The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Stereophonics: Dakota 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2.50 Cent - In Da Club 3. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot 4. Scissor Sisters - Filthy/Gorgeous 7:30 NEWSBEAT 5. Holly Valance - Kiss Kiss 6.Akon - Belly Dancer (Bananza) 7. Oasis - The Importance Of Being Idle 8:00 NEWSBEAT 8. Robbie Williams - Rock DJ 9. James Blunt - You're Beautiful 10. Daddy Yankee - Gasolina 8:30 NEWSBEAT 11. Michael Grey - The Weekend 12. Daniel Powder - Bad Day 13. Estelle - 1980 14. Embrace - Come Back To What You Know (Tedious Link) 15. Martin Solveig - Everybody 16. Craig David - All The Way 17. Studio B - I See Girls 18. The Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You 9:30 NEWSBEAT 19. 2Pac Feat. Elton John - Ghetto Gospel 20. Julie McKnight - Finally

Eye Eye

Chris is going nuts this morning, or at least his eyesight is. Only a few moments before the show, He's reading the paper and listening to Nemone when suddenly it all goes a bit blurry and now he can't even see the screen properly to see what he's doing, which is annoying - almost like he has just looked into a strong light. Except he hasn't, which is why it's so weird. I was disappointed there weren't a hoard of "Should have gone to specsavers" jokes - because I enjoy Dave's "You got to go dere" impression of an advert on over 2 years ago. Some people suggested on the text (even though Chris couldn't read them) that it's the early stages of a migraine - but that is quite clearly impossible when you consider that Chris is in fact a man. Although really it's just a technicality…

Chris: Call Scott, I'll have the day off
Dave: Too late - Scott's off as well today!
Chris: He's not gone blind as well has he?!

After the 7 o' Clock news though, Chris went all Scott Mills (such is his state of illness) and started talking to a caller to find out what was wrong with him - who again confirmed it was a migraine, even though he was a man. This caller had had a migraine a couple of weeks ago and it "scared the crap out of him" - which is great news for all of us, especially when the advice given to Chris was 'pop some pills and fall asleep'.

Chris was so worried he was going blind that he thought he was turning into Ray Charles and start singing soul classics, as any sane person would do. Dom wasn't so worried though, confirming that it would be a nice upside of the illness. Chris had his head in his hands all throughout the news as well - not because his illness has gotten to be that bad, but because Dom's news reading is appalling. Don't worry Dom - your news reading is a joy to listen to if you ask me (which nobody does). Lucky for Chris, and us (so we didn't have to be subjected to an extra few hours of Nemone), he felt better about 30 minutes after woods - claiming it's mind over matter in situations like this - not that he's a hippie or owt.

Other Stuff on today's show

(*) More BB Chat - Eugene is a genius. A Eugenius, as he would say. Dom is the self confessed Eugene of the Chris Moyles show, thanks to a cleverly edited clip. Chris thinks that Eugene is so good in clip form that he should do some more phone calls, much like the Cameron phone calls of 2 years ago.

(*) Carrie had a couple of Guess Who's this morning. Jimmy Hill was the first one, but Dave was annoyed when Carrie said that he hadn't played for a London Club, when he had infact played for Fulham. Fact. Dave Wins. Kris Akabusi was the second one, but Chris couldn't care less about that as he slowly lost the will to live hearing about this clearly a-list celeb packed day.

(*) Chris says that Mark Goodyear still does the voice overs for the Now CD's. It's currently on Now 61, which coincidently is his age.

(*) A Cricket-mungous competition to win 20-20 tickets. Pretty exciting, eh? Well if you like time being filled up with them talking about how to give the tickets away - there wasn't even a quiz - just a local radio "listen out for the noise" comp. Best part was Chris's keyboard remix of the BBC cricket theme, although a close second was the team choosing the actual noise to listen out for. "Good Shot Barry".

(*) A good set of links, as Chris offered Carrie a whopping £6 if she didn't fluff any of the remaining sports reports or intros that day - a tall order for anyone, especially since she had just fluffed a lot of lines in the previous bulletin. She clearly didn't head Chris's grandmothers advice of "not eating a poached egg sandwich before the news". She was fluffless at 8:30, but an hour later that wasn't the case. Although to be fair the only reason she lost was because she was distracted by Chris throwing things at her and Eugene interrupting her with his morse code.

(*) Today marked 8 years since Chris started at Radio 1 - but none of the team managed to remember! Congratulations Chris, from me and the rest of the team at ChrisMoyles.net! Although like Rachel suggests, there should be a plaque up so we don't forget. Claire from reception remembered though - as proved in her <s>just recorded by Aled 2 seconds before</s> specially recorded message

Chris: I'm surprised none of the management have come in to congratulate me. The phones are ringing now, probably to give me their best wishes
Dave: Either that or they want to play Carpark Catchphrase

Tedious Link - More tedious links on MC's Page here, with a bundle of tedious trivia.

Zero 7 Destiny - If you add an apostrophe, S and "Child" to the end of Destiny you get "Destiny's Child", who are from Texas like George W Bush - "Bush" is the name of the band fronted by Gavin Rossdale, who is married to Gwen Stefani - Gwen Stefani has the same initials as Gordon Sumner, who's better known as Sting - "Sting" is a word you'd associate with bees and wasps - Wasps are more prevalent in the summer - "Summer Loving" was one of the tracks on the soundtrack to the movie "Grease", which starred Olivia Newton John and John Travolta - John Travolta is a big fan of Flying Planes and is a fully qualified pilot - The word "pilot" is almost an anagram of "tulip", which is the national flower of the Netherlands - The Netherlands are also known as Holland, and people who come from there are called "Dutch", and are generally very liberal and broad minded, and proud of their Dutch heritage, which involved lots of cheese, canals and windmills - Windmills were traditionally located next to water, and in that respect share something in common with lighthouses - Lighthouses are crucial in the world of navigation, for preventing ships from running aground on rocks, which can quite literally "come out of knowhere" - and "From Out Of Knowhere" is the title of the current album from Embrace - Which links us to a bit of classic Embrace action, Embrace and Come Back To What You Know

Carpark Catchphrase

James (2) beat
Ian (0)

Mini Moyles Update

Here's what the team have been up to on today's mini moyles…

Chris awaited the delivery of all his new stuff a lawnmower, vacuum cleaner, iron and personal grooming product.
Dave went to see a man about a dog.
Dom perused the hi-fi shops for some speakers for his lounge. Carrie slept and Rachel and Dave attempted to run.
And Aled is in Blackpool find out why tomorrow

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9867">>Thursday 28th July - What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up