The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Kasabian - Processed Beats 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb 3. The Game Ft. 50 Cent - Love It Or Hate It 4. Max Graham vs. Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart 5. Keane - Everybody's Changing 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love? 7. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong 8. DJ Sammy - Why 9. U2 - City Of Blinding Lights 8:00 NEWSBEAT 10. Amerie- One Thing 11. Shapeshifters - Lola's Theme 12. Good Charlotte- Chronicles Of Life And Death 8:30 NEWSBEAT 13. Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head 14. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc 15. Jem - Just A Ride 16. Kaiser Chiefs - Everyday I Love You Less & Less 17. Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime (Tedious Link) 18. The Coral - In The Morning 19. John Legend - Ordinary People (Johnny Douglas Edit) 20. Studio B - I See Girls 9:30 NEWSBEAT 21. Royksopp - Eple 22. Oasis - Lyla 23. Basement Jaxx - U Don't Know Me

First off, apologies for the lack of a Thursday review last week. As I mentioned in my last review two weeks back I was off on my holidays last week and was unable to do it. Cover was arranged but whoever volunteered to do it never followed through. Anyway, like Mike Skinner, Dry your eyes as I'm back now, for what I would describe as one of the best shows I've heard in a while. If this is the first review you have ever read - or likewise if this is the first review you have read in 6 months then there is probably a reason why. Yep, Chris mentioned the site in what seems like the first time in ages. It was quite late on in the show (During Half Time) but took up most of the show. Despite that though I might as well cover that first then all of you non-regular show review readers can skip the rest of the entertaining info like the score on Carpark Catchprase.

The Big Chrismoyles.net Mention

So it all started when Chris started the ball rolling post-tedious/pre-half time when Chris was reading Dom's bio here on our site Located Here if you somehow can't work the sites simple navigation system. He was testing Dom on what exactly he had said to the questions asked to him - such as what would he put on the playlist (more Folk). Chris then went on to name check the site, and say that it's had over 1 million hits since 1998. Come on Chris, be fair…since 1999 - it's clearly labelled and everything. Dom's page however had only 4000 hits (over 3000 extra since the mention over 6 hours ago). Chris thinks the pic featured on the page is very suave. See what you think…

Dave though think he looks a bit simple on his - and I can't say I disagree Mr. Vitty…

As for Chris though, he doesn't want his pics to be seen as he considerately doesn't want the site to crash. How nice of him. I'd post some up here, but I don't want this review to be a massive gallery of team photos, even though that would be an attractive prospect. Instead, why not visit the gallery yourself?

Then they mentioned Chris Harris who runs the site (if you didn't know), and questioned weather he is bored of the show (Well, perhaps if you mentioned the site a bit more…!), since he "sub-contracts" a lot of the work out to people like me to do the reviews and profiles - like Rachel - are apparently out of date. They look fine to me, but then again I would say that. Then followed the traditional attempt to crash the site - a Moyles World mention wouldn't be the same without one. I'd just like to say thanks to the team for the mention, it's defiantly appreciated by all who input into the site in various ways. A mention a bit more regularly wouldn't go down a miss though!

Dom's Interview, DJ Dinner and Other Stuff on Today's Show

So after all that, lets go right back to the start of the show - and once again the team are really tired after the DJ Dinner last night at Radio 1. Dave went to bed at 12, which naturally Chris thinks is a disgrace. Dave doesn't seem quite the rebel that he is initially made out to be though when it's mentioned that Chris *allegedly* went to bed just after 2 and only woke up half an hour before the show. Apparently there aren't many stories to be told from this usually thriving bedrock of gossip, as JK and Joel were kept on a "short leash". What about the traditional Colin Murray story though? Was he teetotalling or something?

Because Chris was a bit late in though it gave him a chance to catch what all the early morning people do, which he doesn't usually notice - even when he has been late before. He concluded that it must have been because it was light that it was more noticeable than before - he even noticed the weather, which Dom proceeded to note down for his report in the 7:30 edition of newsbeat. Of course it was snowing with massive hailstones. Dave's not one to miss out on all this weather analysis though, and it lead to one of the best single lines in the show that I have heard for a while:

Dave: It was wet where I woke up this morning

Another great interview from Dom today - Tommy Lee from Motley Crue (as they have their Greatest Hits coming out sometime soon) was the recipient of the unique questions this time round, with some unique answers to boot. Fortunatly for Dom, Tommy didn't take his trousers down though, as that, as Dave suggested, would have been a far more adult version of Dick & Dom. Anyway, you know the interviews going to get off to a flyer (when you're a listener anyway) when you discover that the interviewee has had a few bottles of the ol' Dizzy Water, and it's not yet 11 in the morning. It all kicked off with the traditional Olive question - Dom though potentially put his foot in it when he mentioned he didn't know Tommy was Greek. Lucky for everyone concerned he didn't give a f*** - this isn't Alan Sugar Dom's dealing with now.

Tommy also apparently has a massive…tongue, so it was only fair that Dom brought a slice of tongue-based fun to the interview with some tongue twisters. "Ken Dodd's Dad's dog's dead" was the legendary twister chosen, and did prove difficult for old Tommy, especially after he had consumed much of the aforementioned tipple prior to the interview. Needless to say though, this impressed Tommy, so much so that he's now going to check out the back catalogue of Mr. Dodd. Dom also asked since Tommy and Comedy Dave were both drummers, was there anything he could do that Dave can't. Answer:- "F*** Pamela Anderson". Genius.

Also…
(*) More BB chat - Chris has clips of all the housemates. He remixes Derricks "Oh Ah" into Gina G. Another No.1 on their hands perhaps?
(*) Chris tries to ring a taxi, but gets Zippy…Long Story. Dave however met Fred Flintstone - well he sung Yabba Dabba Do all the way home.

(*) Chris is going to be in the Radio Times with Jonathan Ross, Terry Wogan and John Humphries. In fact there was even a new jingle to celebrate, which is as follows…

Chris Moyles has done a photoshoot, for the Radio Times,
With lots of Radio Legends, so lets hope this jingle rhymes,
Terry Wogan, Michael Burke and even Jonathan Ross,
But they all know the golden rule, that Moyles is the Boss,
The Chris Moyles Show, National Radio 1

(*)DJ Sammy's new record sucks according to Chris and sounds like a remix of an Annie Lenox track.
(*)Dom used to be in a band called Guttermouth, he was so good he was featured in the (now defunct) music mag, Melody Maker. He even played a bit of one of his old songs on a guitar found upstairs.

Tedious Link
Salt-N-Pepa - 'Push It' - Push it is what you might be forced to do if your car had broken down - down is one of two directional options in a lift - the past tense of lift is lifted which was a hit for The Lighthouse Family - A Lighthouse is a place you would find by the sea - Sealions are very intelligent creatures who can balance balls on the head - Head is a word you would associate with shoulders, where shoulders rhyme with boulders which can be a hazard during an avalanche - the plural of avalanche is avalanches was a top 18 hit in 2001 for Frontier Psychiatrist - a Psychiatrist is who you would go and see if people thought you were mental - 'Mental as Anything' were an Australian band who had a 1986 hit with 'Live it up' which featured on the soundtrack to the film Crocodile Dundee - Dundee has a river called the Tay - Tay rhymes with Hay which is highly flammable, therefore it's easy to burn - Byrne (albeit spelt differently) links the surname of baldy newsreader Dom and Singer Songwriter David from Talking Heads which links us to Talking Heads - 'Once In A Lifetime'

Carpark Catchprase
Leyton (0) lost to
Nick (2)

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=179268">>Thursday 2nd June- What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up