Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
dimtimjim wrote:Party Saturday night (complete with bouncy castle, no less) meant large larger consumption

*Snigger*

Large Larger.

Ya bell-end.
*BUMP* Should we just continue on this thread and rename it the Weight Loss Group?

chrysostom wrote:I'm 19st 11lbs, 6ft2, BMI of 35.6. Have lost 9lbs since the beginning of the year.

Target weight of 14 stone 7 lbs which would be the top end of a healthy BMI...depressingly that would put be at the same weight as Sol Campbell in his peak!But in terms of what I'd be happy with, I think to get to 16 stone would make me happy.

Given that by the beginning of 2014 I was a massive 22st 7lbs, I'm astonished that I'm now 15st 7lbs. I'm proud of myself, but think I can shift that extra stone. Anyone else make progress?
chrysostom wrote:*BUMP* Should we just continue on this thread and rename it the Weight Loss Group?

chrysostom wrote:I'm 19st 11lbs, 6ft2, BMI of 35.6. Have lost 9lbs since the beginning of the year.

Target weight of 14 stone 7 lbs which would be the top end of a healthy BMI...depressingly that would put be at the same weight as Sol Campbell in his peak!But in terms of what I'd be happy with, I think to get to 16 stone would make me happy.

Given that by the beginning of 2014 I was a massive 22st 7lbs, I'm astonished that I'm now 15st 7lbs. I'm proud of myself, but think I can shift that extra stone. Anyone else make progress?

New to this thread and will need to read over it, but damn that's brilliant 7st. Just wanted to say congrats.
chrysostom wrote:*BUMP* Should we just continue on this thread and rename it the Weight Loss Group?

I could do that if other people are in agreement.

I lost just over a stone at the beginning of 2014, then stalled and lost motivation. I was much bigger than I'd liked to have been when I got married, but I've come to terms with it. I've kept the stone and a bit off, but I'm still trying to rediscover that motivation to lose more. I would still ideally like to shift 4 stone. I'm conscious that I'm creeping towards the time when I'll need a hip replacement and they won't do it if I'm too big.
Well done Chrysostom, that is excellent.

My weight has fluctuated, I'm sort of doing a weight loss thing, but the main aim is to get fitter. At the moment I'm 13 stone 7, I'd like to get to around 12.5 I think.
I think I'm going to have to join a gym if I want to make any more progress as I've pretty much plateau'd at the 100kg mark, but in London it's pretty expensive so will have to make a big commitment to it - I'm worried about being a boring gym guy though. If you ever hear me use the phrase 'protein shake', shoot me.
I use the 30 Day Shred thing but the woman on it is INCREDIBLY annoying. It's sort of aimed at women to be honest, but it's a 20 minute intense work out plus warm up / cool down, which makes it ideal for me.
Ha.

Well I started May at 19st 6lb, and I am now 14st 10lb.. with 18lb to loose to get to normal BMI. I have been doing the Cambridge Weight Plan, and it's really good.

I have gone from in some cases XXXL and 42 inch, to L and 34 inch.

Which is nice.
The thread is now just Weight Loss Group, y'all.

The women in my Hitched forum group talk about weight loss on an almost daily basis. I veer between joining in and staying clear of the subject. I suspect I'll be the same here, as always. Some days it's just better for my mental health to not think about it. Still struggling to find a balance and I'm not sure if I ever will. Hey ho.
chrysostom wrote:Great stuff boboff! Although I've gone from 44" to 36" which means basically none of my clothes from the last 5 years fit me anymore.

Thank you, and back at you budy,

What method of torture did you use?

How is maintaining going?

Any top tips.
Well done Boboff, that is excellent.