The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Gwen Steffani - What You Waiting For 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. The Ceasers - Jerk It Out 3. Basement Jaxx - Oh My Gosh 4. Eminem - Mockingbird 7:30 NEWSBEAT 5. Akon - Lonely 6. Keiser Chiefs - Oh My God 7. Max Graham vs Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart 8:00 NEWSBEAT 8. Foo Fighters - Best Of You 9. Jamiroquai - Feels Just Like It Should 10. The Game feat. 50 Cent - Hate It Or Love It 11. Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams 8:30 NEWSBEAT 12. Lemar - Dance With You 13. The Coral - In The Morning 14. OutKast - The Way You Move 15. The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It 16. Kasabian - L.S.F (Tedious Link) 17. The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With MY Heart 18. Riot Act - California Soul 19. KT Tunstill - Black Horse And The Cherry Tree 9:30 NEWSBEAT 20. Faithless - Insomnia 21. Athlete - Half Light 22. Rooster - So Right For Me

This morning there was a bucketload of chat about the tv show "The Apprentice" again. Once again the team seem to be borderline obsessed with a show that I don't watch - perhaps I'm moving out of their target audience. Or likewise they just could be missing the target audience all together. Either way Dom's interview was enough to keep me interested so I'll forgive them this time…

Dom meets Sir Alan Sugar and Chris & Rachel fall out

So before Dom's interview was played out, there was a chat about the show itself, as it was the final last night - where Sir Alan himself chose the winner who would be his new apprentice - hence the title of the show. At least there would have been some chat about it if it weren't for a few people who had taped the show and not watched it yet - thus not wanting to be spoiled. Namely Andi Peters.

Dave found this annoying as, technically speaking, they could go on about not spoiling it forever for those lazy people who might never actually get around to watching it. However Chris was mainly doing this for the aforementioned Mr. Peters who himself hadn't seen the show, but still wanted to tune in to Chris. To cleverly get around this, a clever spoiler warning system was adopted to warn all those lazy folk who hadn't tuned into the show. Well I say clever, they just played a claxon sound effect.

Soon after bits I wasn't too interested in (mainly about where it was filmed) Dom started giving some background info to the interview and how he felt it went for him. Dom didn't really get off to the best of starts - he said that Alan seemed displeased at Dom's appearance in his office, mainly for the fact that he didn't know that there was going to be an interview taking place. Even before that the Omens weren't so good when the interviewer before him came out and just whispered "Good Luck" to Dom. Needless to say it didn't go to well - instead of the PR woman winding Dom Up to finish the interview, Alan did it himself.

First off Dom asked about Longman's "Buttylicious" sandwich shop and how he could possibly expand it Alan Sugar Style. The basic advice was just to open another shop, but he had to think about all the extra people he would be paying. Obviously Sir Alan hadn't been told about Lyn who is already paid by Longman. Good advice, even though he clearly didn't care about Longman, since he didn't even care about the hilarious name of Buttylicious.

Next up was a chat about football with SAS (Sir Alan Sugar for the uninformed) and the Champions League match between Chelsea and Liverpool the night before. Dom asked if it was actually a goal and Sir Alan gave quite a reasonable answer - at last Dom thought he was making some headway. Alas, it was not to be - he kept with the football theme, asking if some money could be spent on Rachel's beloved Kiddy. There followed a short sharp "No" with no laughter at all (apart from Chris upon hearing the response). Dom'll be meeting Alan for dinner tonight, since it went so well - obviously.

During a brief chat about Sunderland - Chris said how proud he was that he'd done his mini detox and could finally have a drink tonight. Rachel though said that she might try and be off the drink all weekend, which Dave warned her against since she gets moody when she doesn't have a drink. She claimed that the boys do as well - bad move Rach as one of Chris's pet hates is people who say "So are you" as an argument. She then claimed this was a joke, which only served to annoy Chris further as he hates that argument as well. Rachel started to think she couldn't say anything at all and promptly didn't.

This was only the start of things to come though - during Half time, Chris called her the Mayor of Grumpsville, getting ready for her next grumpy final (as well as many other grumpy things that I can't be bothered to note down). When Chris asked her for a comment, there was non-forthcoming, thus prompting Dave to state that her and Chris should hug and make up. Chris wasn't up for it though, and Aled was upset comparing the awful situation with when Parents fall out. It really is that bad.

Dave: Come on give peace a chance
Rachel: I don't want any of that though
Chris: What do you want then?
Rachel: For you to be nice to me
Chris: I just was nice to you, you miserable old cow!

"Dave Anan" (as Dom Christened him) was the mediator as Chris just wasn't making any headway despite listening to a boring story about some Reggae album - he suggested the pair should just meet halfway and make up. Dom himself had a suggestion of a mouth kiss between the two - which was hilarious, if not slightly weird. Another proposal to end this feud also involved Dom - it was to "Slap the head of peace" - which I suppose is better than the traditional kicking of Aled.

Other Stuff on Today's Show

(*) Chris doesn't know the words to Hot Chocolate's "You Sexy thing"
(*) Dave is sick of Eminem going on about his Family
(*) Chris plays "Acorn" instead of Status Quo - how unfair.
(*) One Big Weekend Tickets are given away. Some people can't spell the word "Tickets" though.
(*) It's Election Day and Dom can't mention anything about the parties - except Birthday Parties.
(*) Aled's final guide to Sunderland. Everyone's Really excited about the one big weekend. They just can't wait to meet Chris Moyles and the team.
(*) Dom loves to drink on the train - only to be sociable and pass the time though - honest.
(*) Chris is late after some songs, so Dave panics and is now the DJ and presses every button going. This prompts the question, what does he do when On Air with Chappers - the answer Chappers drives the car and Dave just reads the map.
(*) What are Crab Apples for? Nothing according to Dave, just "lobbing". Dom says you can't eat them as their too acidic for your stomach. Carrie says that you can actually make Jam or Jelly out of it. Fact. Carrie Wins.

Tedious Link
Jamiroquai Space Cowboy - Space Cowboy was a hit in 1994, the same year that the World Cup was held in America - America is the home of Patrick Swayze and Billy Bob Thornton - Billy Bob Thornton used to go out with Angelina Jolie, who now goes out with Brad Pitt, whose just filed for divorce from Jennifer Aniston - Jennifer Aniston is of Greek descent, as is Nemone - Nemone is a good runner, as is Dwain Chambers - Chambers are found in a pistol - A pistol was the weapon of choice for highwaymen such as Dick Turpin - Turpintine is a type of white spirit - "Spirit In The Sky" has been a number one for three different artists, the first being Norman Greenbaum, before being covered by Dr. & The Medics, and then most recently Gareth Gates & The Kumars - The Kumars live at number 42 - 42 divided by 7 is 6, whilst 6 plus 4 is 10 - "Ten" was a film starring Bo Derek, who those horrible hair braids, a bit like that Michelle *chicken* bird who's all over OK magazine showing off her new fake boobs, because she obviously thinks she is a fox - The plural of fox is "foxes", which is the nickname of Leicester City - and Leicester City is the football club of choice for the band Kasabian - Which links us to Kasabian and L.S.F

(Where the link goes - nobody knows. If you want to know where it's been though - check MC's Tedious Link Page, which I've just copied and pasted this from)

Carpark Catchprase
Daz from Rudsly (?) (0) took on
Tom from East Insley (2)

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9417">>Thursday 5th May - What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>

Saturday show is up. It looks like the beginning […]