Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
Thanks Badger!

Yeah, I think I'd have lost even more recently, but I seem to be drinking a lot these last few weeks, which I know won't be helping... *hic*
Ha.

Today was a bit of a killer though... felt like I was in a Deadly Chase.

That might be a thinly veiled code for something completely unrelated. Maybe
Missed Deadly on The Chase - although know my Ma will have seen it...

Lost another 2Lbs - great.

Although, 'Boys weekend on the Boat' this weekend, lots of nice food (curry, BBQ etc) and beer - will no doubt put it all back on again! :?
dimtimjim wrote:Missed Deadly on The Chase - although know my Ma will have seen it...

I have it on series link anyway, I love watching it.

dimtimjim wrote:Lost another 2Lbs - great.

Good stuff sir, well done.

dimtimjim wrote:Although, 'Boys weekend on the Boat' this weekend, lots of nice food (curry, BBQ etc) and beer - will no doubt put it all back on again! :?

Sounds like a laugh - anchor the boat a mile from the shore and swim in, that'll burn it all off for you.
ha! We're on my friends parents Canal boat, so any swim to shore would be minimal (unless something has really gone wrong!). Weekend of the relaxing life, taking a day and a half to do the same distance you can do in a car in 20 minutes...! (heading North through Loughborough towards Nottingham, but won't get as far as Notts).
Oh no my dad lives on one of those - I'm sure you'll have great fun, but it's not for me... anything that is not walking that takes longer than it would to walk irritates me intensely, I just end up thinking of all the more useful things I could be doing with my time. Also it's basically living in a corridor. Having said that, some people (nutcases) love it!
Topher wrote:Oh no my dad lives on one of those - I'm sure you'll have great fun, but it's not for me... anything that is not walking that takes longer than it would to walk irritates me intensely, I just end up thinking of all the more useful things I could be doing with my time. Also it's basically living in a corridor. Having said that, some people (nutcases) love it!

Oh no mate, I couldn't spend too long on one, but for an annual boozy weekend with the boys, it's perfect. Get the beers out (with breakfast!), get some music on and just relax. Sometimes get an inflatable kayak out for a blast, or stop n do some fishsing. S'nice relaxing weekend, the 'going no-where fast' is all part of the appeal. Hope the weather hold out...

The Deadly wrote:I THOUGHT ID ESCAPED IT!!!!!!!!

Nope. :wink:

Haha - nope! In fairness, your cash builder wasn't awful, but your Chase was - nerves, whatever, I dunno but at least you went on and tried, which is more than I'd do. One thing I definitely don't think I'd have done I don't think is agree with him when he said "you're a better player than that!" - purely because of the potential for what actually transpired.
Topher wrote:

Haha - nope! In fairness, your cash builder wasn't awful, but your Chase was - nerves, whatever, I dunno but at least you went on and tried, which is more than I'd do. One thing I definitely don't think I'd have done I don't think is agree with him when he said "you're a better player than that!" - purely because of the potential for what actually transpired.

Sounds intriguing!
Hmmm... My weekend of mucho-beero has resulted in 6 Lbs being added..! :cry:

Such a naughty boy. Back on it today!

Was a ruddy good weekend, though.
Ha, I added a pound... bit pissed off today, set the treadmill to 11kph, and I couldn't hack it, I had to turn it down a bit when I got just over half way and then actually had overdone it by then and only managed 4K... at least I know my limit for the moment, I'll stick back to 10kph for the time being and speed it up with 2km to go next time and see how I get on with that.
From what your describing Toph, sounds like you were just suffering from a muscular 'off day' - very common, and caused by various things. I'd not let it get you down and try the 11kph again next chance you get. Either way, 4km is way better than you were achieving x amount of weeks ago. Kudos. Stud. :D
Maybe - maybe I'd got out of the routine slightly - my Grandpa died last Monday and so I've not really had chance to go more than once, perhaps I should have gone a bit easier.
Ah it's okay... I guess this is the wrong thread for it, but it was very sudden... I think, as dying goes, it's probably the best way to go, not knowing anything about it, not suffering and being in the place he loves the most (his garden). He was really good at handiwork and when they moved to that house, he put up a shed / dog run (not flat pack - bought the wood and built it) and since the dogs died, he was pulling it down again an hour at a time - he was crippled with athritis and walked with two sticks but no one could stop him going down and spending an hour a day in his chair taking this shed to bits... anyway, that's what he was doing and he was stood up and suddenly said "I don't feel too well", so my Nana sat him down and he started shaking, his head dropped and that was it. He was 80, so still relatively old even for these days and he's not in any pain with his joints any more - it's just that it would have been nice to say goodbye first, but I guess that's the selfish point of view, given that having some warning would almost certainly have meant he had suffered. It turned out to be a blood clot on his heart. Aside from my Granny (mum's mum - this is my dad's dad who died last week), who died very young (mid-40s of breast cancer when I was three), this is my first grandparent I've lost - so I'm doing pretty well at 30.

Anyway, I guess I'd better get this back on topic... I took it a bit easier today, just went for 10kph then upped it to 10.5 at half way. Upped again to 11 at 3km, then felt I was overdoing it again, so dropped to 10 for a while - I did pretty much sprint the last bit 0.1km though at 12.5, I did it in 29:10, which is a PB but only just.
You seem to been dealing with it all admirably sir.

Ditto back on subject; have now lost all but 1Lb which I piled on at the weekend, so back under 13 again (yay!). Fingers crossed that last one will be gone by tomorrow and I can get back to improving!
Mixed day today. Ran 5K in 28:56; put on 3lbs compared to last week. Puzzled.
'Cos muscle weighs more than fat, T-dog.

Party Saturday night (complete with bouncy castle, no less) meant large larger consumption, so not lost any further since last week. And finally been to get myself some new clothes - got jeans n shorts which actually fit me again so I don't have to hold 'em up when walking around and t-shirts which look as such and not like a tent on me.
dimtimjim wrote:'Cos muscle weighs more than fat, T-dog.

According to Yudster that's only relevant if you're a body builder... but apparently stressed muscles retain water and that can make your weight fluctuate by up to 4lb either way on any given day - and I did weigh myself after the gym.

dimtimjim wrote:'Party Saturday night (complete with bouncy castle, no less) meant large larger consumption, so not lost any further since last week. And finally been to get myself some new clothes - got jeans n shorts which actually fit me again so I don't have to hold 'em up when walking around and t-shirts which look as such and not like a tent on me.

Good news sir, well done.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]