Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By davetharris
Bag for balls wrote:Rachel Jones if you want to be more formal.

lmao ... formal could be the way to go
By Yudster
Ms Rachel Jones then.
By Yudster
Ms is more formal, less presumptive. I don't like it personally, but I always use it in correspondance.
By foot-loose
I thought Ms was what you put if your didn't know what she was?

Since she is getting Married to Mr Rachel at some point, I'm assuming that she is currently a Miss?

You may be right though.
By Yudster
Ms is what you should use if you have not been instructed by the woman in question on how she prefers to be addressed. It is not presumptive of her status or preference, hence is more formal.
By thebody
I have sent a stamped addressed envelope to Ms. Rachel Jones.
Keep your fingers crossed for me, guys!!
Have also PM'd Aled, but no luck so far.
Am hopeful, so wish me luck!!
By thebody
At the risk of sounding desperate, yes please, someone out there cut me a break!!
By foot-loose
Well, I think they are quite busy this week, Id maybe give it a couple of weeks before id expect to hear a response! When Aled gets back on here, i'm sure you will hear from him.
By thebody
Thanks guys for your help with this.

If any of you can put in a good word with Aled for me, I will be soooooo grateful.
By Yudster
Hey Aled, help him out will you? Even though he wrote to Rachel not you?!
By thebody
I'm a 'she'.

Yes Aled, please help me!!
By Chris
Enough - if you want to discuss getting a photo, create a thread elsewhere.

ASK ALED.
Last edited by Chris on Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ballbag
Crikey, it's the big man, and he's taking no prisoners.

*Bfb bows his head and shuffles away from the Lord Protector*

To keep in with the thread topic.......... Aled, do you have aspirations to become a DJ, and if offered the chance right now to DJ on a lesser station, let's say... er...... Radio Mercury.... the heart of the south *Bfb does Jazz hands*........ would you take it?
By C-Kay
foot-loose wrote:I thought Ms was what you put if your didn't know what she was?

Since she is getting Married to Mr Rachel at some point, I'm assuming that she is currently a Miss?

You may be right though.

I'm going to be really geeky here, it can be either Miss or Ms as she's never been married, if she's been a 'mrs' and get gets divorced, you cant go back to 'miss', only 'ms'!

I've confused myself too :?
By foot-loose
C-Kay wrote:I'm going to be really geeky here,

Dont worry about being geeky - your on a chris moyles internet fan forum - your amoung friends here!

C-Kay wrote:it can be either Miss or Ms as she's never been married, if she's been a 'mrs' and get gets divorced, you cant go back to 'miss', only 'ms'!

I think i'll stay as a "Sir".

Or a "Lord". Whichever is more appropriate.
By DemonHorse
foot-loose wrote:
C-Kay wrote:I'm going to be really geeky here,

Dont worry about being geeky - your on a chris moyles internet fan forum - your amoung friends here!

C-Kay wrote:it can be either Miss or Ms as she's never been married, if she's been a 'mrs' and get gets divorced, you cant go back to 'miss', only 'ms'!

I think i'll stay as a "Sir".

Or a "Lord". Whichever is more appropriate.

Do you mean Lord like Scott Mills?
By foot-loose
that was meant to be the gag yea.

But since you have to ask the question, it was obviously too contrived.

Apologies.
By smarsh336
Aled,

The Scott Mills audio download page is updated almost weekly, yet Moyles's has only 2 :( Is it possible to get more up, like Dave's "I...like...boys, come on the reds", Dom's "I'm not touching Ray Stubbs", Rachel's "try them, they;re juicy"...etc.

Also, that random woman Chris plays at the start of shows sometimes saying "oh hiya! Bub-eye"...etc.

Thank you.
By Rizzle_Razzle
Or Rachels "I think i might come"... just for the more pervy amongst you.
By Zoot
Hi Al
Just watched the Girls Video Podcast,
does Carrie have a Tattoo on her chest?
Do I have to work for the AA in order to find out what it is?
;-)
By thebody
Hi Aled

Can I draw your attention please to the thread 'What happened when TheBody went to London?' in the General forum?

Cheers
By Walter Sobchak
Hi Aled.
I was talking to some students today, about working in media;
One said his uncle used to work in BBC Local Radio, and he (the boy) was told that he (the uncle) used to have a big black book, in it there was "hundreds of words that weren't allowed to be used on the BBC", and then there was a section on phrases that weren't allowed too, this book was updated by the BBC every 5 years.
I know there are words and phrases that are banned, but are these produced in the form of a book; updated every 5 years, or just a series of memos?
Maybe there was such a book, but now its all on computer.
I'm intrigued as to whether he was being 'fed a line' by his uncle (trying to big himself up, maybe - could have been the cleaner for all I know! :roll: ) or whether this is fact!
By foot-loose
Im pretty sure there was a programme on this recently - and how there are obvious words that no-one should be using but there are others that are strictly banned coz they mean different things to different folks. Twat, for example pretty much means "dafty" where im from but it could mean something completly differently to someone else.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]