Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bruvva
Yeah, Sturridge in the middle UNLIKE LAST NIGHT, unlike the manager to not have a single, solitary clue is it?

I'd say that side's probably about the best England could play, won't happen though..Although Henderson didn't really impress last night if I'm honest.
By dimtimjim
Bruvva wrote:Right, I'm going to say this now...Wayne Rooney should not be picked by England for the World Cup.

+1. I've thought he was way overhyped as our only hope in both the last two major tournaments. Fegging useless lumbering ape.
By The Deadly
chrysostom wrote:Bit harsh to keep him out the squad, but I agree that he's not obviously bringing anything to the starting XI.

I'd like to see this team play

With subs:

Forster
Jones
Johnson
Barry (Yes, Barry)
Lallana
Rooney
Lambert

(Unused - Ruddy, Cole, Caulker, Welbeck, Rodriguez)

Lallana should be picked ahead of Wilshire. He's been very average all season.
By Bruvva
Oh, Wilshere got crocked last night didn't he?

How long's he out for?

Oh, wait, I've just seen THIS.

Which is actually better than this.

Twitter handle for the above is @FreeSuarez1 - I really hope it's someone on the wind up otherwise I just despair of humanity.
By chrysostom
The FreeSuarez one is definitely run by an LFC fans, I wouldn't be surprised if the petition was too!

6 weeks for Wilshere, as usual the fanbase is imploding on Twitter
By Bruvva
Think there's a bit of a media led rush to write Arsenal off at the moment, yes they're in a bit of a dip in form compared to the teams around them but they're 4 points off the top of the league, it's hardly disastrous.

It does entertain me, the differing media views between Liverpool and Arsenal, with Liverpool it's all "ooh, dark horses for the championship!" (won't happen) and with Arsenal it's "IT'S ALL GOING TO GO HORRIBLY WRONG" even though the only difference between the two teams is that Liverpool have a better goal difference. Daft, really.
By The Deadly
The disrespect being shown towards the teams in the FA Cup final is irritating me. Arsenal haven't won anything yet and it's being considered a given that they'll win the cup.
By chrysostom
While Arsenal are overwhelming favourites to win the competition, most AFC fans I follow are really trepidant about it.

It's being used as a stick to beat Wenger with already, with some fans now saying if we don't win it then he MUST go (although they're the type of fans I don't follow on Twitter).
By The Deadly
It's not the Arsenal fans it's the neutrals and the media. A Spurs fan I follow thinks it's an FA conspiracy just so that Arsenal win something. I just hope he is joking.
By Topher
I want to share with you all a football related thingy that made me laugh at the weekend:
Someone retweeted into my timeline wrote:Arsenal not winning a trophy this year is going to be the funniest Arsenal not winning a trophy ever.
By Bonanzoid
The Deadly wrote:The disrespect being shown towards the teams in the FA Cup final is irritating me. Arsenal haven't won anything yet and it's being considered a given that they'll win the cup.

Semi final? There are 4 teams left.
By chrysostom
Deadly's right though - it would seem on the face of it (taking into account squad quality) that Arsenal should walk it. However it is about the performances on the day, which deadly DID say ;)
By The Deadly
The strange thing is Wigan have better recent experience than Arsenal when it comes to a one off big game. Weird to say that but it's true.
By Bruvva

Heh. Larf.

As I've said before, there are times when I * love football.
By Bruvva
Rosicky's goal though, as they say on the guardian podcast : a Thunderbastard...

Also, going back to Liverpool at the pit of evil, that game was further grist to my "Rooney shouldn't go to the world cup" mill. He is APPALLING.
By Bonanzoid
I bloody loved the game at Old Trafford. It was unbelievable. Such a shame Stevie couldn't grab the hat trick, especially with Fergie watching on. That said, 2 is enough to stick it to the red nosed bastard.

As for Suarez, he can even score with knitted boots.
By Bruvva
Anyway, 3 pens at old Trafford...bloody far cry from this isn't it?

2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up