Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
Ok, an update for those of you who'll give a feck... (prob not many!)

I have changed job, again. Been in my new job now for a year. Working in Market Harborough. Still doing Architectural work - so let me know if you want an extension doing!

Have bought a new house - 4 bed detached brand new build. House was completed in Jan, we moved in in May.

But, my biggest news....

Mrs DTJ (some of you know Mrs DTJ got 'upgraded' 18 months ago, long story) is in da puddin' club! :D That's right, I did it - smashed it good time! :wink:

She is now 7 months, due Dec 3rd..! So excited! Got most stuff ready, nursery is all set up and waiting...

Beyond that, children 1 and 2 are both doin' fine. E is in year 9 now at school, doing very well. D has just moved up to 'big school' and is enjoying the change - other than his new volumes of homework!!

Not much beyond that. No longer own a motorbike (house purchase), but hoping that'll only be a temp thing...

Umm... S'all.

Pleased to hear how some of you have been getting on. Pleased to see the poor jokes still float about!
DevilsDuck wrote:Mrs Duck had another baby and I got a new job...other than that...not much has changed!

Yay! Well done Ducky! x x
chrysostom wrote:I don't really want to go into too much detail publicly but I've had a pretty awful year, which went extremely downhill after the end of my relationship in January (we're still friends). Compounded by surgery on an abscess in June that's has a series of complications since, so I'm constantly in pain.

HOW ABOUT THAT FOR KEEPING IT LIGHT? Moving on.

I've got a new job as a Social Media Manager (don't roll your eyes) at my previous workplace's main competitor (have that). I've also got incredibly into stand-up comedy and try to go most weeks, which is easy and quite cheap in London. I lost around 7 stone since 2013 too, so at least that's something to talk about from my otherwise unremarkable time.

Sorry to hear about ya troubles, but yay to the 7 stone loss - well done you.
Topher wrote:Well, as of today we have a school child...

Really?!! Well done to you n Cat - how time flies!! Really pleased for you both.
I'm still in the same job, although now full time and pushed up a grade due to my boss getting the boot. Also work across 2 schools now as our IT departments have merged.

I also now live with my girlfriend, and we have a beautiful daughter (see above, although that was quite a few months ago) who will be 1 next month. Who'da thought it?!

Listening to Moyles in the morning feels like the old times, although it's a shame he hasn't reconciled with Dave.

Peace out.
By flyingbadger
dimtimjim wrote:Ok, an update for those of you who'll give a feck... (prob not many!)

I have changed job, again. Been in my new job now for a year. Working in Market Harborough. Still doing Architectural work - so let me know if you want an extension doing!

Have bought a new house - 4 bed detached brand new build. House was completed in Jan, we moved in in May.

But, my biggest news....

Mrs DTJ (some of you know Mrs DTJ got 'upgraded' 18 months ago, long story) is in da puddin' club! :D That's right, I did it - smashed it good time! :wink:

She is now 7 months, due Dec 3rd..! So excited! Got most stuff ready, nursery is all set up and waiting...

Beyond that, children 1 and 2 are both doin' fine. E is in year 9 now at school, doing very well. D has just moved up to 'big school' and is enjoying the change - other than his new volumes of homework!!

Not much beyond that. No longer own a motorbike (house purchase), but hoping that'll only be a temp thing...

Umm... S'all.

Pleased to hear how some of you have been getting on. Pleased to see the poor jokes still float about!

Your old balls still work!?!
EPIC.

Congrats buddy.
Yah man - it may look like congealed semolina (just made myself 'ew'!), but still doing the job!

Cheers Badger! 8)
dimtimjim wrote:Yah man - it may look like congealed semolina (just made myself 'ew'!), but still doing the job!

Cheers Badger! 8)

Well there's a sentence I was not expecting to read. Ew'd a little myself.
Bravo good sir.
Just going back to my new news further up this thread - its TOMORROW!

We're having a wee-baby, tomorrow! 8O Scared and excited in equal measure.

Hope I can get Radio X in the hospital..! :wink:
dimtimjim wrote:Just going back to my new news further up this thread - its TOMORROW!

We're having a wee-baby, tomorrow! 8O Scared and excited in equal measure.

Hope I can get Radio X in the hospital..! :wink:

Enjoy your last night of sleep :D
Congratulations DimTimJim, that seems early to be being induced, which I assume she is as you know the baby is going to be born tomorrow (well, today)? Hope everything's okay.
Jan 2013- Moved into rented flat in centre of Manchester
March 2013 - New job working the best people ever and I miss it
June 2014 - Was going to leave job but changed mind and stayed
Dec 2014 - Moved home due to family illness
March 2015 - Quit job (3 months notice)
June 2015 - Moved to Melbourne & love it
Dec 2015 - Home for 3 weeks for visit

Radio wise, I pretty much turned off other than sports coverage on 5Live and bits of Coxy before she left R1 (and radio at work where I had no control over)
Topher wrote:Congratulations DimTimJim, that seems early to be being induced, which I assume she is as you know the baby is going to be born tomorrow (well, today)? Hope everything's okay.

The wee-man was born by C-Section, Toph (hence knowing the exact date). Mrs DTJ had a section with Jnr No1, and after speaking to the consultant, it seemed logical to do the same again (reduce any risks).

So, little DTJ arrived at 11:03 and was 7lb12 and both he and mother are doing VERY well. Usual troubles with having a new born, but overall he is a very happy and content little baby. I'm back at work now (my 2 weeks paternity flew by!) so am missing the wee-boy loads, but hey-ho; nowt I can do about it. On the plus side, only 2 weeks to go before I get another nice holiday to be at home with all family. Yay.

Overall, I'm a quite tired, but very happy DimTim. :D
Congratulations sir, good news. Glad all is well.

Hope you didn't do what I did with my sister and go into a ward full of people who've just had C-sections (without realising it was a ward specifically for that) and joke about her having done it the easy way... that did not go down well.
Ha! No, I didn't. But, well done you!

Although, the easy way? True, no labour to endure and no risk of 'damage' to the downstairs zone, but... all usual risks associated with major surgery, far extended recovery period with greatly reduced mobility, guaranteed multiple day hospital stay afterwards, unsightly scar for life and mega-bruising for at least a week afterwards, unable to drive for 6 weeks... not sure I'd describe it as the 'easy' way..! :D

If anything, being in hospital for a few days on a multi-bed ward, only made me grateful for how well the little man was doing. Listening to some of the other mothers who came n went, some of the seemingly simple things that they were having issues with; made me appreciate how easy we were having it. Sure, being able to feed, piss and $hit may not sound like a complex 'to do' list, but amazing how many babies struggle with one, or more of that shortlist. Wee-man was only out of mummy for 10 seconds before he was pi$$ing - all over the theatre and the staff! Yay!
Well no... I wouldn't now, but I was younger and also at the time I don't think I realised it was major surgery.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]