Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Badger Mark
chrysostom wrote:Given that its nominated for an Oscar, I'm going to be trying this out :)

It was a bit Pythonesque in a lot of points IMO. The scope and complexity of the animation is definitely Oscar-worthy. There's a scene near the beginning that takes place in a pirate bar. I read it took 18 weeks to shoot that whole segment.
By dimtimjim
New Evil Dead re-make is due out in April... This news'll please Mrs DTJ as she loves her horror films.

Trailer, not for young audiences, mind.

By Bas
I watched 'The Campaign' the other night & haven't laughed so hard since Man United lost the title last year.

If you loved Anchorman, you'd love this.

One liner heaven.

"I've made over 100,000 phone calls over the past 8 years. Only one percent of them have been sexual or abusive. I stand by those figures"

After accidentally punching a baby at an election rally, "Why is everyone going on about the damn baby? No-one is asking about my poor hand after it hit that baby's iron like jaw. I can't even make a fist anymore"

" Goddamn your commy dogs! Get some American dogs, you damn commy!"

"I don't want to live in Rainbowland!"

"You get my son to call you 'Dad' then I f**k your wife. That's the law."

"Put my head in the freezer & f**k me from behind!!
"
By Bonanzoid
Saw Django Unchained the other night, and I thought it was fantastic. It probably could have been shorter, but that aside it was rather great.
By Longview01
dimtimjim wrote:New Evil Dead re-make is due out in April... This news'll please Mrs DTJ as she loves her horror films.

Trailer, not for young audiences, mind.

I'm a huge huge fan of the original trilogy and to be honest i'm not a fan of remakes but holy shit....this trailer looks so awesome!
By Badger Mark
R94N wrote:This week I've seen Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Seven, and Zombieland.

I was disappointed in Hot Fuzz. Not as funny as I thought it would be. SOTD was much better IMO. Oddly enough, my wife and I saw Seven in a cinema during our honeymoon. We had an afternoon with nothing planned and since we both wanted to see it anyway we figured - what the heck. Pretty disturbing movie and not at all romantic :)
Zombieland was great also.

Last night I watched Battleship. Since it was on our DVR (thankfully) I was able to zip past all the boring stuff (at least 1/3 of the movie) and watch only the parts where they were actually dealing with the aliens. Just a big, dumb movie overall.
By JayE
I agree. I thought Shaun of The Dead was a brilliant comedy film and was funny throughout. Hot Fuzz had brilliantly funny moments but there was too much action and drama. I'd recommend Paul if you haven't seen it before. It's another one with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.
By Badger Mark
JayE wrote:I agree. I thought Shaun of The Dead was a brilliant comedy film and was funny throughout. Hot Fuzz had brilliantly funny moments but there was too much action and drama. I'd recommend Paul if you haven't seen it before. It's another one with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

You're right about Hot Fuzz. Some great funny moments, but inconsistent otherwise. It wasn't a bad movie, just not as good as SOTD. I've seen Paul, and I loved it! So many great geek movie references. It was fun just to try and spot them all.
By Longview01
JayE wrote:I agree. I thought Shaun of The Dead was a brilliant comedy film and was funny throughout. Hot Fuzz had brilliantly funny moments but there was too much action and drama. I'd recommend Paul if you haven't seen it before. It's another one with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

You a spaced fan?
By JayE
Longview01 wrote:

You a spaced fan?

No. I never got round to watching spaced. Is it worth watching?
By Longview01
JayE wrote:
Longview01 wrote:

You a spaced fan?

No. I never got round to watching spaced. Is it worth watching?

If you like Shaun of the Dead then you should love Spaced, esp if you like spotting geeky film references.

Just check out Pegg giving it to a kid who is trying to buy a Jarjar Binks doll :P

If you ever want to check em out you can watch both series on 4od

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/spaced/4od
By Badger Mark
Thanks for pointing me to Spaced. Never heard of it until now and luckily it looks like I can watch episodes on youtube.
By Longview01
charlalottie wrote:I can not recommend Spaced enough. It's just absolutely brilliant.

100% agree

Hope you guys enjoy it!
By Badger Mark
Just watched the 1st episode of Spaced (sorry if this is veering off into the TV watching discussion). I thought it was pretty good. And it has Jessica Hynes in it too beside SImon Pegg. I've only seen her before in Twenty Twelve (really liked that show also)
By DevilsDuck
Nick Frost and Mark Heap are also amazing. I love Spaced
By Bruvva
God. Spaced - coming up to TWELVE YEARS OLD.

I loved that show.
By dimtimjim
DevilsDuck wrote: I love Spaced

Me2.
By Latina
Ah, Spaced. Amazing show. When people assume Simon Pegg just came along and started his career with Shaun of the Dead, it irks me almost as much as those people who think Monty Python were a comedy group who made a couple of movies.

I know that's my problem rather than anyone else's, but the pain I feel is genuine.
By Nicola_Red
Back to films...I watched Dreams Of A Life over the weekend, it was amazing (albeit heartbreaking). Zawe Ashton is such a fantastic actress. I think it's still available on 4od.
By DevilsDuck
I watched Wreck it Ralph this weekend...Brilliant film

Small editing gap to come