Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
Let's branch this off then from the WAYT thread...

So, yeah. Cars 'n' shit :)

This is my current 'fleet':

The Saab is a 9000 Aero, modified to about stage 3 (about 280bhp). Not mine unfortunately, my housemates. But the Nissans are mine :)
Last edited by James H on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By The Deadly
I'm not sure I can post a photo of my car due to it being so awful. I'll post a photo of the new one when I get it.
By James H
charlalottie wrote:Well I'm now going to trace where you live.

If you can find it from that picture I'll be impressed!
By dimtimjim
I run an Octy vRS (Mk1 - 1.8T) which is getting on for Stage 2 now. Must get some up to date pics...

Spec (until I get it back):

LPG conversion (EBC system) with flash lube system
Weitec coilover kit (lowering 15mm)
NuSpeed 32mm Front ARB
Brembo cross-drilled discs on EBC yellow stuff pads.
Milltek Cat back system
JabbaSport custom air intake
JabbaSport custom re-map
Forge re-circ dump valve
Forge Silcone Turbo Intake Pipe

At this point was approx 220bhp (could have been more but on my mileage I wanted 'safe' power).

Is currently in at JabbaSport again for:

Head port and polish
High-flow custom Exhaust manifold

Which should put me up to about 260 (safe)bhp and only a FMIC away from being full Stage 2 (well, and uprated injectors, but as I said, I run LPG not petrol so that pointless really).

But, if I'm honest - cars are only so much fun. My car has set me back over £20,000 to date - 0-60 in 6.5 secs. On the other hand, my motorbike cost me less than £2k and does 0-60 in 2.5 secs, 0-100 in 5.5 and onto 165 flat out. Love it.

Last edited by dimtimjim on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By MK Chris
I once rode one of those kiddy's motorbikes (well, I was 12 at the time) in Canada... straight into a wood pile.
By dimtimjim
James H wrote: But the Nissans are mine :)

So, more detail on the 'Line, please. Is that an R32...?!
By James H
dimtimjim wrote:
James H wrote: But the Nissans are mine :)

So, more detail on the 'Line, please. Is that an R32...?!

R33 GTS-t (not a GT-R unfortunately!) but it's only done 75k, it's still even got the stock limiter. It just needs a bit of TLC to bring it back to road worthiness. The previous owner had just fitted 2 new tyres on the front, a pair of P-Zero Rosso's!! 8O

I haven't really done much to it yet due to time constraints, but my old housemate runs a Nissan tuning company so I'm hoping for a remap of the stock ECU (well, a 300ZX Z33 stock ECU) with Nistune and we'll see where we go from there!

Your Octavia sounds pretty epic! My mate has an Octavia Laurin + Klement which he's done god knows how much to and it's pretty sweet!
By The Deadly
Never been on a motorbike but would certainly like to have a go on a bike. When I hit the midlife crisis I might splash out on one. I'd get my willy chopped off for it but it could be worth it.
By Zoot
I'm a car geek without a decent car to blag about! I own a Peugeot 206 but i drive a specced up Clio 1.5 Diesel as a company car, which I really love. Hoping to get a new Megane before the year is up.
By R94N
I can't talk about cars having never driven one, unless a go kart counts. In other news, we used to have similar windows to yours.
By Yudster
R94N wrote:I can't talk about cars having never driven one.......

Yet you are here, posting in a thread designed for people to talk about cars!
By chrysostom
Zoot wrote:I own a Peugeot 206

Yes to this. I love my 1.4l, black 2 door Peugeot 206. Had him for 7 years now (my first and to date, only car) - survived 2 break ins, a tail light theft and 1 crash, without a doubt my favourite possession. I'll cry the day that I have to say goodbye.

http://instagram.com/p/Dm-PI/

ps. His name is Leroy
By Yudster
Leroy is SHINY!
By James H
chrysostom wrote:
Zoot wrote:I own a Peugeot 206

Yes to this. I love my 1.4l, black 2 door Peugeot 206. Had him for 7 years now (my first and to date, only car) - survived 2 break ins, a tail light theft and 1 crash, without a doubt my favourite possession. I'll cry the day that I have to say goodbye.

http://instagram.com/p/Dm-PI/

ps. His name is Leroy

Very well kept :)

I had a 406 (one of my only Non-Nissans) and it was ridiculously comfortable. And I ran it on vegetable oil (cheaper than diesel!) :D
By Yudster
We tried a 308 a few weeks ago and just sitting in it was SO comfortable - I know you can adjust the driving position in most cars, but the 308 just fit both of use perfectly, and we are very different shapes! I quite fancy a 308.
By DevilsDuck
Yudster wrote: I quite fancy a 308.

I'll notify foot-loose and badger!
By a-moron
I have no idea what that means but I'm game for most things.
By a-moron
Urban dictionary - 308 boyz:
A group of chimpanzees that escaped from the bronx zoo and formed a rap group.

Defo sounds like me and foots.

Well he certainly likes blowing off a mike and I like to fling my faeces at people.
By Bonanzoid
This was my first (and so far only) car, when I lived in Guadeloupe. It was a 1.0L Hyundai Atos with no power steering and was insanely fun to drive. The window winders didn't work, so to 'wind' the windows down you just needed to move the winder to where it should be for having the window open, then pull it down with the palm of your hand on the glass. Loved it.

By Senninha25
Hi to everyone, fellow car geek here introducing myself as a completely newbie driver.

For about a month I've been driving the family car, a 1992 Renault 19 that's been part of the family since '99. She's been through a rusty hood, an engine rebuild, a front bumper (hinges holding the original one were broken), a couple of sets of hubcaps and only one failure after 13 years of daily use. Also requires me to manually open the air intake whenever I start the engine, and it's a bit longer and wider than I'd like, but I still get a great kick out of driving her around. :)
By MK Chris
Bonanzoid wrote:This was my first (and so far only) car, when I lived in Guadeloupe. It was a 1.0L Hyundai Atos with no power steering and was insanely fun to drive. The window winders didn't work, so to 'wind' the windows down you just needed to move the winder to where it should be for having the window open, then pull it down with the palm of your hand on the glass. Loved it.

Sort your parking out man!

Senninha25 wrote:Hi to everyone, fellow car geek here introducing myself as a completely newbie driver.

For about a month I've been driving the family car, a 1992 Renault 19 that's been part of the family since '99. She's been through a rusty hood, an engine rebuild, a front bumper (hinges holding the original one were broken), a couple of sets of hubcaps and only one failure after 13 years of daily use. Also requires me to manually open the air intake whenever I start the engine, and it's a bit longer and wider than I'd like, but I still get a great kick out of driving her around. :)

Speaking of Renault, is that Alain Menu's winning BTCC car in your avatar? Looks very much like it or Jason Plato.
By Bonanzoid
Topher wrote:Sort your parking out man!

It was my flatmate who'd parked it that day, we had to take it to the garage. And she's female...

Thank you both!!