The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Stereophonics - Dakota 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. Christina Aguilera - Dirrty 3. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc 4. DJ Sammy - Why 5. Ice Cube - You Can Do It 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. Superman Lovers - Starlight 7. Kaiser Chiefs - Everyday I Love You Less And Less 8. Gwen Stefani - Rich Girl 9. Bizarre - Rockstar 8:00 NEWSBEAT 10. U2 - City Of Blinding Lights 11. Jay Z - 99 Problems 12. Kasabien - Processed Beats 8:30 NEWSBEAT 13. Jamiroquai - Feels Just Like It Should 14. The Coral - In The Morning 15. The White Stripes - Blue Orchid 16. Blur - The Universal (Tedious Link) 17. The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With Heart 18. Beck - Girl 19. Mario - Let Me Love You 9:30 NEWSBEAT 20. The Darkness - I Believe In A Thing Called Love 21. The Game ft. 50 Cent - Hate It Or Love It

Day whatever-it-is in the Big Brother house, and the show goes into BB overload after Chris's appearance on BBLB with Dermot yesterday. That's being followed up by Dermot on the show today. Every BB fans dream. Unfortunately I'm not a BB fan this series. OK, I've tried to get into it and did watch the first week or so then lost interest. Consequently, this is going to have to be one of my shorter reviews because I don't really want to transcribe in detail something I don't quite understand (and the show really was BB packed today). But I'll try my best, so just bare with me.

Chris on BBLB and Dermot pops in

So Chris went to Big Brother yesterday and commented that all the housemates were smaller than he would have thought from seeing them on TV. This makes a change from his usual thought that the house was smaller than it appears on tv, although of course this time Chris has already spent time in the house before the show started, which is probably why this traditional thought didn't enter his head on this occasion. One of the cameramen in the run where Chris was had the simple solution though - Chris has been watching in widescreen which makes people look bigger (and presumably wider) than the actually are. I was going to do a "Chris on Widescreen" joke, but I think that's a little unfair.

As for the Dermot interview, it wasn't anything too special - just the general celeb schmaltz. It wasn't exclusive BB chat, there was a bit of a talk of his show on "fogey station" Radio 2 - the young buck of the station in fact. He said that apparently Wogan swore in the advert for Radio 2, but everything comes out of Terry's mouth is great (Chris thought that that may have been going somewhere totally different at the start of the sentence). Dermot was impressed that Chris didn't talk over the record at the end of tedious link, which prompted a great local DJ impression where they talk over the end of the record, to tell you how much they…err…love the end of the record.

That was basically it, no great moments, but nothing particularly boring either. He did have an extended stay and joined in Carpark Catchphrase, but that was nowhere near as exciting as it may sound to some of you.

Other Stuff on Today's Show

(*) Former sports gal Jools has seen U2 and sent Dom a video clip of them in concert. Dom can't go though. Cue barrage of texts of people who have seen U2 (starting their message with the word Dom of course). Chris tried to cheer him up with his great Bono impression. Unfortunately even that isn't enough. Lucky someone sent in a sole pair of tickets, from a record company - but who will get them Dom or Chris? Dave has a good idea - doing the U2 Quiz from the afternoon show, with first person to get one wrong out. Dom lost on a cruel birthday question - surprisingly good radio. Chris got so angry with the rowing though that he tore the tickets up so nobody was going to go. Or were they? In a bizarre twist, they were actually photocopies and Chris was going to send Dom all along. All together now…"Awwwww"

(*) Some new summery type jingles. I cant be bothered to type them up though. One was basically just "Summer Lovin'" from Grease.

(*) More from the hilarious <s>True or False</s> One-Opoly competition.

Tedious Link [Click Here for all this weeks Links and more]

Blink 182 All The Small Things - Blink is what you might be forced to do if you got a bit of grit in your eye - "Eye Of The Tiger" was a 1982 hit for Survivor, and was taken from the sountrack to Rocky starring "Slyvester Stallone" - Slyvester Stallone's mother Jackie was a guest on the last series of Celebrity Big Brother, along with Bez - Bez was a non musical member of the Happy Mondays, who were fronted by Shaun Ryder, who then went on to form Black Grape - The black grape will often contain a seed - If you add the word "lightning" to the front of seed you get "Lightning Seeds" who had a 1992 hit with "The Life Of Riley" - Riley first name Lisa used to be in Emmerdale, which is where you'd now find Patsy Kensit, who used to be in Lethal Weapon 2 - Lethal Weapon 2 also starred Mel Gibson and Danny Glover - If you swap the G of Glover for a C you get "clover", which is a type of spread - Spread is what you might put on toast for breakfast - Breakfast is apparently the most important meal of the day and can consist of anything from bacon and eggs to fruit or cereal, such as cornflakes or All Bran - and All Bran is an anagram of "All barn" - Albarn of course, first name Damon, being the lead singer of Blur - Which links us to Blur and The Universal

Carpark Catchphrase
Ollie (2) beat
Dan (1)

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9619">>Thursday 16th June- What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]