The place where everyone hangs out, chats, gossips, and argues
By JayE
neilt0 wrote:I still read and write posts here, but I made a subreddit for Chris to talk about this new show and all the news that's bubbling up! https://www.reddit.com/r/ChrisMoyles/

Nice one! Subscribed. I've been using reddit a lot over the past year.

I also believe this is happening completely. Jon Holmes made subtle jokes about it all morning but he didn't once dispute it or mention Chris' name at all. He's also changed his Twitter bio to "Current Xfm B'fast show merkin". Chris' silence about the whole thing is telling too. Last time a false story about him came out he immediately tweeted that it wasn't true.

Dunno maybe I'm reading too much into it.
By James H
neilt0 wrote:If the subreddit gets popular, I may tap some of you peeps to be moderators!

No problem :) I don't mind doing some work on a subreddit styling if needs be, I do web stuff for a living :)
By Fledge
Very exciting - seems like this is going to happen, given the press coverage and lack of denial from Chris.

Desperately hoping for a surprised reconciliation with Dave. I've been listening to the replays recently, and they just work together so well - it really is outstanding radio. I think it's unlikely, but you never know.
By Topher
James H wrote:
Topher wrote:
James H wrote:If this is true then I need to buy a DAB module for my car stereo...

Me too. What's DAB signal like for cars these days?

I've got one in my weekend car and I can pick up XFM pretty well, the only problem is you need a separate aerial, standard FM aerials aren't much cop with DAB.

Hmm, ta - I only ask because I go back roads to work to avoid the traffic and most of my journey the phone signal is GPRS, so it'll be interesting to see if I can pick it up. Are the aerials easy to fit? Do they look odd with two aerials?
By James H
Topher wrote:Hmm, ta - I only ask because I go back roads to work to avoid the traffic and most of my journey the phone signal is GPRS, so it'll be interesting to see if I can pick it up. Are the aerials easy to fit? Do they look odd with two aerials?

Mine's just magnetic, it sticks to the roof of the car. Hasn't damaged the paintwork... Yet!

You can just about see it on the left of the roofbox in this picture: http://i.imgur.com/rZfIA5e.jpg
By ritchie
The momentum is strong with this one...

But.

XFM? - I know nothing about it, is it national/london/digital/internet radio? Is it tin-pot adverts every 20 mins?

The amount Moyles used to slate local/commercial radio makes me doubt this - a lot!

Hope it's true...
By Topher
The fact he's not rushing to deny it on Twitter I think lends credence to it being true.
The RadioToday article mentioned that XFM could end up on SiriusXM satellite radio here in the US come September. Moyles showing back up on SiriusXM could definitely motivate me to re-subscribe to the service.
By hdsport82
ritchie wrote:XFM? - I know nothing about it, is it national/london/digital/internet radio? Is it tin-pot adverts every 20 mins?

There are 3 FM stations London/Manchester/Scotland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFM

It's about to go national (via Digital 1) on DAB (currently on various local multiplexes giving effective national coverage) part of Global's strategy for national brands i.e. Heart and Capital. LBC went national last year as well.

I'm assuming the national simulcast will continue to be the London one and the other FM stations won't have Chris (or whoever) at breakfast they will still need to have 'local' breakfast and drivetime shows as they do now whilst networking the rest of the time. Unless they can convince OFCOM to change the rules.
By fish heads
hdsport82 wrote:I'm assuming the national simulcast will continue to be the London one and the other FM stations won't have Chris (or whoever) at breakfast they will still need to have 'local' breakfast and drivetime shows as they do now whilst networking the rest of the time. Unless they can convince OFCOM to change the rules.

As I posted earlier, I believe there will be an "XFM 2" that will carry Moyles nationally on DAB in areas that already have a local Xfm that isn't the London one (so Manchester and Scotland), or maybe even just dub it XFM London alongside their local DAB offering
I really don't want to beleive this until it's offically announced / denied. But....

ianpwilliams: If you could upload an un-edited version aswell, I would be appretiative.

I think an entire new team would work better (New station, New show, New team). There will be people who did'nt like Chris from the radio 1 era. If he starts from scratch then the nation can listen with fresh ears. Though I always liked Dom, he can join. :)
By DarroM
slaphead1982 wrote:I really don't want to beleive this until it's offically announced / denied. But....

ianpwilliams: If you could upload an un-edited version aswell, I would be appretiative.

I think an entire new team would work better (New station, New show, New team). There will be people who did'nt like Chris from the radio 1 era. If he starts from scratch then the nation can listen with fresh ears. Though I always liked Dom, he can join. :)

Dominic is the only one in that team who never annoyed me from when I started listening to it from 2009 to going back and listening to the older shows and I'm close to when I started listening now. I really hope Dom is apart of it since he was my favourite member of the team. If thaf happens, I'll be satisfied!
geez. never thought id be posting on here again. but here goes.

im a little confused.

I have a dab radio for my alarm. so I assume I will be able to get chris.on that whem I wake up in the morning.

what about my car.

I have xfm in my car. but I assume it is only local and thus only the Manchester xfm.

what are the rules for broadcasting nationally???

will chris be able to go national on all xfm frequencys. thus me not needing too spend the 300 quid (it may sound expensive. but I want it done properly) to get dab radio put on my car.

or will it be for example. like heart. where I get joel and lorna. (off of jk and joel) for breakfast. (they I believe are working the Manchester heart. but can not get jk and lucy on drive who I believe are working london.

speculation. doms works for rhe same network as has been covered. dave we all know may never happen again. I didn't know aled had left the surgery. and from what it sounded like. was given a new department with beccy off of scott mills as they had nothing for them. aled with the demise of the cms and beccy with her illness.
people speculating pippa to produce chris show. intresting. if xfm have money too burn offer aled and beccy big money to produce him and vernon (if what a previous poster has eluded too is also true.)
rachel was promoted to executive producer of weekend at r1. so that would count her out.
wheres finchem??? ive not heard alot of the breakfast show. but he seemed too chip in a bit? ??
what I can gather. if people are positioned too move or be poached. the new xfn show would look something like this
chris. dom. aled (pending what he is upto) pippa (if rumors on here are to be believed.)
whats carrie upto nowadays. maybe a reunion as sport princess. that just either leaves a new sidekick. or dom to be the new sidekick with a new newsreader. or chris on his own in essence just bringing everyone in when needed

PROBLEM. unless xfm intend to go national on fm. would chris effectively do local radio with national dab. (short term local to long term dab if the rumors are to be believed (my local car audio shop confirmed that fm frequencies are being turned down for a possible 2017 switchover)

on a final note. it will be fantastic to have chris and whatever team he assembles back on the radio. but listening back to the old shows. but I know it wont happen. but ill miss the cheesy song. and cpc. and beep beep busters.

celebrity tarzan and throwing sugar lumps at the studio clock to return anyone???
By hdsport82
wireman2004 wrote:geez. never thought id be posting on here again. but here goes.

im a little confused.

I have a dab radio for my alarm. so I assume I will be able to get chris.on that whem I wake up in the morning.

what about my car.

I have xfm in my car. but I assume it is only local and thus only the Manchester xfm.

what are the rules for broadcasting nationally???

will chris be able to go national on all xfm frequencys. thus me not needing too spend the 300 quid (it may sound expensive. but I want it done properly) to get dab radio put on my car.

or will it be for example. like heart. where I get joel and lorna. (off of jk and joel) for breakfast. (they I believe are working the Manchester heart. but can not get jk and lucy on drive who I believe are working london.
PROBLEM. unless xfm intend to go national on fm. would chris effectively do local radio with national dab. (short term local to long term dab if the rumors are to be believed (my local car audio shop confirmed that fm frequencies are being turned down for a possible 2017 switchover)

On FM it will be the the local breakfast unless there is some sort of change of the OFCOM rules. There needs to be 7/10 hours each weekeday of locally produced content and breakfast is part of that requriement.

http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/broadc ... guidelines

There is almost no chance of it going national on FM there isn't the frequency space available. There's not date currently for switchover, although I guess we may have to see if there is any change now we've had the election.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/d ... -ed-vaizey
Yeah Dom was my favourite too. I'd love if it Carrie came back but I reckon that's definitely zero chance. Really want Aled there though. As for Dave, he didn't annoy me when the show was running. But listening to the archive he does a bit. He was always doing the double entendre thing too much. And who doesn't like films just because they are long, or black and white, or foreign, or subtitled, or in space, and don't have car chases?! So yeah, not bothered if he comes back.
slaphead1982 wrote:I really don't want to beleive this until it's offically announced / denied. But....

I don't see uploading the full show as well as an edited one to be too much hassle. At least that would cover both options for people who don't have DAB radios etc.
By Nicola_Red
Well, I just logged on for the first time in weeks and there were a bunch of posts waiting for moderator approval, so I guess we've all been awol for a while!

I dunno what I feel about all this. I wouldn't be able to listen en route to work as I don't have a portable digital radio, and on FM here we get XFM Manchester. Part of me would love to hear Chris back on the radio, part of me thinks maybe it's all in the past and best left there. My life is so different now to when the show ended - I'm married, living in a different place and working a different job - I feel like I've left the show behind with my old life. I am still fiercely proud of this site and all the work we did on the sound vault, but...I dunno. Maybe if I hear his show I would change my mind and be right back on board...we'll see. So many feels.
By DC
Saw this come up on my Media UK email a few days back. It will be brilliant to hear Chris back on the air, on any station in my opinion. Haven't listened to XFM before so would be a totally new experience.

It'll also be yet another reason to justify getting a DAB in my new car. Radio in the West Midlands has decreased badly. I used to listen Kerrang until it left 105.2. I hardly go near Radio 1 now apart from Scott Mills from time to time, Grimmy is awful - Radio for 13 year olds. And the less said about Capital, Heart & Free Radio the better.

Also with Mark Radcliffe & Stuart Maconie on 6 Music, it makes even more sense for me to make the switch.
Nicola_Red wrote:Part of me would love to hear Chris back on the radio, part of me thinks maybe it's all in the past and best left there.

That's the same for me. I'll listen to the new show with an open mind and give it a chance, but if it doesn't work out I'll still have good memories of the peak Radio 1 years and that will do me.
ianpwilliams wrote:I don't see uploading the full show as well as an edited one to be too much hassle. At least that would cover both options for people who don't have DAB radios etc.

Thankyou Sir.

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]