Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Chris
Feel free to post your questions for Aled below - maybe he'll answer them for you!

Please keep everything on topic, and keep your questions both sensible and reasonable.

ASK ALED!
Last edited by Chris on Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Uberlegend Jho
In light of a recent Woman's Hour question to the Conservative Leadership Candidates...

Briefs or Boxers?
By Joe Boy
Hi Aled,

I've just got a couple of questions... Are you gonna have any new features on the show in the new year? Is Carpark Catchphrase staying?

Be great if you replied. Thanks,
By Fathomer
When are you coming LIVE from New York- is it your last week before Christmas?
By David
Sorry to point this out, but who was responsible for this weeks podcast? The bit when they are speaking to Dom, for some reason there are two different beds badly mixed on at the same time...
By funnydave
Hi Aled,

I know that V.O stands for Voice Over and I know that BED is the backing audio music for the talky bits on radio shows (not only Radio 1 but any station) I am wondering: What does BED stand for?
If it indeed stands for anything!

Thanks BB Aled!
By Jono
funnydave wrote:Hi Aled,

I know that V.O stands for Voice Over and I know that BED is the backing audio music for the talky bits on radio shows (not only Radio 1 but any station) I am wondering: What does BED stand for?

Thanks BB Aled!

Bed is where you should be.
Definition: A production element, usually instrumental music, but occasionally a continuous sound effect (like wind, for example) that is used as background for a commercial, promotional announcement, etc.

It doesn't stand for anything.
By Steve.
I can honestly say I was pleased not to know that.
By Lawrie
who of the team has the messiest house

oh and how small is Joce?! well shocked by how small she is when i saw her at Leeds thing
By Adam
And the likelyhood of him actually saying yes would be probably 0.
By Aled
Uberlegend Jho wrote:In light of a recent Woman's Hour question to the Conservative Leadership Candidates...

Briefs or Boxers?

Boxer-briefs (not trying to be awkward - it's genuinely the ones I like)
By Aled
Joe Boy wrote:Hi Aled,

I've just got a couple of questions... Are you gonna have any new features on the show in the new year? Is Carpark Catchphrase staying?

Be great if you replied. Thanks,

Hey

Yes we will be. Immensely busy period between now and the New Year. CPC... not sure if I should reveal our plans. Surely there'll be some fun in having some surprises?

We have LOTS of plans of stuff, but, oddly, it's not always that easy just to do things. When stuff's not broke - fix it, carefully!!! We need a balance between hardcore fans insatiable appetite for new stuff and the casual listener's need for comforting routine.
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:When are you coming LIVE from New York- is it your last week before Christmas?

No, sooner than that. It's STILL not 100% confirmed - it was pretty last minute, we knew we wanted to do something abroad but the decision as to where and how we'd do it only happened very recently. It'll be announced one way or another by the end of the week.
By Aled
David wrote:Sorry to point this out, but who was responsible for this weeks podcast? The bit when they are speaking to Dom, for some reason there are two different beds badly mixed on at the same time...

Very interesting. I didn't make it this week, but didn't pick up on that. Apologies. We'll be as careful as possible for future ones.
By Aled
funnydave wrote:Hi Aled,

Thanks BB Aled!

BED doesn't stand for anything I don't think. I've only understood it as a piece of music that's 'under' speech so BED is used.
By Adam
Aled wrote:
fathomer90 wrote:When are you coming LIVE from New York- is it your last week before Christmas?

No, sooner than that. It's STILL not 100% confirmed - it was pretty last minute, we knew we wanted to do something abroad but the decision as to where and how we'd do it only happened very recently. It'll be announced one way or another by the end of the week.

So radio 1's chris moyles show goes to new york or some urm random island in the indian ocean - is there alot of work in org. it ?
By Aled
TheGodfather wrote:aled are you and scott miles together

people do talk

make a great couple.

lol

No we're not. I have a lovely boyfriend who I'm very much in love with. Nice to be talked about though.
By Jono
Do you not think what with all the job cuts and stuff at the BBC that for the BBC to allow you all to go to New York is a bit unwise?
By Adam
me thinks he'd get in trouble if he answered that. - i can be proven wrong though
By al3000
No questions Aled...just keep up the great work on the show I love it! :D
By Nicky
Aled wrote:

Make it 2 or 3 weeks time, go on. Its only fair that I can see you all broadcast the show live, seeing as it was my suggestion that you go to New York. :P
By Aled
Jono wrote:Do you not think what with all the job cuts and stuff at the BBC that for the BBC to allow you all to go to New York is a bit unwise?

No, not at all. The job cuts are to reduce areas of the BBC that those power that be believe can be trimmed in order to put the money back into programming. No-one in the BBC would want the shows to suffer due to the cutbacks. We just have to make sure any shows we did from abroad would justify the resources.
By Aled
al3000 wrote:No questions Aled...just keep up the great work on the show I love it! :D

Thank you. We do our best.

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]