Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By tro1
Aled,

How long before the announcement did you and the rest of the team know the show was ending? Just wondering if you knew around the time of Chris' birthday show as with hindsight that feels like going out on a high with the birthday shows.

P.S. Thanks for all your hard work over the years.
By Aled
tro1 wrote:Aled,

How long before the announcement did you and the rest of the team know the show was ending? Just wondering if you knew around the time of Chris' birthday show as with hindsight that feels like going out on a high with the birthday shows.

Hello. We didn't know at the time of the birthday show. The birthday shows becoming this pressurised show that got thought about earlier and earlier each! Haha. Will (Kinder) came up with the idea of the orchestra in November (I think it was) and we took it from there.
By Aled
bwfcol wrote:Thanks Aled!

You said it was in order so got concerned when Matt was next. I'd love Rach to be in for the whole show as "producer" but I guess it will be like everyone else.

Rachel's on maternity leave and doesn't want to do that.
Perfectly understandable, just good to have her and hopefully Will on and then the team members return is completed!

The shows have been great. Thanks so much for the hard work that everyone has put in
By Aled
itbe_Tyler wrote:Hey Aled.

Who's decision was it to make the final live show audience 18+ only?
Surely you're going against what Radio 1 wants and cutting out the younger listeners. Just wondering.

Yeah I'm REALLY upset about that. That's very lazy and one that slipped through the net - I didn't notice that until it was too late.

I can only apologise.
I don't think so. I work with a lad who is 17 and not in education. He'll be registered for National Insurance and whatnot in order for us to pay him, so the authorities would surely have made him go back into education if that was the law.
Aled wrote:
itbe_Tyler wrote:Hey Aled.

Who's decision was it to make the final live show audience 18+ only?
Surely you're going against what Radio 1 wants and cutting out the younger listeners. Just wondering.

Yeah I'm REALLY upset about that. That's very lazy and one that slipped through the net - I didn't notice that until it was too late.

I can only apologise.

I can only thank-you for your honesty Aled!
By tro1
Aled wrote:
tro1 wrote:Aled,

Hello. We didn't know at the time of the birthday show. The birthday shows becoming this pressurised show that got thought about earlier and earlier each! Haha. Will (Kinder) came up with the idea of the orchestra in November (I think it was) and we took it from there.

Thanks for the reply Aled.
This is my last question of this nature but is there any chance of King of Tickets being a mystery guest sometime?

On a different topic, if Chris said you could bring back any feature for one of the last shows, what would you choose?

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]