The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Stereophonics – Dakota 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. The Killers – Smile Like You Mean It 3. Chemical Brothers – Galvanise 4. The Game – Love It Or Hate It 5. Deepdish – Flashdance 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6.Phantom Planet – California 7.Jamelia – Superstar 8. KT Tunstall - Other Side Of The World 9. Freeloaders – So Much Love To Give 8:00 NEWSBEAT 10. Eminem – Mockingbird 11. Lemar – Dance With You 12. Weezer – Beverly Hills 13. Nelly/Christina Augilera – Tilt Ya Head 8:30 NEWSBEAT 14. Rooster – You’re So Right For Me 15. Destiny’s Child- Girl 16. The Bravery – Honest Mistake 17. Van Halen – Jump (Tedious Link) 18. Razorlight – Somewhere Else 19. Lil' Jon featuring Usher & Ludacris- Lovers And Friends / Get Low 20. Kaiser Chiefs – Oh My God 9:30 NEWSBEAT 21. The Darkness – Growing On Me 22. Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh 23. Athlete – Half Light

Sorry for the late and shortened review this week, like I said in the “preview”, I’ll be quit busy for the next few weeks so bare with me please!

So as the show starts up today – there’s a real life celebrity presenting. Don’t get too over-excited now people, but it’s Aled star of top hit US drama 24. How do Radio 1 get this top quality stars? Unfortunately for all you Aled fans, it’s not to be. Chris is still presenting, in fact it’s just a very clever attempt to cover the fact that Chris was running a bit late. Well it fooled me anyway.

With Aled’s nervous stint opening the show over, it’s down to some real business, so the boys get talking about football, which is incidentally why Chris is late in the first place. It’s all because he and Dave were out last night celebrating Everton’s win over Manchester United (I’m surprised it took Dave until just after the 7:00 news to mention it to be honest), which Dom seemed slightly peeved about. Although Chris did say that in the same position he would have gone out to celebrate if Liverpool had won. Note none of them offered to ever go out with Chris if Leeds won!

Tea-Time and Aled at 24

Aled went back to what he’s good at when Chris arrived – and that’s making tea. But apparently he can’t even get that right at the moment, as with only 30 seconds until they go back on air, Aled presents the tea to Chris in it’s annoyingly almost over flowing state. So, having to rush back in order to assure that he wouldn’t be late for the second time within half an hour, he had to sacrifice the tea.

Dave, however, had no such problem with his tea when Aled came in with the tea for him:

Dave: Half an inch below the rim…so to speak
Chris: Not you, Aled
Dave: Good Morning Ofcom

Stories from Aled at 24 started today, which commenced with the team looking at his CTU pass (which was initially confused with that of one of the Presidents Men. Easy mistake you’d think, except when you consider that this stolen pass was from a guy who was black) saying “Agent Aled Jones” – which Chris thinks sounds much like a Kids tv show.

Aled also told us of an on set story, where some of the extras were trying to make him laugh by writing down rude words during the fliming. Luckily he didn’t fold, and the shot wasn’t ruined.

Chris: You know these 24 stories are just going to go on and on…
Aled: And there was this one time…
Dave [Laughing and cutting him off]: There was this one time at Band Camp
Chris: Keifer Sutherland had this flute and he stuck it…

Talking of Keifer, Aled did an interview with him out there, one of the highlights was him telling Keifer that Rachel had a crush on him. He was in no doubt about the beauty of the producer (despite the somewhat awful picture provided) and he straight away said to give her his number. He even recorded a little drop for her – saying that she looked “very beautiful today”. His drop for the show didn’t go as well though, saying that he “enjoyed listening to BBC One”.

Other stuff on the show today

(*) Chris can’t blow his nose – with disastrous consequences

(*) More TOTP and (R)OBW Chat. Aled is going to be on a treadmill next to Tony Christie during ‘Amarillo’ which should be something to tune in for.

(*) The team went off the playlist and chose a random song from 1991. Roxette and Joyride won it’s own 1 minute slot on Rockin’ Radio 1.

(*) Aled’s Headphones had a picture of some naughty man-bits on them, which lead to the team laughing at him for about 5 minutes.

(*) Aled had brought presents back for the team. For Dom & Carrie it was some showbiz Hollywood Pens – Dom in particular was really excited about this prospect. Carrie however got straight to the point, telling Aled he could have at least got one of the ones with things swimming down it. For Chris, Rach and Dave – they all got special Hollywood walk of fame stars with their names on – except Dave got David. The woman couldn’t spell Dom or Carrie either which is why they didn’t get one.

(*) Dave had a new Guess Who. It was the Cheeky Girls and their Cheeky mum. A bit better than Roland Riveron (not much though if you ask me).

Tedious Link

‘Natalie Imbruglia – Big Mistake’ – ‘Big Mistake’ was released in ’98, the same year the world cup was won by host nation France – France shares a border with Italy – the Capital city of Italy is Rome – ‘Rome’ was a 1990 hit for the B52s, which was the follow up to the worldwide smash ‘Love Shack’ – Shack rhymes with tack – which is something you might use when laying down a carpet as well as a term used in sailing – ‘Sailing’ was a hit for Rod Stewart who shares the same last name as Moira Stewart who reads the news – ‘The News’ are the backing group for Hewie Lewis – Hewie Lewis and The News contributed to the soundtrack of ‘Back to the Future’ – ‘Back to the Future’ starred Michael J. Fox who also starred in the films ‘Teen Wolf’ and ‘Doc Hollywood’ – Hollywood is where Aled has just come back from – from is an anagram of form which you might have to fill in if you were in a Post Office – The Post Office often uses a queuing system, and if you were in a hurry and weren’t worried about pushing in front of other people in the queue then you might as well JUMP the queue - which links us to ‘Van Halen – Jump’

Carpark Catchprase
Claire from Wolverhampton (2) took on
Neil from somewhere I didn’t quite hear (0)

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9328">>Thursday 21st April – What did you think of this show/review. Post your comments here<</a>

Friday is up, and platinum: https://archive.org/d[…]

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]