Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Badger Mark
Watched Pitch Perfect this weekend. Fun, cute movie. Some genuinely laugh out loud moments throughout the whole thing. To be honest though, I've now had enough acapella to last me a good long time.
By DevilsDuck
charlalottie wrote: me being a bit emotionally vulnerable at the moment

*deadly enters stage left*
By Badger Mark
Went to see Pacific Rim this afternoon. I thought it was pretty good. Nothing thought-provoking - just a lot of giant monster/giant robot goodness. If I had the opportunity, I'd see it again. Story was nothing spectacular, but I really didn't mind at all.
By Badger Mark
I've only seen Star Trek and Monsters U. from your list. Add to that Pacific Rim, which I saw yesterday, and going way back to January, I saw Wreck it Ralph. That's all I've actually seen in the theater this year. If I had to rank them:

Trek
Pacific Rim
Wreck it Ralph
Monsters U.

The only reason I placed Ralph above MU is because MU was a prequel and Ralph was an original.
By Topher
Here's my list from best to worst:

Monsters University
By JayE
I'm pretty sure the only new film that I've seen this year is Woman in Black so that's my list, if I have seen any others they must have been rubbish because I don't remember them.
By Yudster
Watched The Hobbit on DVD last night. Enjoyed it.
By neilt0
2013 Films I've seen so far:

I've marked the ones I'd recommend with a *

Behind the Candelabra
The Call
Dark Skies
A Field in England
G.I. Joe: Retaliation
A Good Day to Die Hard
Identity Thief
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
* The Last Stand
Mary & Martha
McCullin
Parker
Phil Spector
* Show Trial: The Story of Pussy Riot
* Side Effects
Snitch
Sound City
Stoker
* Trance
The Undocumented
Upstream Color
* We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks
By Badger Mark
Last night my wife and I watched Velvet Goldmine (1998) with Ewan McGregor, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Christian Bale and Toni Collette. We'd never heard of this one and we just stumbled upon it while surfing cable channels. It's focuses on the glam rock period of the early-mid 70's. JRM plays a Bowie-like character and TC plays his wife. McGregor plays an Iggy Pop-like character. An interesting film. What impressed us was virtually all the music was written for the movie and it was very accurate for the period. From the credits we learned it was written mostly by several Roxy Music alums. Although I was growing up during this period, I was still a bit too young to really be aware of it. I do remember seeing a TV commercial for some Bowie album that came out at the time and thinking - "what is THAT??"
By Topher
You know the first one was a bit shit, right?
By bmstinton93
Just cause it wasn't your taste? Pretty sure it was one of the biggest grossing british comedy films ever or something like that.
By The Deadly
bmstinton93 wrote:Just cause it wasn't your taste? Pretty sure it was one of the biggest grossing british comedy films ever or something like that.

Just because it did well at the box office it doesn't mean it was a good film. It was uncomplicated drivel that was aimed at the lower class cinema goer who doesn't want to be intellectually challenged when watching a film.
By JayE
I don't give a shit what you thought of the first film. I enjoyed it and so did a lot of people.
By Topher
It was just like a feature length episode of The Inbetweeners. I like The Inbetweeners, but felt the film was unnecessary.
By The Deadly
JayE wrote:I don't give a shit what you thought of the first film. I enjoyed it and so did a lot of people.

I don't give a shit what a child who isn't even old enough to watch the film thinks about it.
By JayE
Haha. Good comeback. I don't take you seriously anymore, you've just become tedious.

Did you watch films that had a certificate over your age when you were a kid by any chance?
By The Deadly
JayE wrote:I don't give a shit what you thought of the first film. I enjoyed it and so did a lot of people.
By Nicola_Red
I enjoyed the first Inbetweeners movie too. Yes it was just like a long episode of the tv show, but a pretty funny one at that. My only concern with the sequel is that the actors might be starting to look too old to play 18/19 yr olds anymore. But we'll see.
By Nicola_Red
The Deadly wrote:

I don't give a shit what a child who isn't even old enough to watch the film thinks about it.

If you don't give a shit about the opinions of other posters on films, don't read the film thread. If you choose to read and post in it, you need to accept that all the other members might be posting in it too, and you might disagree with some of them. And that goes for all of you, not just Deadly and Jay!
By DevilsDuck
The first film was ok, but not as good as the actual show.

I hope they do move them on a bit and it is supposed to be a few years on from the last film
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]