Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Capes
Hi Aled.
Please could you explain the need for the new station voice over, personally i dont think she is as good as the old one as she sounds less experienced and childish. Will the old one be returning at any stage. Also what are the names of the Radio 1 Voice overs i think i recognise the male voice just cant place the name.
Many thanks,
Martin
By timortal
Are you or are you not the same aled from songs of praise?
(no offence if its possible)
By David
Without Aled having to answer, no he's not.
By Aled
domsfavouritejumnper wrote:Hiya!....Al, im really impressed with your swimming mate...very well done to you!
but....do you fancy doing a Triathlon? as youve cracked swimming, try a Tri! 8)

Thanks very much

I'm not very sporty! So the swim's done it for me.

Nice idea though!
By Aled
timortal wrote:Are you or are you not the same aled from songs of praise?
(no offence if its possible)

No I'm not. He's Radio 2. I'm Radio 1 :)
By Aled
Mike Redding wrote:he didnt go on holiday, he lives there and his parents live there, in *deep breath* Aberystwyth if i remember rightly

Correct!
By Aled
Fathomer wrote:are you going to be moving in 2008 to Broadcasting House?

When you do will the whole of BBC Radio be housed in 1 large building? Or will BBC Radio 1,2 each have its own reception / distinct area etc?

No, we're not. That's for some of the other BBC radios including the World Service.

Radio 1 stays in Yalding House
Radio 2 stays in Western House
By Aled
Mk. wrote:Hi Aled, couple of questions this evening:

How are you finding R1's new SMS system? It sounds much improved. Also: Will it now automatically put linked texts together as one whole message. If so then that is awesome (if not overdue!).

Can I ask, if you don't mind and can remember, what Playlist's opinion was/is on Liam Frost & The Slowdown Family?

Random I know but many thanks anyway!
Mark :)

The text service is the same, they've just added a new MMS section. Loving that!

I'm afraid I don't remember the reaction to that track, sorry
By Adam
Aled wrote:

When you do will the whole of BBC Radio be housed in 1 large building? Or will BBC Radio 1,2 each have its own reception / distinct area etc?

No, we're not. That's for some of the other BBC radios including the World Service.

Move the lot to Salford!
By iSeb
Adam wrote:
Aled wrote:

Move the lot to Salford!

Oh jesus Adam. Don't get any BBC employee started on Salford. Bloody Arial are having a field day, although nothing in this weeks (of what I've read).

Aled, What do you think about BBC World Service's hunt for The Next Big Thing!? Have you even heard about the project to find the worlds best young band? 18 or under, unsigned and original music?

http://www.bbcworldservice.com/thenextbigthing
http://www.myspace.com/worldsbestyoungband
By fish heads
Aled,

Is the podcast "trial' ever going to end on the BBC? It just seems a bit wierd that every podcast still says this, even after the scheme has been running over a year. Are there plans to do something more concrete with the casts after the "trial" ends, like podcast every show?
By Loudmouthed_Cutie
Hi Aled,
I also have a question about the podcasts. Will there ever be a daily chris moyles show podcast like the scot mills ones? just wondering.
By Aled
iSeb wrote:
Adam wrote:
Aled wrote:

Move the lot to Salford!

Oh jesus Adam. Don't get any BBC employee started on Salford. Bloody Arial are having a field day, although nothing in this weeks (of what I've read).

Aled, What do you think about BBC World Service's hunt for The Next Big Thing!? Have you even heard about the project to find the worlds best young band? 18 or under, unsigned and original music?

http://www.bbcworldservice.com/thenextbigthing
http://www.myspace.com/worldsbestyoungband

I haven't heard anything about it actually.
By Aled
fish heads wrote:Aled,

Is the podcast "trial' ever going to end on the BBC? It just seems a bit wierd that every podcast still says this, even after the scheme has been running over a year. Are there plans to do something more concrete with the casts after the "trial" ends, like podcast every show?

Whenever the BBC now brings out additional stuff it has to go to a commercial impact group somewhere either in the top level of management or within government (I forget which). We have trials fo which we get as much info about them as possible: their success, the figures, their impact on other operators etc etc. This group then decides whether it's needed, whether it effects commercial organisations in a harmful way and ultimately whether the BBC should be doing it.

Only after then is it an official BBC service and not a pilot. Much like the tv player the BBC has been piloting for over a year.

They don't work quickly that's for sure.
By Aled
pb4eva wrote:Hi Aled,
I also have a question about the podcasts. Will there ever be a daily chris moyles show podcast like the scot mills ones? just wondering.

Audiences haven't taken well to us doing daily podcasts. Despite achieveing record figures for when we did it (New York) people started unsubscribing by the end of the week, which meant our figures were down for the weeks following it.

We need to work out why this was before we do it again (which may be in March). Perhaps there was not enough content for a podcast a day, maybe there were too many downloading clogging up smaller dial up connections...who knows?

Scott's works because maybe they're smaller files. They also work because they're easier to make. Ours involve re-editing interviews, re-working beds, bonus content and photos. This takes someone (Ant and Will) a whole day to create. We would therefore need to employ a new person at least if it was to be a daily (and the size of the audience doesn't justify that). It's that or they won't be as well made - and none of us wants that to happen.
By Aled
Adam wrote:Hi Aled,

Excluding yourself, who do you think should be named in the Welsh Walk of Fame ?

Clicky > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6111118.stm

Ha Ha! I've had a vote!!!l

I think Tom Jones is the classic one! Or Caryl Parry Jones is a Welsh Legend.
By Yudster
Aled - this isn't a question, merely a comment - I saw the picture of Mr Aled at the karaoke - how well did you do, he's cute!
By Aled
Yudster wrote:Aled - this isn't a question, merely a comment - I saw the picture of Mr Aled at the karaoke - how well did you do, he's cute!

AS proud as I am of everyone's comments, I can't helping wondering if you lot are saying I'm ugly!!

I think he's fit. :)
By Adam
Aled - who's your favourite band member from McFly & Girls Aloud?
By B1ue
Not wanting to be a bit 'previous' or anything...I want to ask you a Christmas question! (Well...the Easter Eggs are already on their way to Asda...thought I'd chance my arm about Crimbo)

I normally put up the tree and decorate it on or around the 14th of December...while doing so, I like to play Christmassy type music...the Choral sort...Kings College choir, stuff like that.

When do you put up your tree and what music would you play whilst doing so?

Blue
By surucipe
How big is too big?
By Ballbag
Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis big
By The Magic Mullet
Aled, do you find that old ladies always want to give you a cuddle and a biscuit?

My Gran loves you.