Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Aled
chongster wrote:Well, my birthday came and went with no Happy birthday from you Aled....*starts crying uncontrollably*....

Oh bum. Sorry, was it yesterday? If it's any concilation it was my sister's birthday as well and I forgot hers also!
By Chongster
Aled wrote:
chongster wrote:Well, my birthday came and went with no Happy birthday from you Aled....*starts crying uncontrollably*....

Oh bum. Sorry, was it yesterday? If it's any concilation it was my sister's birthday as well and I forgot hers also!

hehe, I'll let you off then! How did you manage to forget your sisters birthday! My Sister would kill me if I did that! But dont worry, even my dad forgot it was my birthday, he didnt call or send a card, nice of him! And i still havent heard from him yet! :P

Thanks for the reply though, it was nice :)
By Adam
Aled wrote:

If there's one thing you remember is the family birthdays. They just get a bit upset if they dont get cards from their family.

Shame on you aled not giving your little sister a card! :P :)
By Aled
Adam wrote:
Aled wrote:

If there's one thing you remember is the family birthdays. They just get a bit upset if they dont get cards from their family.

Shame on you aled not giving your little sister a card! :P :)

Oh, no. She does NOW have a card - it may have been a day late that's all! :oops:
By Steve.
chongster wrote:
Aled wrote:

hehe, I'll let you off then! How did you manage to forget your sisters birthday! My Sister would kill me if I did that! But dont worry, even my dad forgot it was my birthday, he didnt call or send a card, nice of him! And i still havent heard from him yet! :P

Thanks for the reply though, it was nice :)

Are you sure it was your birthday?
By Fathomer
she doesn't read this does she Aled? :oops:
By Fathomer
what do you think of the shake up to Early Brekkie Aled?
Will Chris and the team be doing a Nemone Tribute montage?
By Fathomer
just saw on Radio1 ONLINE about the podcasting Aled.
Shoudl be good
will it work on a IPOD though??
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:just saw on Radio1 ONLINE about the podcasting Aled.
Shoudl be good
will it work on a IPOD though??

yes it will.
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:what do you think of the shake up to Early Brekkie Aled?
Will Chris and the team be doing a Nemone Tribute montage?

I'm going to miss Nemone. JK and Joel are very funny though so it'll be fine.
By Fathomer
what was your favourite subject(s) at school Aled??
By Aled
fathomer90 wrote:what was your favourite subject(s) at school Aled??

I hated school. Don't recall enjoying any of the subjects. I used to spend all my time at the local radio station instead
By Mk.
How often do you get recognized Aled? Couple of times a day maybe? I take it it depends on if you have a quiet day or were to go shopping in central london or something.

And of all the times you get recognised, how often is it a bit annoying, compared to being nice and pleasent? I won't hold anything against you if you say it's annoying 90 odd percent of time!
By Fathomer
Aled wrote: I used to spend all my time at the local radio station instead

Is that how you got where you are? I'm about to start work at a Hospital Radio station and wonder if you have any tips?

Did you get just a radio production degree or something to fall back on?

What are the best subjects to do at A Level for Radio production?

Sorry to get all personal :oops:
By Adam
fathomer90 wrote:

Is that how you got where you are? I'm about to start work at a Hospital Radio station and wonder if you have any tips?

Can I suggest a BTEC qualification in Media Studies, fathomer90?
By Wyatt
I almost went to work at Chris Brooks (now at Capital) hospital radio station "City Radio" in St Albans but stayed on at college instead to do A Levels.
By Jono
Any plans for 'wake me up when eastenders ends' as a parody?
By stevotrash
Adam wrote:
fathomer90 wrote:

Can I suggest a BTEC qualification in Media Studies, fathomer90?

Qualifications are handy, but generally working for hospital radio is a great way to build up your skills and knowledge of the business.

Most importantly, getting your big break will be aided to some extent by 'who you know'. Doing some free work for local commercial stations is a great way to get your face known by your the key players in local radio for your area.

Above all, show enthusiasm and commitment but try not coming across as conceited or a complete amateur radio geek.
By Fathomer
thanks for all your replies guys! I will be making my Hospital Radio debut doing a request show on the 21st August- should be exciting! Also, get a weekly show from the 6th September.
Chris Moyles better watch his back! :lol:
By Quincy
normally they say you have to be 16 but its worth a try.
By DemonHorse
failing that, if they don't let you start now, get your research done in the meantime so ya know more than the average rookie.
By Chris
... and back on topic please. Ask Aled.

If you want to discuss breaking into radio, please split into a separate thread in Trash.
By Chongster
Helo Aled,

Sut wyt ti heddiw? Gobeithio fod ti'n yawn. Ti am fynd i'r Eisteddfod o gwbwl wythnos yma? Dwi ddim yn disgwyl ti am oherweydd ti'n gwithio yn llyndain trwyr wythnos, o'n i ond yn meddwl oherwydd y waith ti wedi wneud hefo S4C~ or blaen, efallai fudd chi am mynd i reportio neu rhywbeth. Dwi'n gweithio drws nesaf ir holl peth yn Parc Menai! Sori dydi fy cymraeg dim 100%

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]