The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
Playlist

1: The Caesars – Jerk It Out, 2: Black Eyed Peas – Don’t Phunk With My Heart, 3: Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous, 4: Gadjo – So Many Times, 5: Christina Milian – Dip It Low, 6: Kaiser Chiefs – Everyday I Love You Less And Less, 7: Natasha Bedingfield – These Words, 8: Tupac – Ghetto Gospel, 9: The Game feat. 50 Cent – Hate It Or Love It, 10: Muse – Time Is Running Out, 11: Max Graham vs. Yes – Owner Of A Lonely Heart, 12: Dom – Is This The Way To Istanbul, 13: White Stripes – Blue Orchid, 14: Cam’ron – Hey Ma, 15: Coldplay – Speed Of Sound, 16: Neneh Cherry – Buffalo Stance (tedious), 17: Amerie – One Thing, 18: Stereophonics – Superman, 19: Oasis – Lyla, 20: Basement Jaxx – You Don’t know Me, 21: Mylo – In My Arms

The team in the Big Brother House

Yesterday the team spent 2 and a half hours in the Big Brother house, just being “kinda locked in” and experiencing the experience. Chris explained how Rachel’s laugh began irritating him the minute they walked through the door, and Aled remarked that the team “had their allegiances in the first 15 minutes”. The team, then - not superhuman, in fact just like the societal rejects that take part in reality TV.

Surprisingly enough, not much was said about the Big Brother experience. Maybe it wasn’t as exciting as they’d hoped. In any case, it’s all talked about on the Radio 1 site, and therefore it’s unnecessary for me to talk about it here, I reckon.

Big Brother is great though.

James Nesbitt being disarmingly nice

Ooh, he’s a lovely man, James Nesbitt. I’ve always said it. He can look a bit swarthy at times, I admit, a bit like a pirate maybe, but he seems really very lovely. And his nice Irishness was nice to wake up to today (though I am lucky enough to have even nicer Irishness to wake up to, hurrah!). Anyway anyway. Today James Nesbitt was a guest on the show, that’s what I’m getting at.

The main aim of Nesbitt’s presence was to promote his new film, “Millions”, and the new run of “Murphy’s Law” on BBC1. “Millions” is apparently about a freckly boy who finds a bundle of money and thinks it’s from his dead mummy in Heaven, but it is in fact related to a big Euro-related scam crime fandango. Anyway, the boy thinks that his mummy has sent him the money to do good things for poor people, because she’s become a saint. Even that synopsis brings a tear to my mildly hormonal female eye. It will break you all. “Murphy’s Law” is, as everyone knows, about a renegade cop who doesn’t do things by the rules but man alive does he get results. But then again, isn’t every cop drama nowadays. Does no legal person do anything by the book anymore? Freeform policing, all over the shop.

Amusing things in the interview included Chris asking Nesbitt “Have you ever played a character where you haven’t lost a wife?” and telling him he’d make “a great gay”. Nesbitt then did an impression of Steve Coogan doing an impression of Frank Spencer, and revealed that he didn’t taste avocado until he was 30 years old. That’s a sad state of affairs, avocado is super.

The avocado shocker led to discussion of olives and houmous and the difficulty associated with achieving oneself a Caramac bar in today’s marketplace. And all of this led to James Nesbitt telling an average joke, which may have only amused me because it was told by him:

“What sort of biscuits fly?”
“Wee plain ones”

The show finished with James Nesbitt (what exactly is one supposed to call him? I don’t feel happy calling him Jimmy) sending his first e-mail ever, live on air. He struggled to actually hit send, it seems, but he got there in the end, and the event was met with whoops of joy from Chris and Dave, and it was funny.

Car Park Catchphrase

Wayne, a lorry driver in High Wycombe vs Gareth, a guffawing fire protection officer from Derry.

I didn’t actually hear what the catchphrases were today, being as I was in the post office trying to explain how I needed ten lots of 75p in stamps, and not actually 10 x 75p stamps, because I know they don’t exist, yes I know, I KNOW. Christ.

The most notable thing about today’s CPC was Gareth (who laughed, quite clearly, like a duck) hanging up on Chris before Chris could hang up on him, twice. This led to Chris getting all wound up like a girl, and demanding that they call Gareth back just so that he could hang up on him. Made Chris seem like a big old fanny, I reckon.

James Nesbitt said that Gareth was very “thran”, which I have since found out means awkward. Love a regional slang.

Nuggets

Chris: Paris Hilton isn’t sexy – her stupidity outweighs how she looks. Sam Fox “looks like a van”.

James Nesbitt describing Marco from last year’s Big Brother as “your wee gay bald man”

PS: I know that this review is a meandering, incomplete and mildly hysterical mess, but I have exams coming up and my mind is not fully on the task in hand, and thus meandering, incomplete and mildly hysterical is the best you’ll get from me at the moment. So ner.

Tuesday show is up