The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
Basement Jaxx- Oh My Gosh; NEWSBEAT; Gwen Stefani- Hollaback Girl; Usher- Yeah; Mylo- In My Arms; Robbie Williams- Rock DJ; NEWSBEAT; The Strokes- 12.51; Snoop Dogg feat. Justin Timberlake- Signs; Jamiroqui- Space Cowboy (live in session); NEWSBEAT; Destiny's Child- Bootylicious; White Stripes- Black Orchid; Amerie- 1 Thing; TEDIOUS LINK; The Game feat. 50 Cent- Hate It Or Love It; The Magic Numbers- Forever Lost; Bodyrockers- I Like The Way You Move; NEWSBEAT; The Killers- Smile Like You Mean It; Kelis- Milkshake; Oasis- Lyla

Apologies for a brief review!

Today's possibly unlucky show begins with lots of rowdiness as it becomes apparent the team are still at Jay Kay's house! And very hungover/drunk. We're all fooled until Chris reveals that they're actually not, and are really safe and sound in the Radio 1 studios in London- and to boot, not in trouble, which is good. The gag was so convincing and we were all taken in- well, except those who heard Spoony's show last night, with a guest appearance from none other than Comedy Dave.

After some Star Wars talk due to the premiere ticket giveaway later, there's a footie ticket giveaway for Southampton v Man U ("It's a give away a go go!") which are won by Mark Lawrence, Deano Fleming and Andrew someone. Well done to them!

Again talk to turns to Star Wars, with talk of Boba 'Robert' Fete, or Buba ala Forrest Gump, and various other names to which Chris can't deal with- they're an integral part of the story, don't you know. They've also got 56- that's right, 56 Star Wars figures from the new Revenge Of The Sith movie to giveaway to all you Star Wars geeks out there. The tickets from the film's premiere and figures are eventually given away to Rachel who answers the qualifying question- Which character is first to speak in Star Wars; A New Hope? (answer C3P0) and plays a scintilating game of Star Wars In Thier Eyes (you see what they did there).

Ray Stubbs is on next with footie talk and the usual amiable banter and predictions, followed by Tedious Link (seamless? you decide- blatantly not) and talk of film stars appearing on the, ahem Internet- half time ramble sees the team talking about Internet Movie Database (IMDB), and finding that Chris and indeed Dave are featured. Then Vernon Kay (god help us all) drops by, possibly to try and boost his radio profile, or more than likely because he too is featured on the almighty IMDB- and yes, he is in Shaun of The Dead (which is a class film, so lucky him). He also gives us a sneak preview of the Hit Me Baby One More Time line-up, and doesn't seem to want to go away.

Chris owes Jo Whiley some money for that damn Akon bet (she's always charging him), and Rachel's walked in with those stinking biscuits again- well it's better than her breath. Chris then proceeds to play that Oasis 'Wonderwall' parody (the squeaky voiced one), including the unforgettable line 'The real issue is asthma,' which makes me and indeed Comedy Dave laugh every time (we could be the only two, though).

The show ends in the usual style with another high pitched "Good morning carpark faaaaans!", and Carpark Catchphrase. It's Cheryle from Canada v Cat from the slightly less exotic Nottingham. Winning catchphrases were;

Beggars can't be choosers;
Money for old rope

Both were guessed by Cat, although after a hell of a lot of confusion over the second one, seeing them nearly heading into dumbsville, assuming they weren't there already. Rounding off the show with a short exchange (ahem) with Jo Whiley about her pair, that was the end of another Moyles Friday.