Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By foot-loose
To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

As per usual, I was cut up by an Audi. About five minutes - I drove past him later getting up close and personal with the boys in blue. Result!

:lol:
By Zoot
My mate from the other side (Of the building, he's not dead...) just phoned me up to say he's taking me out for a coffee at lunch.
Thats made my morning a bit more bearable
By pinkysibbs
Watching my little boy get excited and dance to Bob the Builder was a definate smiley moment!
By MK Chris
foot-loose wrote:To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

As per usual, I was cut up by an Audi. About five minutes - I drove past him later getting up close and personal with the boys in blue. Result!

My mum had an incident like that once, I can't remember exactly what happened.

Two things are making me smile today: said attempt to get a house that I mentioned in the other thread, got our first viewing on Monday; and the fact that when my sister moved in with her boyfriend not long ago my exact words were 'I give her six months, they'll either have broken up, or she'll be up the duff, or both'. And I was right. The soppy cow better stop smoking otherwise I'll kill her.
By Nicola_Red
It's payday, I'm going to see the Rocky Horror Show after work and for the first time in aaaages I have the whole weekend off.
By MK Chris
Are you paid weekly or four-weekly then? I used to get paid four-weekly and hated it, it messes your Direct Debits right up.
By Ballbag
foot-loose wrote:To counteract the negativity that the "annoying you" thread will bring - whats making you smile today?

A few years back Mrs Ballbag and I were unfortunate to encounter a pillock in a BMW on some country road, cutting in and out of traffic, and generally driving like a loon at 100mph or so. He got up behind me and flashed me to pull over (despite there being no room), he kept flashing me, so I flicked him the bird. Eventually he bombed it past me nearly hitting someone coming the other way.

Anyway about 15 miles up the road we came across him again..... standing at the side of the road, with his knackered up beemer sideways in a ditch. He waved us down, so we slowed up as we neared him (as we were the only ones about by then). I opened the window and asked, "are you alright". He said "yeah I'm fine, but my car's a gonna".
I replied "serves you right" and wheelspun away....... once again flicking the bird.

I love karma.
By Nicola_Red
Topher wrote:Are you paid weekly or four-weekly then? I used to get paid four-weekly and hated it, it messes your Direct Debits right up.

four weekly. I've been working here just over six years and I've never really got accustomed to it. Much preferred weekly pay at Ticketmaster. Alas, the money there was rubbish, so it all evens out.

My housemate gets paid today too and from next month he's got a hoofing rise - now earning almost three times as much as me. let the good times begin! :D
By foot-loose
Topher wrote:Two things are making me smile today: said attempt to get a house that I mentioned in the other thread, got our first viewing on Monday; and the fact that when my sister moved in with her boyfriend not long ago my exact words were 'I give her six months, they'll either have broken up, or she'll be up the duff, or both'. And I was right. The soppy cow better stop smoking otherwise I'll kill her.

Which bit were you right about? I know your gonna be an uncle - are the two of them still together tho?

And do you want us to predict about you and Mrs Topher moving in? :lol:
By MK Chris
Bag for balls wrote:

A few years back Mrs Ballbag and I were unfortunate to encounter a pillock in a BMW on some country road, cutting in and out of traffic, and generally driving like a loon at 100mph or so. He got up behind me and flashed me to pull over (despite there being no room), he kept flashing me, so I flicked him the bird. Eventually he bombed it past me nearly hitting someone coming the other way.

Anyway about 15 miles up the road we came across him again..... standing at the side of the road, with his knackered up beemer sideways in a ditch. He waved us down, so we slowed up as we neared him (as we were the only ones about by then). I opened the window and asked, "are you alright". He said "yeah I'm fine, but my car's a gonna".
I replied "serves you right" and wheelspun away....... once again flicking the bird.

I love karma.

I was driving home round country roads the other night and some cretinous moron coming the other way was overtaking someone with no room whatsoever... I actually thought he was going to go head on into me and had to brake really hard. Unfortunately I don't know if he got the comeuppance that your BM man did, but it shook me up a bit.

nicola_red wrote:My housemate gets paid today too and from next month he's got a hoofing rise - now earning almost three times as much as me. let the good times begin! :D

That is a hell of a rise! Promotion?

foot-loose wrote:
Topher wrote:Two things are making me smile today: said attempt to get a house that I mentioned in the other thread, got our first viewing on Monday; and the fact that when my sister moved in with her boyfriend not long ago my exact words were 'I give her six months, they'll either have broken up, or she'll be up the duff, or both'. And I was right. The soppy cow better stop smoking otherwise I'll kill her.

Which bit were you right about? I know your gonna be an uncle - are the two of them still together tho?

I was only right about the one thing, but I do believe it won't be too long before they split up. Maybe longer now in light of the pregnancy. I could be wrong but I doubt it!

foot-loose wrote:And do you want us to predict about you and Mrs Topher moving in? :lol:

Ha that's completely different thank you very much! We've been together two and a half years and not rushed into anything for a start.
By Yudster
Topher wrote:Ha that's completely different thank you very much! We've been together two and a half years and not rushed into anything for a start.

Statistically, I don't think that puts you in a better position at all! Other things obviously do though.
By MK Chris
Yudster wrote:
Topher wrote:Ha that's completely different thank you very much! We've been together two and a half years and not rushed into anything for a start.

Statistically, I don't think that puts you in a better position at all! Other things obviously do though.

Like she is a stroppy cow and still acts like a teenager! I was supportive on the phone last night and she was being nice back, probably because she's a bit scared at the moment.
By Nicola_Red
Topher wrote:
nicola_red wrote:My housemate gets paid today too and from next month he's got a hoofing rise - now earning almost three times as much as me. let the good times begin! :D

Kind of. He works in IT in the city council and he's been taken on for 'disaster recovery' of their entire server system, which involves being on call 24hrs some of the time. Amazingly (I thought), he negotiated an impressive rise for the job. I'm expecting something shiny :D
By MK Chris
charlalottie wrote:Scared of what? You?

Scared of the whole situation I think. But good scared if you see what I mean. Not that I'm optimistic, I can't imagine her being a mum, which probably isn't the best sign.
By claradooblue
i still can't imagine myself as a mum and i've been one for nearly six years now. What's a "mum" supposed to be like?
By foot-loose
Yudster wrote:Statistically, I don't think that puts you in a better position at all! Other things obviously do though.

I heard the guy from The Weakest Link reading that.
By Zoot
foot-loose wrote:I heard the guy from The Weakest Link reading that.

Anne Robinson.

:D
By claradooblue
She would be an interesting mum.
By foot-loose
Zoot wrote:
foot-loose wrote:I heard the guy from The Weakest Link reading that.

Anne Robinson.

:D

Yes - that guy.

:wink: (thats meant to be Anne doing her characteristic irritating wink thingy)
By Yudster
pinkysibbs wrote:Watching my little boy get excited and dance to Bob the Builder was a definate smiley moment!

I had a smiley moment when I dropped my lad at nursery, and said "bye bye, I love you" and he replied "Yes, you do......" and toddled off to get his breakfast.
By Nicola_Red
Oh that reminded me. I talked to my best friend for the first time in a while last nite and he sent me a text telling me that I'm gorgeous and he loves me. That's still making me smile too.
By claradooblue
she classed herself as it didn't she. I think most mums view themselves to be "unfit" for mothering occasionally.
By Yudster
If you met my 18 year old thats definitely the category you would put me into! The others are still ok. For now.
By DemonHorse
nicola_red wrote:
Topher wrote:

Kind of. He works in IT in the city council and he's been taken on for 'disaster recovery' of their entire server system, which involves being on call 24hrs some of the time. Amazingly (I thought), he negotiated an impressive rise for the job. I'm expecting something shiny :D

ahh the type of job I want to go into eventually and the reason why in 1 post. :)
By MK Chris
Well, I say that is a hell of a rise - that's because I misread nicola_red's post; I thought she said 'he's got a hoofing rise - now earning almost three times as much as he was' for some reason. Seeing as I don't know how much he was on and how much you're on I can't really say whether it's a hell of a rise or not, but it sounds like it probably was.

Thank you both!!