Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
Adam, what dialect was that supposed to represent?
Aled wrote:
boboff wrote:Aled, the other Day Chris said that you made up a couple of things, lied, like about him asking you to go and see the page three girl. You have done this before about things written on this site, is this a problem that you encounter within other area of your life ? If so with new year approaching, could it be a resolution for you to try and reduce them ? My Mother used to wash my Mouth out with soap if you caught me telling lies, it was carbolical.

Hey Boboff.

You seem to be doing more than asking me questions. You appear to be making statements, about me, without explaining yourself. Before I answer the related questions, please tell me what occasion you are reffering to when you say I have "lied" about things written on this site? How are you aware that this occasion was in fact a lie and not a mistake, and finally, why has this upset you so much?

OK, well it's kind of you to acknowledge this, and I am not about to be a tit and go on about it, BUT I did explain the incident where Chris said on air you lied a couple of times in quick succession, hopefully you will recall that bit, the bit's where I have seen this before is only to do with your comments on peoples opinions on this site.

The last instance I recall was the "they all hate it on chrismoyles.net with regard to the Golden hour, when plainly from the thread this was not the case. BUT your really kind to spend time on here answering peoples questions, and believe me I for one respect you for that, so it was only a bit of a joke, and a kind way of seeing whether at some point you could actually voice on air something positive about the forum, and the general consensus of opinion on it ( in favour of the show & Chris) I know recently there was the "well they like Rachel on the site now" comment which was good.

So really thanks, and rather than the Lovely Viv's kind words, I was actually alluding to possible positive comments.

So lets try again.

Aled would you consider a new years resolution of being more positive on air about the chrismoyles.net site ?

No, ok sorry to ask !

Hey and I am really enjoying the scissor hands show, any luck with Orlando yet ?
Aled wrote:
jameseuk wrote:Hiya Aled.

1)Would you consider having your own mini Aled that people could download & be kept upto date with all the latest stuff going on in your world?

2)What is your fave kind of pizza?

Hey - 1) you know, not even my ego is big enough to have one of those I'm afraid!

2) Quatro Formaggi with extra ham! :)

1)Not big enough yet you mean? :mrgreen:

2)Never heard of Quatro Formaggi but from what I can tell its a four cheese pizza?,yea? :?
Hey Aled,

My name is Andy and I'm 13 and right now the only job I want to do is be either a radio technician or presenter/producer and I'm currently trying to get an Amateur Radio license. I'm interested in how Radio studios work and I was wondering how the desk works/how the music software works. Do the BBC have a fully digitalized library where you or Chris can type in a song name and have it come up and immediately play or are most songs played off of physical medium? I was also wondering what percentage of music on Radio 1 is actually chosen by the DJ and how much is required playing and how much choice does the DJ have in the required tracks.

Two last things I'd like to know if possible: Is Chris is required to get through all the show segments/news and if he wanted he could favor banter to a segment, and how much of the chatter is scripted and how much is just when one of the team just decides on something funny to talk about on the fly, and finally how many cards do you usually get for birthday corner and what percentage do you usually read out?

I'd really appreciate an answer. I love the show and I love you on Scissorhands.

Thanks, Andy.

Edit: Bonus quesiton: Who runs the desk when Chris isn't in?
Last edited by Taggard on Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foot-loose wrote:
Ballbag wrote:Now why can't more 13 year olds be as polite and well rounded as young Andy here.

Seconded.

Well posted, Andy.

I agree (except he used the American spelling of 'favour'... but I guess that's picky even for me.
Topher wrote:
foot-loose wrote:
Ballbag wrote:Now why can't more 13 year olds be as polite and well rounded as young Andy here.

Seconded.

Well posted, Andy.

I agree (except he used the American spelling of 'favour'... but I guess that's picky even for me.

Also agreed (except about the American speling, which would normally annoy me but Andy seems to have redeeming features which enable me to ignore it). Best of luck to you young Andy.
Thanks guys, I wasn't sure how people would respond to me posting here but I guess you don't mind it. I try to type properly and be polite because frankly my friends annoy me on MSN when they force me to read typin lyke dis so I try not to be annoying if I can help it. Thanks!
as a follower or chris from the early days of radio 1, i used to set videos and timers and all sort so i could listen his shows. his humour was the only thing that that could have saved radio 1. and it did. 7-8 million listeners, who else can admit to that. then it annoys me when i come on site such as this, and people are on here disrespecting him. this is meant to be an appreciation site, now don't forget that
bump wrote:this is meant to be an appreciation site, now don't forget that

Thanks for posting the same thing over and over again. Nowhere does it say that this site has to be full of sycophantic nonsense. If people don't like something then they are welcome to say so.

We'll police the posts, you just comment.
as a follower or chris from the early days of radio 1, i used to set videos and timers and all sort so i could listen his shows. his humour was the only thing that that could have saved radio 1. and it did. 7-8 million listeners, who else can admit to that. then it annoys me when i come on site such as this, and people are on here disrespecting him. this is meant to be an appreciation site, now don't forget that

He IS loved by most people on here, I can assure you! :-) And I personally think it's wonderful he bothers to post.
I believe that someone who wanted everyone to believe it was Chris Moyles was in the chatroom, and quite rightly, no-one did.
Yeah, but a long time ago, when we used an IRC chat room, Moyles actually did log in and no one believed it was him. He's spoken about it on the air before.
No wonder he hates us!

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]