The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
RHCP- Can't Stop; NEWSBEAT; The Coral- In The Morning; Amerie- 1 Thing; Basement Jaxx- You Don't Know Me; NEWSBEAT; Shakedown- At Night; Gwen/Glenn Stefani- Hollaback Girl/; Bizzare- Rockstar; NEWSBEAT; Franz Ferdinand- Take Me Out; Jamiroquai- Feels Just Like It Should; White Stripes- Blue Orchid; Usher- Yeah; NEWSBEAT; Eric Prydz- Call On Me; U2- City Of Blinding Lights; Snoop & JT- Signs; TEDIOUS LINK; Foo Fighters- Best Of You; MVP- Rock Your Body; Bodyrockers- I Like The Way; NEWSBEAT; Coldplay- What If; BEP- Don't Phunk With My Heart; AudioBully's- Shoot You Down

Big Brother

Another Chris Moyles show begins on another grey Friday, and Big Brother's still the talk of the town, as is the newly crowned Celebrity Big Brother Island- it's reality telly gone mad! (Not that we didn't know that at all). Also a great usage of the word 'fab', by Mr. Comedy Dave is witnessed within the an early show segway, which impressed me no end.

Ankle
Following this, more Chris' ankle chat ensues, because it's not been sorted, shock horror. But he's had some ankle advice from his ankle uncle, so it's all ok. There's even going to be an on-air ankle examination! Which will be almost as bad as King Of Tickets. Back to the BB chat, which I'll skim over 'cos I have little interest in it myself- some of the inmates- I mean, housemates have been having a bit of a barney, which is to be expected. Also apparently, Kemal is Andy Peters' complete double (but he doesn't wear stilleto's), so there you go- and last night, he (as in Kemal) had a fight with * Lad, as disucssed later in the show.

Spain

Dave's off to Spain tonight (as in the country), as his cousin's getting married there- how inconsiderate. I've never been to Spain before myself, but both Chris and Dave sound incredibly enthusiastic about the whole thing. We learn of the entirety of Dave's travel plans- fascinating stuff. Divebombing seagulls, monkies and Gibraltar are all covered (so to speak) in a short space of time. Somehow, Judge Jules also becomes the subject of conversation, how cool and fashionable he is, and the monkies he keeps behind his desk.

"Like a prawn salad, you're on a roll,"- just one of the many Judge Jules-isms, along with something about custard. Beautiful. "Pounding like the British currency." "Like Domestos, we're bleaching it up." Need I go on.....well, they did.
Chris has also been on another photoshoot, but he can't say what for; but he has had a fetching hair cut that makes him look a lil' bit slow.

Plans for the night & Carrie story

Chris, however, has his own plans for tonight- he's off out for a birthday, and as for Dom, he's going to the racing next week- so is the exiciting life of the Chris Moyles team. Carrie's off to her her boyfriends (ooooooh)- Chris knows a great story about her, but he's not allowed to tell. Or is he? Something about being tired and emotional. But wait, Dom and Dave's story is a different one- but they can't tell that. it's about someone else, and that would be rude, to tell. Glenn's song gets another airing after a short rest, and Chris lets us know he's available for parodies for anyone- and I'm sure he'll be snapped up in an instant after they heart Glenn's tune. It has a history apparently, an amazing story.
More realuty chat, with some comparisons between Carrie and Abi being made. Chat then moves onto Abi's enhanced boobs, and how real or un-real they look. I'm surprised they didn't thrown in their dimensions, just for good measure.

Pot Noodles

Pot Noodle chat ensues- I myself can understand where Dom's coming from, because I too am a PN fan. Even though he's a veggie, he still manages to consume the Beef and Tomato variety- because it's only beer flavouring! And, you can now encorperate the great taste into a traditional pastie- a student dream- all in the shape of a big horn. And what's more, it's alright. Should have called it a Hornish Pastie, as one keen listener pointed out- brilliant. Andi Peters (still a TV legend) is on the phone next, defending the BB Kemal accusations, but only serves to prove that he is in fact Kemal, or at least his non-biological twin brother. In exchange for the weekly plug for ToTP (which would have happened anyway), he goes through a range of phrases, proving himself to be in fact Derek, who is apparently BB's resident toff.

Coldplay Kareoke- or is it?

After Franz Ferdinand's tune is played with Chris singing along 'sweetly' over the top, we find out how many stupid people fell for it, and managed to confuse it with Coldplay Kareoke- a surprising amount, scarily enough. Just because they share the same name, doesn't mean they're the same person though, Joe Public. Sadly enough, it was all women who phoned in- including one that asks Chris, 'Who are you?'- and fell for it, too. But then again, Chris and Dave do have a strong lady following. Later on in the link, we hear the odd message on Dave's work message machine from some strange American man, offering him to go on a leisurely cruise for an icnredibly reasonable price. Has Dave's number been revealed to the outside world? Probably not, because it seems Dave's not the only one who's recieving these disturbing messages from random Americans- including plenty of advice not to press 9.

The real Chris Martin is on next, singing along to Eric Prydz and Call On Me- helping Ashley from Oldham, who's favourite radio station is oh god, without a doubt Radio 1, to win Coldplay tickets in the Coldplay Kareoke competition, so congrats to him for spotting the right Chris! In the other competition of the day, tickets were being given away to see the Women's Euro 2005 England team get hot and sweaty on the footie pitch- one for the blokes there, I would assume.

Tedious Link

Not a seamless Tedious Link today, because Dave was wrong about Star Wars, so there. Vernon didn't even bother to phone in too (shame), because that Tedious Track was just for him- oh wait, he's in LA, doing his new show. So they decide to text him instead, because of the time difference, of course. BB Aled's back next, with a warm welcome- he's going to the eviction tonight, and he hopes it's Mary out, Craig in- just to jazz up the press conference (I'm guessing Mary's quite an interesting character). Ideas are thrown around for eviction interview tactics, and questions are forwarded. Goodness knows how many more weeks of that to look forward to, sadly.

CPC & some other stuff

Dom has issues with Chris' pronounciation of 'phunk' after the BEP track gets an airing- he's got a cold, poor boy, so it's a silent 'n', naturally. But he almost says the naughty word. This is swiftly followed by Carpark Catchphrase, and more Friday fun, as Dom again puts it. It's Phil v Paolo with Phil suceeding, and that puts an end to another Friday show on national radio 1. Goodbye!

Show is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/dow[…]