Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
I missed out on all these meet-ups, kinda regret it now!

I'm used to meeting strangers, I go to car shows with random people from my car club every year!
I have changed jobs twice in the last three years. One of those jobs I ended up working for the worst company you could ever have the misfortune of working for. I was in a very senior position and it basically ran my life. I worked all the hours under the sun and eventually it made me quite ill. I changed jobs very recently and I'm loving what I do now. I'm working for a huge company who know how to look after people and I'm in a role which is not only enjoyable but gives me the chance to have the evenings and weekends to myself.
chrysostom wrote:
foot-loose wrote:You'll go blind.

JayE wrote:Wanked almost everyday since. Finished my GCSEs, and and now in college.

Dictated by Siri

I see what you did there.
*Applauds*

*Pats everyone on their arse*

*Goes to high five JayE*

*Waits*

*Walks off*
I'm exactly the same just three years older (it has been three years right?)
I've had a few promotions at work in that time.

Originally to fill the void of no Moyles I started off with the replay feature started on here and did for around a year then just stopped.
It got depressing listening to them say it's a heatwave when in present day I was scrapping ice off my car wrapped up freezing and miserable!

I actually then started listening to XFM Manchester all the time instead of in drips and drabs so this news has played right into my hands and I personally cannot wait for 21st!
Since Moyles left I have become an avid 6Music listener and have discovered many new artists/bands over the last three years, don't miss Radio 1's playlist at all

As for personally, still single unfortunatwly, still live in shitty Ilford (which has deteriorated rapidly in the last three years, those that live in, North/East London or South West Essex can back that up) although I'm about 1.5st lighter.

Oh and I'm still working at the same company (13 years this October, which apparently loyalty wise is excellent in this day and age) although redundancy is imminent, hopefully, something which I would have never said three years ago but it's been so bad these last six months I do wonder how they're surviving to be honest.

Oh I no longer drink lager, Ale/Stout or spirits for me these days, I'm a more classier drinker [emoji38]
swaddon1903 wrote:
foot-loose wrote:
swaddon1903 wrote:I bought a new kettle.

That's been my highlight of the last few years. :(

Is it a good kettle?

Oh yeah. It's red, and it boils water.

* flashy bastard with yer kettle that boils water.
Mines manages a temperature of around tepid jizz.

Classic Badger right there folks
swaddon1903 wrote:
foot-loose wrote:
swaddon1903 wrote:I bought a new kettle.

That's been my highlight of the last few years. :(

Is it a good kettle?

Oh yeah. It's red, and it boils water.

Woo - red. I have a black one. It also boils water - £14.99 from Tesco.

True story.
Johnny 1989 wrote:Since Moyles left I have become an avid 6Music listener and have discovered many new artists/bands over the last three years, don't miss Radio 1's playlist at all

We have 6 Music on in the office occasionally and whilst I don't mind the majority of the playlist, I can't STAND Lauren Laverne. Not that I like Clara Amfo on R1 any better. But I still listen to R1 the majority of the time, I still like pop music.
Well, I've been doing exactly the same thing for three years as I had for the previous three years.
I work at the same place in the same role (But more money than 2012).
Live in the same place.
Still single.
Edit the occasional old show. I'm not quick which is why I hav'nt offered my services.
I'm fatter than I was in 2012 but slimmer than I was a couple of months ago.
I never listen to Radio 1 now, I did try about a year after Chris left but it was just too rubbish. I now tend to listen to podcasts more now. No such thing as a fish, Rhod Gilbert, Desert island discs & Empire film podcasts are the main ones.
slaphead1982 wrote:I'm fatter than I was in 2012

Aren't we all *sigh* I go through phases of caring, then not caring. Settling down has not been great on my waistline.
I don't really want to go into too much detail publicly but I've had a pretty awful year, which went extremely downhill after the end of my relationship in January (we're still friends). Compounded by surgery on an abscess in June that's has a series of complications since, so I'm constantly in pain.

HOW ABOUT THAT FOR KEEPING IT LIGHT? Moving on.

I've got a new job as a Social Media Manager (don't roll your eyes) at my previous workplace's main competitor (have that). I've also got incredibly into stand-up comedy and try to go most weeks, which is easy and quite cheap in London. I lost around 7 stone since 2013 too, so at least that's something to talk about from my otherwise unremarkable time.
chrysostom wrote:I've got a new job as a Social Media Manager (don't roll your eyes) at my previous workplace's main competitor (have that)

Did you put #teammoyles into your CV?

Am I right in thinking you're now working for the competitor of the one I've just started studying for?
I mentioned it as the non-work thing I'm most proud of (not that it wouldn't have happened without me, but relatively good elements of campaign planning & use of dynamic content, as well as beating a major agency with minimal budget - that's the kind of rubbish they pay me to make up now).

Yeah, their office is just down the road of my current employer.

Thank you both!!