Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
What do you think of the latest schedule changes? BBC Switch sounds so patronizing! As a 17 year old It just seems so cliched! I enjoy listen to Moyles because it makes me feel older! Also, why get rid of JK and Joel!!! Grrrr...
Question 2- What do you think of the Guardian blog today? Do you think the Chris Moyles Show can survive on rating alone? According to this Guardian blogster the average age of the CM listener is 32- too old for Parfitt? Will you be changing the show to attract a younger audience? or are the media making a bigger deal of the new age targets than need be?
Aled, could you give us a cyber tour( or at least a written tour) of the Radio 1 building? I think it would be a great idea to have a 360 degree tour of the whole building on R1 online.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
Preferably with detailed blueprints and handy air vent access points for the wannabe stalkers out there!
By Aled
Ballbag wrote:Aled, are you working today?

No, I was in Cardiff doing an interview for a TV show going out on BBC2 Wales on the 22nd of October

I WAS in work on Friday and will be again on Sunday to make sure everything's ready for Monday's show
By Aled
Yudster wrote:Do you think that when Chris is away Scott Mills makes a conscious effort to sabotage the show by being so appallingly bad the listening figures drop to a level they actually might never recover from? Because if he isn't doing it on purpose, its a really big accident.

No, Yudster. That's a horrible thing to say.

Scott's show has been actually very funny over the last fortnight.

We want Scott to do as well as possible because if our ratings dropped while we were away then our figures overall would reflect that. He has a different style to what we do - and is the best at what he does, but he's in a lose/lose situation with out listeneres. If he TRIED to do what Chris does he'd get slated because our listeners would hate that, but when he does his own thing he gets comments like what you give.

Scott and Chris are mates. Scott's, Chappers, Emlyn and Laura sit next to us in the office and we all get on very well. I'm relieved we're in the situation that when we're away we have such a safe pair of hands to leave the show with.
By Aled
boboff wrote:Aled, sorry I don't know any Welsh !

I just wondered what you think of the show Scotts been doing ?

Parping Men and Phallic Henry Tugging, Randy Beavers & Bell Ends, all very targeted to the more juvenile ( perhaps Target ) audience, where is we here, who do love the show, are all a bit "Past it" - Should Chris be worried ????

See above.

Chris won't be worried because we do a different type of show to Scott. The two styles are very different but both are amogst the best at what they do
By Aled
wireman2004 wrote:1. Following the success of your birthday show. Would chris give you a regular slot too do your thing. Say each week or would radio 1 bosses even consider giving you your own slot. The ratings would be good because obviously alot of moyles fans would listen too your show. I've seen you said you see presenting as a hobby. Would it become a job. So if asked. Would you like too present?

haha. If I had a regular show on Radio 1 TRUST ME it would lose it's humour very quickly. Part of the reason why my show went down so well was because the team were still there. If it was a more often thing that wouldn't happen, so no, I won't be chasing that at Radio 1! :) If asked, of course I would, but they'd need to ask me more than once because I'd be laughing at them the first few times!!!

wireman2004 wrote:2. What advice could you give too people like myself who would like too get into the world of radio. What things could i do too get myself noticed.

I am so sorry, but this answer is too involved to be put in a paragraph. It's down to a mixture of talent, luck, determination and good fortune. My one tip though is work experience.

wireman2004 wrote:3. In a recent podcast. Chris asked you in the out take about rachaels fiancee. Could you enlighten us on what was said?

Best left unsaid I think. Especially as once it was out there in the public domain it would change the legalities of us broadcasting it.
By Aled
foot-loose wrote:Question: If the show / station didn't have any constraints with regards to budget - what would you or the rest of the team like to do with the show? Is there anything that you would like to have done but can't because it would have cost way too much?

There are many things that we would love to do if budgets weren't an issue. To be fair to Radio 1 I don't think we're constrained creatively because of budgets it's how we'd do them etc. No matter how much money there is though we could do with more - but as it's the licence fee we can't go spending it without being able to justify it!
By Aled
Fathomer wrote:What do you think of the latest schedule changes? BBC Switch sounds so patronizing! As a 17 year old It just seems so cliched! I enjoy listen to Moyles because it makes me feel older! Also, why get rid of JK and Joel!!! Grrrr...
Question 2- What do you think of the Guardian blog today? Do you think the Chris Moyles Show can survive on rating alone? According to this Guardian blogster the average age of the CM listener is 32- too old for Parfitt? Will you be changing the show to attract a younger audience? or are the media making a bigger deal of the new age targets than need be?

I'm sorry you feel that way!

Mr P became the BBC's teen tzar over a year ago and has done a lot to make sure the right people are spoken to and consulted with in order to come up with the ideas we've ended up with. I was also one person involved in the early stages of the new TV show so know that a lot of teenagers were not only consulted but actually part of the idea process.

It has had a lot of research done to make sure it stands the best chance of delivering what we're hoping it does.

Not just the programming you're aware of but also stats like who's listening to the radio at that time of night and if they're not what are teenagers doing etc.
Aled wrote:
Yudster wrote:Do you think that when Chris is away Scott Mills makes a conscious effort to sabotage the show by being so appallingly bad the listening figures drop to a level they actually might never recover from? Because if he isn't doing it on purpose, its a really big accident.

We want Scott to do as well as possible because if our ratings dropped while we were away then our figures overall would reflect that. He has a different style to what we do - and is the best at what he does, but he's in a lose/lose situation with out listeneres. If he TRIED to do what Chris does he'd get slated because our listeners would hate that, but when he does his own thing he gets comments like what you give.

Scott and Chris are mates. Scott's, Chappers, Emlyn and Laura sit next to us in the office and we all get on very well. I'm relieved we're in the situation that when we're away we have such a safe pair of hands to leave the show with.

OOO aled is cross at Yudster!

I just think that we dont like scott because he is so diffrenet to Moyles!
I missed him these past few weeks!

Lizx
Aled wrote:

I do see what you are saying and I also understand that you wouldn't be unpleasant about Scott's show even if you wanted to be (and I know you don't want to be, I'm not implying otherwise). But honestly, it really hasn't been funny. I used to really like Scott Mills afternoon show, and it was always really good when he was in for you lot in the mornings, but in the last 18 months it has been absolute pants, in the afernoons and when he is covering. I wasn't being serious about him sabotaging the show deliberately though, I know he is a consummate professional and I'm sorry if I went a bit too far with that. His style has always been different to Chris's, and thats as it should be - but his show used to be hilarious, its now become one long cringe. And if thats the direction R1 wants it to go, it does make the points raised in Fathomer's second question
Fathomer wrote:Question 2- According to this Guardian blogster the average age of the CM listener is 32- too old for Parfitt? Will you be changing the show to attract a younger audience?
a little more worrying for the future.
Thanks Aled.

I still like both, you are right to say they are both pretty world class at what they do, Scott is great at nonsense, and Chris judging by the 15 second TV ad at eating pies whilst book signing.

Quite a talent !

PS best of luck with the Back Sack and Crack Job, very charitable. Who would you most like to undertake that treatment on then ?
Cher Aled (petit chou),

Do You ever see yourself with your own chat show, in a "Paul O'Grady" style? Vernon carried this off well, and I'm sure you could do :-)
By S4B
Aled,
Can we nominate a member of the Breakfast show team to come and visit you at the Salon? If so who would you like us to nominate - I vote Carrie!
Can you run a competition on here to have one of the forum come to the salon for you to practice on? - I nominate Topher or GBM.
I won't be doing it. Not unless the haircut is free, my travel is paid and I am guaranteed not to appear on telly. I don't rate my chances of those demands being met.
So to speak.........