The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By rustybike
I hated today's show!! What the hell has happened? I really hope it's not going to be like this from now on, because if it is, I'm afraid I'm going to have to listen to my iPod in the mornings which is a shame as I don't like music in the mornings; I like chat! See, if I wanted to listen to a load of music, I'd tune into the Chart Show on Sundays or listen to my iPod! But because I don't want to listen to music, especially in the mornings I tune into Chris instead, but I think I might have to change that if the show continues to reduce in quality.

I'm only ASSUMING that the reason for the influx of songs was because Chris got a bollocking from up above for the lack of songs he plays in the mornings. Maybe I'm wrong... but I really hope this isn't going to be a permanent thing because it's absolute rubbish!!!!

To add to this, my journey to work has now been ruined, which means that I am now in a bad mood. I really wouldn't have minded so much if the music he played was decent, but it wasn't. That too was cack! Plus, because of the stupid amount of songs having to be played I didn't get to hear the remix of TV tunes because I had arrived at work and couldn't be arsed to sit and wait in the car for 6 minutes, through 2 shitty songs to listen to it!!

So please Chris, if you're reading this*. Go back to how you were. You got millions of listeners through doing the show the way YOU do it, NOT how other people want you to do it. Please don't change it!!

*Please don't slate me for saying that, this is going to be the only time I'll ever write a post hoping for Chris to read it.
Last edited by rustybike on Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Vivienne
Has anyone else noticed that numbers are being placed in front of tracks being played? I just noticed this for the first time this morning, just before Madonna's new song, when the recorded voice said "3".

Is there a reason for this? I didn't get my ears on it (get the joke?) until this morning. :-)
By rustybike
Oh Viv, I thought the reason was pretty obvious to be honest.

The impression I got was that Chris has been told to play more songs, in this case every 20 minutes, and it looks like he's adding a number infront of every song now to show how many songs he's played since 6:30.
By Yudster
I like the sarcasm with which it's being done. But I want it to stop nonetheless.
By Vivienne
Obvious (or not), if I don't know the reason, I shall ask. Thanx for the info. anyhow. Interesting, yet somehow I imagine this is gonna annoy the Hell out of Chris!!

Laters. Time for work !!
By Yudster
It's annoyed the hell out of me too.
By rustybike
Yudster wrote:It's annoyed the hell out of me too.

Ditto!!
By Andy B
Just because I got up late and only heard the show from tedious link doesn't mean I'm gonna miss up a great chance to add...

Tritto!
By Vivienne
There's also the BB is watching aspect, which I don't feel Chris should have to put up with.
By Vivienne
Ok then, carrots!! BB is listening.

Seriously though, I think it's out-of-order to do this to the top guy.
By rustybike
Exactly.

He's got millions of listeners doing the show his way - why should he have to change it now? Yes, it may not go along side "the rules" but so what? Surely it's all about the listeners?
By rustybike
MC wrote:I thought the show was brilliant today.

Vivienne wrote:I did too.

WHAT?!?! How did either of you think the show was good? Any decent conversation that lasted longer than 20 minutes was rudely cut short for another song, the team didn't seem as relaxed as normal and to top it all off the songs played were all shitty chart ones!

I hated it.
By Vivienne
Ok, the conversation being cut off was annoying, but then it was resumed again! I can't see this numbers thing lasting somehow.
By rustybike
Vivienne wrote:Ok, the conversation being cut off was annoying, but then it was resumed again! I can't see this numbers thing lasting somehow.

But it didn't though, for instance, the treadmill conversation. They were talking about it one minute and then it was cut short. They then came back after a song and started a whole new one, it was very irritating and not at all relaxed. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no interest in Chris's bleeding nipples while he's running, but it would be nice if the conversation wasn't just cut short like that. You wouldn't just stop a conversation in person.
By TIAL
Just listening to this now - can't say I'm a fan to be honest, the talking seems really unnatural today and Chris is clearly pissed off about being told to play more songs. He might be making things unnessecarily akward on purpose - but let's hope they go back to the old format soon! :(
By rustybike
Vivienne wrote:
rustybike wrote:You wouldn't just stop a conversation in person.
I would.

What? Just instantly interupting like they were this morning?
By Yudster
TIAL wrote: He might be making things unnessecarily akward on purpose

.........You think??!! :D
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up