Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Yudster
I actually haven't had chips for years. Honest, properly years.
By swaddon1903
I've not had chips from a chip shop for years.

I sometimes get Micro Chips, but they're a rip-off. You only get about six of them in a box.
By MadTheEddos
Comedy John wrote:Cilla Black died yesterday aged 72.

BBC4 are showing a tribute to her now, been watching some of it. She really was a pretty good singer. While I was always aware of her singing career, one way or another I'd always overlooked it, and the amount and diversity of singing she did.
By Yudster
Sad new, the man was Omni-present at the BBC for so long, he was a genuine institution. Foot Loose, you ok?!
By MadTheEddos
Just last week I came across a copy of his autobiography and had a read of it. He's the kind of person it's hard to imagine ever dying, and that's probably what makes this particularly sad.
As much as I loved Moyles' jokes about him when they were both doing Breakfast, I thought he was a great guy too.
The tribute to him on BBC News just now hit the nail on the head - he came across more to the listener as being like a friend.

RIP. :(

January 2016 has been a bad month for losing legends.
By Yudster
Moyles' Twitter tribute indicates that they were friends. Even if they weren't, Moyles knows how much he (and everyone else on the radio) owes Wogan. I was never the biggest fan of his breakfast show format but his class as a broadcaster was obvious and he was hilarious.
By James H
Terribly sad news, January 2016 has been a bit of a bummer really :(

Chris' longer Facebook post really got me in the feels too:

By bmstinton93
Very sad news, as much as I never really listened as he obvious clashed with Moyles he was a talent and I've heard his Janet and John stuff which was very funny!

Not to take anything away from the sad occasion, but watching the the news yesterday they had all his TOGS on talking about how great he was and there was a couple on there who had got together because of him. Made me wonder, could that be Cat and Topher in 40 years time?!
By Topher
Trigger wrote:Jeremy Thompson, off've Sky News and suchlike. I'd say he's about as close to Tel as you could get, he's a narrowcaster. I like his style, also has that ability to present events in a calming way. Which is evermore needed in a mad world. Wogan lives on there, at least.

What?

bmstinton93 wrote:Made me wonder, could that be Cat and Topher in 40 years time?!

I'll be dead by then.

It is very sad - I liked this story from someone who worked on Buzzcocks:

By TPullen21
Topher wrote:
It is very sad - I liked this story from someone who worked on Buzzcocks:

Very good episode, that man could present anything, it also has a fair few references to Bowie which I guess is rather apt.
By Trigger
Topher wrote:
Trigger wrote:Jeremy Thompson, off've Sky News and suchlike. I'd say he's about as close to Tel as you could get, he's a narrowcaster. I like his style, also has that ability to present events in a calming way. Which is evermore needed in a mad world. Wogan lives on there, at least.

What?

Alright Dave?
By slaphead1982
I can't say I was a fan. He was just there. A part of my childhood and a part of British Television culture has now departed or realm. Rest in peace Mr. Daniels.
By Trigger
It's funny the rubbish that stays in your head though, which made me realise there's a difference between memory and sound vault. Not everything I remember gets clipped.

A really random feature came back to me and it was called 'Impress Paul Daniels'. Chris always liked to do these pilot shows, the first I remember was Celeb Hide and Seek and * and Pullit. This it seems was no exception, and I remember Chris singing it too. 'Impress Paul Daniels...Impress Paul Daniels'. Probably followed by his impression of his dry north east accent. Or maybe I've just gone mad? There must be a special area of my brain designated to silly Moyles crap, that and Bo Selecta probably.
By Trigger
Must...Have...Word...With...Reaper. #OutOfOrder

Victoria Wood, I've no idea if Chris mentioned her when he just went live on Facebook. She did the Bake off with him and by the looks of it was the only one who took him at face value and actually got on with him. A real national treasure. RIP
By G-Sizzle
Former WWE women's wrestler Chyna died last night. I kinda grew up wanting to be beat up her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk