The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Deepdish - Flashdance 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out Of My Head 3. Foo Fighters - Best Of You 4. Max Graham vs Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart 5. Ashanti - Only You 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. Jamiroquai - Feels Just Like It Should 7. Travis - Flowers In The Window 8. Riot Act - California Soul 8:00 NEWSBEAT 9. The Darkness - Growing On Me 10. The Game - Hate It Or Love It 11. KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World 8:30 NEWSBEAT 12. Joss Stone - Super Duper Love 13. The Bravery - Fearless 14. Oasis - Lyla 15. The Charlatans - North Country Boy (Tedious Link) 16. Glen Steffani - Heavin' That Girl (Moyles Parody) 17. Gwen Steffani - Hollaback Girl 18. Good Charlotte - The Chronicles Of Life And Death 19. Ciera - One, Two Step 9:30 NEWSBEAT 20. Mousse T - Is It Cos I'm Cool? 21. The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It 22. Praise Cats ft. Andrea Love - Shined On Me

It's just before Seven and the Radio 1 studios are already basked in wonderful sunlight - at least if your name is Nemone who's hippy producer has bought her a crap fluorescent light which makes it seem like daytime apparently. Chris says it's highly unimpressive. Dave though thinks it's a useful addition to break up the monotonous early breakfast. Of course he means the hour rather than the show (doesn't matter Dave, we all know what you really meant). 5 minutes in and already a comment that'll cheese someone off. A bit slow off the mark today, only takes 1 usually.

Big Brother and Soccer 6

Two main themes dominate throughout the show today - Big Brother (setting the tone for the next 12 or so weeks then) and the upcoming Soccer 6 tournament on Sunday. First though there was some inane chat about Celebrity Love Island. Again another show I haven't seen (once again making me seriously think if I'm actually supposed to be in the target audience for this show) and some guy called Paul Danan - he's been trying to get off with Abi Titmuss. Chris thinks that when Paul gets back they should try and make Carrie go out with him since they both have a fake posh-bird esq accent. Although to be fair Carrie should make an appearance on the love island herself as, lets face it, she's more famous than Fran "That one out of I'm a Celebrity" Cosgrove.

Soon matters turned to a more interesting topic - namely Soccer 6 and Chris's quest to retain Radio 1's glorious day at the tournament last year. He asked Dom and Carrie if they were coming along to cheer the team to glory - Dom said he wasn't sure (which blatantly means no) and Carrie said that she should be able to make it. This wasn't enough for Chris though, he wanted her to create a ladies team for the station to double the chances of glory (and also double Chris's chances of pulling no doubt). Chris's fantasy team would include Carrie, Rachel "Chopper" Jones (she's very good in defence) and Joce as well. Laura from Scott Mills is up for it, and she might even play football too. To complete the line up - Aled….might know some names as well.

After 8 is when the big news of the day really came though - yet again involving a tv show. This time it's everybody's favourite (?) reality tv show. Nope, not celebrity love island again, but Big Brother. But what exactly is this massive announcement? Sounds like the perfect excuse for some tense music : -

Aled: What's the cue again? I've forgotten
Chris: Just Nod
Aled: Nod
Chris: You don't say the word Nod

Aled usually gets to look round the house with a bunch of journos before the competition each year, for a bit of a preview. This year, however, it's slightly different as this year the whole team have been invited to have a nosey round before anyone else. They'll be treated as housemates for a few hours with a proper task, eviction and diary room and everything. It was going to be whole day, but Aled can't live without his mobile phone for that long. Dave didn't like that idea though and proposed that they should indeed spend the whole day there, and maybe the whole night and do the following day's show from there. Not Rachel though who didn't even want to go at all. For once it sounds like it should be quite a laugh. It's all being filmed, but presumably won't be on tv. Unfortunately it wasn't to be, as Big Brother has to make alterations after they leave, so it will only be 2 hour. Hopefully there will be some clips online though. It's happening next Tuesday I think, so tune in late next week to get the full story. Odds on that Rachel is the first one to cry in the diary room then…

Other Stuff On Today's Show
(*) Favourite supermarkets. Chris has more reasons to shop at Morrsions, but Aled thinks that's a bit below him and shops at Sainsburys. Chris can't pack fast enough when he's on his own though. Dom likes to self-scan when he goes to his local.
(*) Surely that "Owner of a lonely hart" song could just be anyone putting a dance beat over the original. Coming soon - Comedy Dave Vs Yes.
(*)Freddy Lumberg has extremely un-manly "Erm"s
(*) The team try to convince Rachel to eat some of the new Star Wars Chocolate that they've been sent. She eventually gives in, with some hilarious quotes for Chris to add to his collection for the rest of the team - including "If I have to have a nibble" and "I could just have Dave's end".
(*) Rachel says "Eh, Dirty Boy" from Scott Mills as someone on his show thought they sound alike.
(*) Different football clubs goal celebrations - there are some fat kids at Bolton who wave flags which Dave thinks are brilliant.
(*) Aled (or at least his head) is on 24 in the US of A on Monday…maybe.
(*) Chris wants Longman to play in Soccer 6 - he's quality.

Tedious Link
Now traditionally stolen from MC's Tedious Link Page. He puts a lot of work into it, so visit it for all this weeks links

A Tribe Called Quest Can I Kick It? - The first voice you hear on the start of Can I Kick It? is that of Mr Pete Tong - Pete Tong is the only man who can officially start the weekend - The weekend in this country consists of the days Saturday and Sunday, thus proving my theory that the first day of the week is Monday, fact - If you add "Manic" to the front of Monday you get "Manic Monday", which was a big hit for The Bangles and preceded their follow-up hit "Walk Like An Egyptian" - The most famous Egyptian after Tutankhamun and Cleopatra is probably Mohammed Al Fayed, who owns Fulham - Fulham play their home matches at the newly redeveloped Craven Cottage - "Cottage" is a word associated with cheese - Cheese is a product which should be avoided or treated with great care by those suffering from a dairy allergy - Other well known allergies include nut and pollen, with the latter being responsible for the condition we know as hayfever - Hayfever can make your eyes water, as can onions - Onions are grown in the ground and can be red or white, a bit like wine - Wine is made from grapes, which like all fresh fruit and vegetables, are good for a healthy diet and the prevention of nasty things like scurvy and tuberculosis - Tuberculosis is referred to in medical circles by the abbreviation "TB", which is also the initials of Tim Burgess from The Charlatans - Which links us to The Charlatans and North Country Boy

Carpark Catchphrase
Charlie (0) lost to
Stuart (2)

That's it from me for two weeks now, as next week I'm off on holiday. If you want to fill in for one day only - weather you have reviewing experience or not - check out This Link. Best of luck to whoever does it!

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9488">>Thursday 19th May- What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>

Tuesday show is up