Always wanted to know something about the show? This is the place to 'Ask Aled'!
By Steve.
gregs wrote:
Capes wrote:Aled - In the new studios, you have those new snazzy looking clocks, but i have often wondered what the lights next to it mean, i think there are usually 4/5. Thanks

i'm guessin:

mic live, obit, ex d, will be three of them

This is why Chris thinks we're all geeks.
By Capes
or just curious fans with a real interest in radio. Just maybe
By Fathomer
Aled, this has probaly been asked before-
Any annoying habits? Do the whole team smoke or is it just Chris? Smoking isnt cool folks!
By Adam
Aled - idea: Show Blog. Would you consider this? I think its a good idea.
By fish heads
Didn't Aled say a few months ago, they treat Mini-Moyles as their sort of mini-blog?
By Walter Sobchak
Adam wrote:So aled - when is the Chris Moyles Show DVD coming out ? ;)

Most of Chris' Parodies are very funny too, maybe he should consider a CD compilation, (with a few jingles, and other funny bits from the show thrown in)
By fish heads
The padodies would be a legal nightmare to clear i suspect. Still, it would be good
By jamiec21
Aled, is Sting Ring pre-recorded or is it done live?
By q
Capes wrote:justy looked on webcam, there are 4.

I'd guess - Mike live, on air, phone live and fire alarm at the bottom?

Still, isn't Moyles a closet radio anorak anyway? :lol:
By Dickie
Aled, is Carrie aware that this is her photo on her profile on the Radio 1 newbeat pages?

SCARY!
By Adam
Argh,

Sorry I agree.
By MC
jamiec21 wrote:Aled, is Sting Ring pre-recorded or is it done live?

It is blatantly pre recorded.

The reason Chris doesn't speak to the callers is clearly cause he doesn't make the sting ring calls.
By Tom Holt
One of my friends got stung rung and she says that Scott Mills spoke to her before and after 'the call'
By Capes
why would they not do it live, there is no real reason to pre record it. Is there?
By Fathomer
Majority of people dont answer the phone first thing in the morning.
Especially at 7.20
By Console
Capes wrote:why would they not do it live, there is no real reason to pre record it. Is there?

It probably is done early in the morning, but I would assume that they pre-record it because people might swear on it, and it's easier to pre-record and take out the ones on which people swear.

We kinda have proof of this since smeginthehead was apparantly called, although his never made it to air, probably because he swore in it.
By MC
Plus there is never a dialling tone, plus last week in the US, Chris told Aled to drive the desk and put the next track on (at 7.20) one day.

He then pressed the wrong fader and put the sting ring call on.
By Capes
oh, maybe it is then. I forgot about smeginthehead having apparently being stung. Didn't hear the US * up.
By David
Tom Holt wrote:One of my friends got stung rung and she says that Scott Mills spoke to her before and after 'the call'

Why would Scott Mills be speaking to them?
By Adam
You never know - he probably likes full control of his show.
By Adam
Hmmm, Aled ?
By DC
Mike Redding wrote:Is sting ring ending in the new year.

If that happens, you should bring it back once in a while. It's the kind of thing that will lose it's appeal if you do it too much.