The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
<p>Let's start the show with a letter
An anonymous correspondent has sent in some photos of everybody's favourite early breakfast show DJs from an event they attended at the Tower nightclub in Hull some time ago. The boys were taking part in a performance of The Full Monty; Joel did, in fact, do the full monty - and now Chris has the disturbing evidence. Sausages for breakfast, anybody?</p>
  • The Killers - Somebody Told Me · Newsbeat
<p>It was only a joke!
Fresh from his on-air shave on Friday, Chris went out sporting his new handlebar moustache. It only survived until Saturday morning, despite all the compliments from people who didn't realise it was just a joke. Look out for the next issue of Moustache Magazine, where Chris will be appearing alongside Jason Lee from My Name Is Earl and Ben Stiller from Dodgeball.</p>
  • No Doubt - Hey Baby · Meck - Thunder In My Heart Again
<p>Still off the booze?
Two weeks in and Rachel's breathalyser reading remains at 0.00. In the interest of checking that the machine is working properly, Dave had a blow as well. He claimed 0.00, but there's no independent verification of that because he refused to show anybody else. I think it's safe to say the breathalyser works just fine.</p>
  • The Darkness - Is It Just Me? · Newsbeat · One Road Travel with Michael Smith of Newhousemill Road in East Kilbride
<p>It's all in the timing
Only three days ago, in a post suggesting Chris might be one of radio's most unoriginal presenters, a contributor to another forum described the "why are small chocolate bars called 'Fun Size'? What's fun about that?" gag as one of "the most clichéd and unoriginal topics for moronic radio". So it was rather disappointing to hear Chris do that very joke this morning. I guess he doesn't read Digital Spy.</p>
  • Elvis vs. JXL - A Little Less Conversation · Kubb - Grow
<p>Eau de toilette?
Chris caught Jocelin going in to the toilet with his cup of tea and now he's concerned about exactly what he's drinking. Joce maintains she was just pouring excess liquid down the drain.</p>
  • Notorious B.I.G. - Nasty Girl · Newsbeat
<p>Celebrity Tarzan
It's a new celebrity today, and caller Phil Collins guessed Alan Partridge. He was wrong, not least because Alan Partridge is a fictional character - but it wasn't Steve Coogan either. The caller's name prompted some fairly predictable gags and the playing of One More Night and Jesus He Knows Me, which probably aren't on the playlist. Neither are any of these 1985 hits:</p>
  • Level 42 - Something About You · Colonel Abrams - Trapped · Go West - We Close Our Eyes · DeBarge - Rhythm Of The Night
<p>Rachel's much happier when Chris returns to the script:</p>
  • Layo and Bushwacka - Love Story · 50 Cent - Hustler's Ambition
<p>Thanks, Mrs. Jones!
All this week, Radio 1 listeners can vote for their choice for the British Breakthrough Act at the Brits. To help you decide, Aled's Mum will be reviewing each nominee's album. This morning it's The Magic Numbers.</p>
  • The Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You · Newsbeat · One Road Travel · Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight · Freemasons - Love On My Mind · Richard Ashcroft - Break The Night With Colour
<p>Liar Liar
Chris is very upset with Dr. Mark because, despite walking nine miles last week, he's put on two whole pounds! Obviously that's Dr. Mark's fault, and nothing to do with Chris eating and drinking too much. A quick review of Chris's shopping list reveals fresh pasta ("not a kebab"), chips, Fairy Liquid ("I haven't had any for a month"), beef pie, black pudding ("on offer"), fizzy jellies ("isotonic sport sweets"), sausage rolls and a Cadbury's variety bag ("for when people come round").</p><p>Tedious Link
Aerosmith - Dude (Looks Like A Lady). Not quite seamless, because 'dies' is not the plural of 'dice'. 'Dice' is the plural of 'die'.</p><p>Ramble
Now that Aled's here, we return to the photograph of Joel. Dr. Mark is still on hand to offer a medical opinion, too.</p>
<p><cite>Dr. Mark: </cite>"Men are just not designed to be naked."
<cite>Dave: </cite>"I think I am!"
<cite>Aled [preparing to view said picture]: </cite>"I've just moisturised."
<cite>[having seen it]: </cite>"Wow."
<cite>Dave: </cite>"You look *."
<cite>Chris: </cite>"You do. Straight up."</p>
  • Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down · Charlotte Church - Moodswings (To Come At Me Like That) · Gorillaz - Dirty Harry · Newsbeat · One Road Travel · Madonna - Sorry · The Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun
<p>Beep Beep Busters
Two new contestants: Ben from Dursley in Gloucestershire and Mike from Swindon. Ben won the first round just as Mike was about to be reversed into by a massive fork-lift truck, then failed to answer the first question in the golden round. And Chris still managed to overrun.</p><p>That's all. Feedback is welcome in the forum or by PM or [url=mailto:leave.everything@yahoo.com]e-mail[/url].</p>