Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Fathomer
Well, Dom do it on the Early Bit.
Gerogina Bowman did Drive
David Garrido? No.
By fish heads
I don't know if Dom is actually leaving.Maybe he is becoming a proper member of the team and not hounded by the fact he has to leave before every half hour for news bullitins.

If not, it'll be sad to see him go. Without a doubt the best part of the show since the move to breakfast
By jamiec21
Regarding the "new visual angle", are you going to have a video camera in the studio and them making video compilation and putting it online? Is this what the mini-Moyles teaser is referring to with the use of video clips and not audio?
By Jono
Aled wrote:Scott's done a fantastic job over the last fortnight.

I'm truly delighted that Chris' fans have warmed to Scott so much, after all RAJAR doesn't differentiate between Moyles or Mills when looking at the ratings for the breakfast show and seeing as Chris has holidays once every quarter it's important we share listeners. Do you think it's coincidence that the formats are so similar? Paul voice over guy, CarPark game, the jingles, Podcast etc.

One key factor to a station's success is a working Breakfast / Drive combo and I think we're there.

The jingles, carpark price is right, and voiceovers have been a highlight just for the spoof idea. But certainly the new elements and drivetime elements such as the on hold game and laura's diary have added to that.

Breakfast / Drive combo is definetly what is needed :D

I've noticed a huge increase in talk about Scott's breakfast show this fortnight, which is great stuff.
By Wyatt
Maybe Dom is being replaced by a new newsreader but will stay on the show doing something else.
By Mk.
Aled wrote:Oh btw, this time last time we were on holiday I gave a couple of teasers as to what was coming up on the show. Want to play that game again?

ok...

We have a new way of waking up our listeners.
A new visual angle to the show
A "new" news reader
and the show comes from a studio outside of London for a whole week. Might even be outside of UK. Maybe.

Any guesses?

I'm not going to try and speculate, but thanks for giving us this stuff, it's very much appreciated.
By MC
Dom MUST NOT leave.
By Yamsy
Just an idea but maybe the week away could be in the States.
By David
another American Road Trip?
By Steve.
Nicky wrote:
Aled wrote:Hi!

I'm back from hols.

We liking Scott's show then? I've not heard it yet, will listen tomorrow to Friday.

Scott Mills has been great this week. Quite easily the best he's been on breakfast. I hardly miss you lot at all :D

Come on guys, Scott's been good, but he's not been that good!

I've missed you Aled.

And surely Dom wouldn't be leaving? If so you would have thought they'd have had a special "last show" for him, like they made quite a fuss of Jules' leaving.
By jamiec21
I think I know where the different location will be, but I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to guess. Just so I know Aled, it's not just your show that's going to be in a different location is it? ;-) Or is that event something completely different to what you're on about?
By SCornelius7mufc
DOM, DO NOT LEAVE!
By Aled
jamiec21 wrote:I think I know where the different location will be, but I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to guess. Just so I know Aled, it's not just your show that's going to be in a different location is it? ;-) Or is that event something completely different to what you're on about?

Wow, that's very intriguing, how do you know about that? But no, this is in addition to that.
By Aled
Steve. wrote:
Nicky wrote:

I'm back from hols.

We liking Scott's show then? I've not heard it yet, will listen tomorrow to Friday.

Scott Mills has been great this week. Quite easily the best he's been on breakfast. I hardly miss you lot at all :D

I've missed you Aled.

And surely Dom wouldn't be leaving? If so you would have thought they'd have had a special "last show" for him, like they made quite a fuss of Jules' leaving.

Aww, thank you.

Alright, I suppose that hint wasn't particularly nice. Let me come clean, Dom'll be away for a couple of weeks. Not for ever. The new newsreader isn't new because he/she already works at Radio 1 and they're not replacing Dom for good. That's all I meant.
By Mike Redding
Aled wrote:
jamiec21 wrote:I think I know where the different location will be, but I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to guess. Just so I know Aled, it's not just your show that's going to be in a different location is it? ;-) Or is that event something completely different to what you're on about?

Wow, that's very intriguing, how do you know about that? But no, this is in addition to that.

Is it the new studios in manchester??
By Smooth Criminal
Hey Aled.

I've got a parody made, interested in looking at it?
By Jono
Is Dom releasing an excercise video with Chappers? And does Chappers have anything to do with it. I know you mentioned some new projects with him a while back.
By Aled
Jono wrote:Is Dom releasing an excercise video with Chappers? And does Chappers have anything to do with it. I know you mentioned some new projects with him a while back.

No
By Fathomer
he probaly wants to be spend more time with the family and work 9-5 i would have thought
By Nicky
Steve. wrote:
Nicky wrote:

I'm back from hols.

I've missed you Aled.

I was joking, sort of. Scotts been good, but its like drinking diet coke. Ok for a while, but eventually you just want the real thing. Or something :$
By jamiec21
Aled wrote:Wow, that's very intriguing, how do you know about that? But no, this is in addition to that.

Oh, well that's even better then isn't it? Erm, is it coinciding with a public event (eg. World Cup, although it's not that as you said)?

By the way, I knew about the other thing from looking at the Programme Information PDF's which were updated for that week a few days ago and make mention of it.
By Eddie
where do you get the programme info PDSs though?
By funnydave
Hi Aled,

FunnyDave here again!

I listened to the Extra Moyles and you and Jocelin Stainer was brilliant together.

Will you and Joce be given your own show in the future?

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]