Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
I think it was "Ask lying pin brained bigoted juggler" very popular thread !

Have you heard of this great band on Myspace by the way ? :D

Aled: Can you let us into any clues as to proposed changes on the show next year.

Are the team of the opinion if it's not broke don't fix it, or we need to get in more listeners so lets put in lots of new features?

Given the initial reaction to the opening song, which wasn't positive ( as everyone on here is a moaning grumpy old git) it has really grown on me.
Hey Aled, like you I'm hoping to become a radio producer at some stage.
I'm 15 and will be taking my GCSEs soon, could you recommend some A Level courses to take?
My shortlist is currently English Language/Literature, Media Studies, Photography and Sociology.
Thank you.
Aled, I heard the other day that Chris is composing new jingles for your return in the new year. Would you let moyles.net people have a smash at composing some jingles?
hi aled.
Couple of questions.

1. I noticed in a previous post you were busy preparing for a 12 hour show.
I may of miss read it and you were doing 12 hour shifts in preparation for a upcoming long show.
Is there anything you can tell us on it or was it the christmas day show you recorded. earlier this week.
2. If you reply before christmas. What things can you say for us too listen too the show on christmas day. Is it the show we are used too with ramble and half time. Or is it completely different like the 40th birthday show chris did with blackburn.

Thanks aled. Look forward too hearing from you soon.
Merry christmas.
Paul.
boboff wrote:I think it was "Ask lying pin brained bigoted juggler" very popular thread !

Have you heard of this great band on Myspace by the way ? :D

Aled: Can you let us into any clues as to proposed changes on the show next year.

Are the team of the opinion if it's not broke don't fix it, or we need to get in more listeners so lets put in lots of new features?

Given the initial reaction to the opening song, which wasn't positive ( as everyone on here is a moaning grumpy old git) it has really grown on me.

Lol. We've followed the evolve over time method since we started four years ago and save for the odd quarter we've added consistently over that time. I think evolving is consistent with getting in more listeners.

Read my blog about the New Year Show if you want proof that we can provide a busy, exciting and entertaining show without needing to "put in lots of new features"

This New Year will have the least new features. Chris doesn't want to change the imaging and all the new stuff we're planning will be brought in over the first month - not day 1.

http://www.aled.info/blog/?id=1340.1198248214
Josey wrote:Hey Aled, like you I'm hoping to become a radio producer at some stage.
I'm 15 and will be taking my GCSEs soon, could you recommend some A Level courses to take?
My shortlist is currently English Language/Literature, Media Studies, Photography and Sociology.
Thank you.

I'm not aware of any radio employers asking what A levels you have. So I'd recommend making the most of the fact that the pressure is taken off with your choices and using your qualifications to create as rounded a radio producer as possible. Media Studies is the obvious one as to the rest that will come from your pesonality. I did Computer Programming before I did Media Studies which is probably why I'm seen as the technical one on the show doing the editing, studio technical stuff and the online stuff.

While you're studying I'd advise using your personal time wisely to improve your chances. That's the key. As much experience as possible. Listen to and have an opinion on as much good and bad radio as possible, help as many radio station out as possible gaining experience - from hospital radio to your local ILR and BBC stations.
Vivienne wrote:Aled, I heard the other day that Chris is composing new jingles for your return in the new year. Would you let moyles.net people have a smash at composing some jingles?

Totally! We can't run a competition (for obvious reasons) and so there can't be any guarantees, but if you pm them to me I'll make Chris sees it, and you never know... someone might one day get lucky!?
wireman2004 wrote:hi aled.
Couple of questions.

1. I noticed in a previous post you were busy preparing for a 12 hour show.
I may of miss read it and you were doing 12 hour shifts in preparation for a upcoming long show.
Is there anything you can tell us on it or was it the christmas day show you recorded. earlier this week.
2. If you reply before christmas. What things can you say for us too listen too the show on christmas day. Is it the show we are used too with ramble and half time. Or is it completely different like the 40th birthday show chris did with blackburn.

Thanks aled. Look forward too hearing from you soon.
Merry christmas.
Paul.

Hey Paul

I found myself writing a blog about the 12 hour day while on the train on the way here and ended up writing a lot, if you don't mind I'll quote some of the blog:

"I've done my best to get the best flavour of all this into our 12 hour special. Each team member will host two months with Chris (which is quite funny in itself). Not everything's in – not by a long shot and the list that Ant and I have decided upon won't be to everyone's taste. There'd be a better list if you wanted to show off how big the show's been, or how succesful etc etc. Ant and I made a pact to include the bits that made us laugh the most no matter who or what was in the link and that's what we've done.

We hope you enjoy both shows: Christmas Day 10am – 1pm (plus following podcast) and then The All Day Chris Moyles Show, New Year's Day 2008 7am -7pm (with each team's favourite link and an explanation why in the following Friday's podcast)."

I might keep actual specifics a secret but if you follow my laugh a lot guide you can't go far wrong!

As for the Christmas Show - if the angry people on this board want a new example of a thread that left me feeling that they're just misery guts then the Christmas Show thread is it. What pessimism about a show!

The show isn't like normal show. We're aware our audience aren't driving for hours into work or sat at the office or on a train they're in the front room with their families opening presents, calling relatives, preparing and eating food so we've tailered the show accordingly.

A couple of secret santas (guests) - we give the results of the secret santa amongst the team (presents), Sarah and Matt both have starring roles on the show and yes, a lot more music
no seriously, what about that room, I'm being kicked out in 2 months and need a place to stay. You've done a fantastic job this year. Keep up the good work!
By S4B
Aled wrote:
As for the Christmas Show - if the angry people on this board want a new example of a thread that left me feeling that they're just misery guts then the Christmas Show thread is it. What pessimism about a show!

Aled read the thread again! It's only Viv being a misery and she's more of a Scott Mills fan rather than Moyles!
Aled wrote:
Vivienne wrote:Aled, I heard the other day that Chris is composing new jingles for your return in the new year. Would you let moyles.net people have a smash at composing some jingles?

Totally! We can't run a competition (for obvious reasons) and so there can't be any guarantees, but if you pm them to me I'll make Chris sees it, and you never know... someone might one day get lucky!?

I'll pm you something, but it will probably get you taken off air (ha ha!!).
Hi Aled!

Do you think Matt and Sarah will become more regular members of the 'on-air team' or are they (and Chris) happy with the balance already?
Love the show, keep up the great work! :D
Adam

And yes this is the original Uglybob, I am sure t[…]