Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Ballbag
Thanks for clearing that up.... be careful of that lead when you go out of the door though, you don't want to trip and do a comedy Frank Spencer style head plant into your balconyvision box.
By Yudster
I'm only not scary when I want to be. And I might just be lulling our Arch nemesis into a false sense of security. And don't worry, I reckon Aled would be a pushover, you leave him to me.
By einnorby
question about Carrie, Aled.
Do you think - or even know - if she ever did or would do female representatives of our species?
By Nicky
Aled, have you seen the first episode of series 3 of Lost yet? Are the team still really into it?

Confusing as hellllllll.
By Adam
Aled

You've been a member of site for ages (about 4 or 5 years), not forgetting FAAled & BBAled - what appear to be the main things you've learnt from chrismoyles.net and fed back to the the rest of the presenters, APs and Producers? We all know Moyles and host of other people check the site, and Moyles appears to be more in touch with 'ternet than we're led to believe over the last few years.

Does this fan sites, i.e reviews/ forums influence your show much? I'm guess you read the reviews (when they are done) and a selection of threads. It seems we create a reaction from Chris with what we say. Generally my impression is that he thinks we are a moaning bunch and it makes me mad to hear what some of the team think - especially Comedy Dave, who really doesn't give a blind bit of notice, really doesn't care and fails to acknowledge the benefits of fan sites. Our most recent mention from last week I think is a good example of this.

Why are Moyles & Dave like this with the site, as if we hate them, which we dont? If we were like unofficialmills (its too nice) where criticism is banned - then I feel the show wouldnt benefit from what we have to say.

x
By Boboff
Me thinks the lady does protest too much !

Adam leave it out, it's not Aleds job to speak for CM & DV, it's great he has a part to play in this, but lets face it, there are people who post on forums, and people who make good DJ's, try reading any thread and pretend it was on the radio, hmmm you'd soon turn over.

Frankly I started this thing a few weeks ago and it was very negative at that point, if CM had seen some of that I could empathise with his current , perported, state of mind, but I am assuming that the thrust of sites like these changes from week to week and month to month as people come and go, so enjoy it for the moment, and therefore who gives a monkeys what Moyles & dave are like with the site, enojoy Aled for his generously given time and insight, and let it lie..

you wouldn't let it lie !
By Adam
boboff wrote:Me thinks the lady does protest too much !

Adam leave it out, it's not Aleds job to speak for CM & DV, it's great he has a part to play in this, but lets face it, there are people who post on forums, and people who make good DJ's, try reading any thread and pretend it was on the radio, hmmm you'd soon turn over.

Frankly I started this thing a few weeks ago and it was very negative at that point, if CM had seen some of that I could empathise with his current , perported, state of mind, but I am assuming that the thrust of sites like these changes from week to week and month to month as people come and go, so enjoy it for the moment, and therefore who gives a monkeys what Moyles & dave are like with the site, enojoy Aled for his generously given time and insight, and let it lie..

you wouldn't let it lie !

In some respects Aled does kinda speak for CM and DV, as they are unlikely to visit it here and answer my question. Its not a personal question, so im hoping he can answer as best as he can.

As Producer of the show, he is probably one of the people that knows them really well. I'm just saying that it gives a bad impression of the site to other people, and im sure 'outsiders' see as a bit hostile. Saying that, this place is alot more friendly with alot of new people, like yourself. The bite is still here, but its not as painful.
By Boboff
Cool. good man. Assume you are a man, can't make assumptions like that I suppose, Assume made an Ass out of you and me, as my elderly grandmother used to say shortly before dying because she'd assumed they had fixed the faulty plug on her kettle, still, bless !

PS I belive a man of you caliper should know you don't need to quote the last post, MC told me, and he is very clever and very powerfull, and I suspect a little in awe of you !
By Yudster
It's all right Boboff, I think Adam just wants to feel loved - and who can blame him?!
By Adam
Yudster wrote:It's all right Boboff, I think Adam just wants to feel loved - and who can blame him?!

Are you going to give me that lovin', Yudster, that you keep promising everyone?
By Boboff
feel like a gooseberry
By Yudster
Adam wrote:
Yudster wrote:It's all right Boboff, I think Adam just wants to feel loved - and who can blame him?!

Are you going to give me that lovin', Yudster, that you keep promising everyone?

I thought you were asking Aled! So did everyone else! Have we all got the wrong idea about you Adam?! :lol:
By missnicola
:D Aled, if I send you some FREE sweets from my new internet shop, can I mention my website?? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease :D
By Johnny 1989
Hi Aled two quick questions:

1) Why doesn't Radio 1 play a few more classic songs? When you guys did the afternoons I remember the May Bank Holiday Specials & Easter Holiday specials would have "Classic Playlist Day" kind of thing so why don't they sneak in a few more classics, I'm sure the audience wouldn't moan

2) Why doesn't Jocelyn appear on air more often? (you have probably answered this before but I would need to look back over 300 worth of old pages & I don't have that kind of patience)
By Mk.
Hi Aled, couple of questions this evening:

How are you finding R1's new SMS system? It sounds much improved. Also: Will it now automatically put linked texts together as one whole message. If so then that is awesome (if not overdue!).

Can I ask, if you don't mind and can remember, what Playlist's opinion was/is on Liam Frost & The Slowdown Family?

Random I know but many thanks anyway!
Mark :)
By Nicky
Talking of the playlist, i'd like to know what the decision making behind the new RHCP single - Snow, was (if any?) :D
By gbm
Do you think theres any reason that Aled hasnt posted on this thread since Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:50 pm, hope he hasnt forgotten about us, btw I know Aleds really busy at the moment so that would probably be why, with the new guests and all :D

Edit: Wooo gone up a level, I'm now 'Regular' is that like a medium in a fast food establishment. Do I get any prizes?
By Nicky
Nicky wrote:Talking of the playlist, i'd like to know what the decision making behind the new RHCP single - Snow, was (if any?) :D

Ignore this now, as it was added this week ;) :D
By Fathomer
are you going to be moving in 2008 to Broadcasting House?

When you do will the whole of BBC Radio be housed in 1 large building? Or will BBC Radio 1,2 each have its own reception / distinct area etc?
By David
Im not Aled. I don't know the answer to that question... however...

I would imagine no seeing as they've just done up the R1 studios at a ridiculous cost each.
By Boboff
Aled, when you went on your Holiday to Whales, what village did you stay in, and were you, you know, then only one ? in that village so to speak?

By that I mean were you the only assistant live part time live fat dj stooge side kick, in the village
By Mike Redding
he didnt go on holiday, he lives there and his parents live there, in *deep breath* Aberystwyth if i remember rightly