The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By chrisjames
wireman2004 wrote:
chrisjames wrote:
wireman2004 wrote:i thought it was just grimmy that wasnt doing a zoo format on breakfast...

Well Ben Cooper said he wanted Chris to 'reinvent' himself which I take to mean he wants him to do a show on his own without an on air team

Any links to this. i've not seen it.

You remind me of someone from when i have a look at unofficial mills from time to time..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/ju ... ben-cooper
By Martyn B
Deadly wrote:Capital or any other successful station would be stupid to not at least offer a show to Chris and the team. Can't see any of them not working for the BBC but another radio station would be in a no lose situation by taking the Chris Moyles show.

Exactly. That is what I ment in the other thread, when I said that the show is more of a 'product', and has a cult following of 8m people, who wouldn't want that many listeners?!
By Nicola_Red
Deadly wrote:Capital or any other successful station would be stupid to not at least offer a show to Chris and the team. Can't see any of them not working for the BBC but another radio station would be in a no lose situation by taking the Chris Moyles show.

Aled has confirmed in Ask Aled that the team are going their separate ways.
By The Deadly
I seriously think Dave will go to 5 Live on a permanent basis after the show ends and like Travis said link back up with Chris in the future. I'd love Dom to stay with Chris but I get the feeling he'll stay as breakfast news reader.
By Yudster
Whether Dom stays as Breakfast news reader, or in any kind of role on R1 is in the lap of the gods - he is employed by The Chris Moyles Show, not by Radio 1. Any other work he has done on various R1 shows in the last few years has also been on that basis - he isn't a BBC employee anymore, he doesn't work for Newsbeat, BBC News, Radio 1 - or anyone.

I hope we don't lose him from R1 but you have to accept that it is a distinct possibility.
By Tico987
It's sad if the team are indeed going to go their seperate ways. They all bounce off each other and you do notice when one of Dom/Dave/Aled/Tina aren't there. Chris is amazing at what he does, but half of the fun of the show is the interactivity with each other and the piss taking. It'd take a while to get used to Chris doing a show on his own, but I'm sure he'd nail it.

Doesn't stop me from wanting him to keep most if not all of the team together on whatever show they do next.
By Nicola_Red
After the arguments it's led to in the past, I don't think speculating about the team's salaries - especially when it concerns Dave - is a good idea!
By dimtimjim
I think Dave was on about £3,000 - £4,000 per show for tCMS*.

* I may have made this up to suck in gullible people and amuse myself.
By Yudster
ChrisBoyles wrote:Free, open speculative discussion is allowed for impartial discussion fora ?

Yes it is, but we try to remain respectful of the objects of that discussion, and speculating about what people may or may not get paid, when we are in absolutely no position to have any kind of informed opinion on the subject, can easily become disrespectful. If you add to that the fact that we are occasionally reminded on here that our discussions do have an effect on the people we are talking about (some more than others), you will hopefully understand why its not something we encourage.
By Johnny 1989
wireman2004 wrote:Image

Found it

2004 it was Nic

I love the "review quote" (If that's the right term) on the front of that cover "Simply the best football video around" - Marc Riley :D
By Hawkeye448
BBCs heaving with news readers/presenters. Fail to see why Dom can be part of that brat pack.

Dave, born to be a sidekick? Well, we shall see.
By MrAndee
I don't know if this means anything, but Dom blurted out "..When I leave Radio One.." during the Chicken chat. This either means Dom isn't part of Chris' future radio plans , or it will be on a different station.
By neilt0
MrAndee wrote:I don't know if this means anything, but Dom blurted out "..When I leave Radio One.." during the Chicken chat. This either means Dom isn't part of Chris' future radio plans , or it will be on a different station.

Dom and Dave are freelance -- they are not BBC employees, as opposed to Tina and Aled, who I believe are.

This means Dave and Dom can do stuff for ITV (Wobbling on Ice, Jesus Christ, Not Another Search For a Mediocre Musical Staff Member), but it also means once the show ends, BBC/Radio 1 won't be employing them/paying them unless they get another job at the station.
By northernsteve
I suspect the whole think about Dom being unemployed when the show finishes is a bit of an act - he's not stupid and wouldn't have taken the decision to go freelance and give up the security of being a BBC employee without knowing what he was doing and knowing that the show was on borrowed time (it was about the time Chris became the longest serving Breakfast host - Dom would know that the length of time the show had been running was exceptional as it was, and it was likely to end soon).

I'm sure he has something up his sleeve or has made sure that his family's circumstances allow him to have a career break.

Has anything been said about the future of the OddBox?
By neilt0
I didn't say Dom would be unemployed when the show finishes, I said Radio 1 wouldn't be paying him.

Of course it's a bit that he will have no income after TCMS ends. After all, what man buys a chicken coop with no money to pay for it? Crazy talk!

Dom has voiceover work, Odd Box and also Dom's Presenter University. I'm sure he'll be able to secure other work as well. I was thinking when they were talking about the chickens that he's probably also socked away a bit of cash for a rainy day. He and Dave are quick to deny being tight-fisted, but they rarely splash out. The chicken and mid-life-crisis-bike-buying are anomalies...

Shows are up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]