Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By JayE
neilt0 wrote:If you listen to mine, let me know what you think! If you only listen to one, I suggest listening to the Star Wars one. We had a lot of fun with that one.

I listened to the "GroundHog Day" Episode, It's the one I already had downloaded so I thought I'd listen to that one first.

Didn't really see anything wrong with the audio as I noticed you said previously you thought it was crap, but that could be because I'm used to listening to rubbish audio.
The voicemails at the start were very funny. Was interesting hearing different takes on the film from each co-host and facts about how the film was made.

Great stuff Neil, will definitely listen again at some point.
By chrysostom
The Greg James Podcast 'That's what he said' is actually really entertaining. His dynamic with Chris Smith (with the news) is really nice to listen to, and he has an extremely relaxed interview technique when guests come in - no beds under his talking either.

Top marks.
By bmstinton93
I agree, although Chris Smith probably makes the podcast as great as it is and as much as I really like him, I can't help thinking that he's just a poor man's Dominic Byrne. His Mulled Wines parody was simply amazing though.
By flyingbadger
bmstinton93 wrote:I think me and Badger should make a podcast...

It's weird hearing someone's voice that you know but have never met before.
But once I got over the silliness of his accent, me and Ben had a blast.

Enjoy folks.

Hopefully arrange another one sometime down the line.

Badger and Benj. An introduction.
By dimtimjim
he still is.
By flyingbadger
bmstinton93 wrote:I swear you used to be funny.

I swear.

That is a definite.

Used to be funny.

Meh. Each to their own.

dimtimjim wrote:he still is.

chrysostom wrote:it may be crude humour, but it's lack of predictability keeps it fresh.

Cheers guys.

Well certainly to you Tim. I'm still having issues understanding Andrew's sentence.
Last edited by flyingbadger on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JayE
(This time it is self promotion) I started a new podcast with some mates about a month ago where we chat about films and TV Shows. We recorded our 7th one a couple of weeks ago and it went really well. I feel that I can share it about now because I feel it's evolved a bit and is starting to go somewhere. Decide for yourself though and if you listen please leave some feedback.

Or download it as an mp3: https://archive.org/details/FilmCrapPodcastEpisode7

Cheers! :D
By The Deadly
A question not a criticism: Why do people bother to do podcasts unless they are already famous? What are you hoping to achieve by doing one? Again I don't mean that in a bad way I'm genuinely interested.
By JayE
I want to persue this as my career. Everyone has to start somewhere.. I do it because I enjoy it more than anything.
By neilt0
The Deadly wrote:A question not a criticism: Why do people bother to do podcasts unless they are already famous? What are you hoping to achieve by doing one? Again I don't mean that in a bad way I'm genuinely interested.

Because it's fun! Shameless plug for my pod:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id859477913

RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/DimeforscaleMovieClub

Twitter: https://twitter.com/DFSMCpodcast

Jay, you need to set up an RSS feed (not too difficult) -- otherwise, it's not really a podcast!
By JayE
neilt0 wrote:Jay, you need to set up an RSS feed (not too difficult) -- otherwise, it's not really a podcast!

Yeah I was looking into that a couple of weeks ago! But every site I found costs money to set one up and I don't want to pay just to set up a feed. Know of any good free sites Neil?

P.S It's Monday! Surely there should be a new DFSMC Episode today??!
By neilt0
JayE wrote:
neilt0 wrote:Jay, you need to set up an RSS feed (not too difficult) -- otherwise, it's not really a podcast!

Yeah I was looking into that a couple of weeks ago! But every site I found costs money to set one up and I don't want to pay just to set up a feed. Know of any good free sites Neil?

P.S It's Monday! Surely there should be a new DFSMC Episode today??!

I just googled "RSS podcast" or "free rss podcast" or "how do I make a podcast for free" or something.

Here's what I use (all completely free)

Post MP3 on archive.org

Get a free Wordpress blog

Put MP3 in the blog (Google how to do that)

Set up a Feedburner account -- that takes the RSS from Wordpress and formats it correctly for podcasting.

It's pretty easy. I just Googled my questions. Any problems I had, I just Googled for the answers. You can also submit the RSS to iTunes. Mine was approved in less than 24 hours, but we already had 10 epsiodes up by then. They won't approve a podcast with zero or only a few eps.

The next DFSMC should be going up soon -- probably later today. We had a lot of fun on this one and have a Special Guest today!
By bmstinton93
This is probably a stupid question that I'm sure I can just google, but how do you get podcasts on android? And is there a way of syncing these listens with iOs? I only have the Scott Mills and Greg James podcasts and they both download to my ipad. I would like to be able to have them on my phone as well really.
By JayE
Neil cheers for the plugs and criticism of my podcast on the thread for your podcast on "that other forum" by the way :)
I am still working on how to add mp3 files to wordpress but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it.
By neilt0
JayE wrote:Neil cheers for the plugs and criticism of my podcast on the thread for your podcast on "that other forum" by the way :)
I am still working on how to add mp3 files to wordpress but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do it.

That's gentle ribbing! If you want me to rip in, I'd be happy to... :D

ETA: it's something like insert media, then "from URL". I didn't know either, so I Googled the answer. Google is the answer to every question. Also, change the https: link from archive.org to http: otherwise it won't work, I don't think.

Thank you both!!