Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By dimtimjim
Misfit wrote:I get the feeling thats the nicest thing badger could come up with!

Yeah, but such a tender lover...

Nicola_Red wrote:Well, I'll be 40, getting married in Scotland, in winter, by a vicar, and with my father, brother and uncle in attendance. So yeah, I'm thinking maybe not.

I fail to understand your objections...! :D
flyingbadger wrote:In Scotland?!? Yer mad!!!
No being nosy but roughly whereabouts?
If near my neck of the woods would love to come chuck some vegan rice at you.

Gretna Green :)
Nicola_Red wrote:Gretna Green :)

Lovely, that's where I got married.
At the Mill something or another.
Sure you'll have a great day.
2hrs drive from me though so you don't need to worry about a run by ricing.

Misfit wrote:I get the feeling thats the nicest thing badger could come up with!

Looool'd. Very good wee * baws.

dimtimjim wrote:
Yeah, but such a tender lover...

I do love to tenderise my meat :?
By Nicola_Red
Ah, that's a shame. Yeah, we're getting married at the Blacksmith's Shop. Looks very cute, and so much history.
By dimtimjim
flyingbadger wrote: Lovely, that's where I got married.

Aaah, see how he remembers his special day...

flyingbadger wrote: At the Mill something or another.

Oh. Not THAT memorable then..! :wink:
Last edited by dimtimjim on Tue May 27, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
It really is lovely, isn't it? :) I actually think it's the Mill Forge, which is apparently a 5min drive from our venue. I know of it cos we're looking into having a meal there afterwards, as the restaurant at our hotel, which is right next to the Blacksmiths, is a bit posh/expensive/vegan-unfriendly for our party.
By dimtimjim
I concur. Looks lovely place. but them as does your place.

Uck, whats wrong with me?!!! Commenting on wedding venues... I've changed. :?
Haha, me too! I only replied on this thread again as Boboff had posted bumping it up to ask how it was going. I'm a member of a wedding forum, where I can talk/read about these things with other interested parties and not bother people who don't really care about bouquet charms or the cost of registrars :)
By dimtimjim
Nicola_Red wrote: as Boboff had posted bumping it up to ask how it was going.

Yeah, he prob had to go for a lay down after that uncharacteristic moment..! :D
I actually welled up reading through the ceremony wording this morning. Such a MASSIVE WUSS.
By Nicola_Red
I now have a dressmaker and some fabric. Waiting for my mock-up dress to arrive in the post. Just in case anyone still cares :)
By Nicola_Red
We haven't planned a reception yet, so no cake news at the moment. When we're back I guess we will - but financially I can only deal with one thing at a time, and I still have accessories, bouquet, rings and various makeup items I need to pay for - not to mention the hotel on the day! And Christmas is right in the way of my planning time. So inconveient.
By dimtimjim
Hmmm... I'm still shocking myself slightly with my new-found interest in this general subject. They are, overall, ruddy expensive. Even a bloody evening do at a hotel is knocking on £3000..! Although, your money goes waaaay further as soon as you leave the UK, I've noticed. That same £3000 gets you a feck of a lot of a wedding in Spain.

Just need to find a spare few £,000 now - anyone know the going rate for a kidney..! :wink:
The Deadly wrote:You don't need to spend money on any of that. Just run off and get married on the cheap. No fuss.

We ARE getting married on the cheap - spending around £2.5k total (ceremony, venue and minister fees, petrol there and back, two nights in a hotel, outfits, rings, a bouquet and a meal afterwards). You can get married in your jeans and T shirt with no flowers if you want, but you do need a venue, officiant and rings at the very least. There are people on the forum I use spending £30k+, and the average seems to be £10-15k.
Don't say that :) When we can afford a party, there WILL be a cake. We did consider ordering a cake from The Vegan Cakery to be delivered to the hotel, just so we can stuff ourselves the next morning along with our champagne breakfast...but I'll probably end up carrying Mr Red home in a diabetic coma.
Nicola_Red wrote:We did consider ordering a cake from The Vegan Cakery

You must watch this.

By dimtimjim
3 nights accommodation (standard double/family rooms for all guests and a bridal suite Inc Jacuzzi for the 'appy couple) in a 5* Spa/Golf resort in Southern Spain for 37 people including a slap-up meal on the Saturday night...

£2,831.
By Nicola_Red
Sounds pretty bargainous. One of the women I know via the wedding forum is getting married in Spain, but the ceremony isn't legal for some reason so they have to go to a registry office here and get legally married first. A surprising number of people are doing something like that - mainly cos they want humanist or handfasting type weddings. All sounds like a lot of hippy nonsense to me :)
By dimtimjim
Yeah, price quoted above is for what it says its for - NOT a Spanish 'wedding' ceremony (as you're right, they're not valid, except in certain places). So would need a registry office wedding on top of that, approx £140.