-loose wrote:is it sad to go to the cinema on your own?

NO. I don't understand why this is even a question - you go to the cinema to see a film, not to chat to whoever's next to you. I am considering doing it myself, I used to go on my own sometimes when I had a Cineworld pass and I'm considering getting one again, in which case I think more often than not I'll probably be going alone.
By slaphead1982
foot-loose wrote:Is it sad to go to the cinema on your own?

No.
By dimtimjim
No Foots, it isn't. I was at the SW7 premier (00:01 screening) on my own - I didnae give a feck. Just do it.

Pleased some others of you have enjoyed it, too.

And I completely agree with you Toph, i also had standy-up hairs on back o neck when the opening sequence started...

Thank you both!!