The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Basement Jaxx – Oh My Gosh, 7.00 NEWSBEAT, 2. The Killers – Somebody Told Me, 3. Destiny’s Child – Independent Women, 4. Phantom Planet – California, 7.30 NEWSBEAT, 5. Gorillaz – Clint Eastwood(Remix), 6. Stereophonics – Dakota, 7. Beverly Knight – Keep This Fire Burning, 8. Kasabian – Club Foot, 8.00 NEWSBEAT, 9. Supergrass – Alright, 10. Gwen Stefani/Eve – Rich Girl, 11. McFly – All About You, 8.30 NEWSBEAT, 12. Usher – Caught Up, 13. Arman Van Helden – My My My, 14. Coldplay – Yellow, 15. TEDIOUS LINK: The Proclaimers – I’m Gonna Be(500 Miles), 16. Eminem – Just Lose It, 17. The Bravery – An Honest Mistake, 18. Verbalicious – Don’t Play Nice, 9.30 NEWSBEAT, 19. Sunset Strippers – Falling Stars, 20. Green Day – American Idiot, 21. Black Eyed Peas – Hey Mama

“By the look in yo-our eyes…” Casualty’s Chris Whatshisname from Celeb Fame Academy.

It’s The Chris Moyles Red Nose Rally, and the team are live from Inverness this morning. Although the rally hasn’t started yet, until later today when they go to John O’Groats, so god knows what they’re doing in Inverness, musn’t be a radio studio in John O’Groats, or maybe they haven’t found a helicopter yet, this could still go very wrong! However, if you go to Chris’ Radio 1 site, http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chrismoyles, you’ll find pictures and a video diary of the team’s arrival in Inverness.

HIGHLAND QUALITY CONSTRUCTION LIMITED:
That’s one! There was an email, at 7.15, from Colin Thompson, who works at Highland Quality Construction Limited in Inverness(two), saying for every time they mentioned his company’s name on the show this morning, that’s Highland Quality Construction Limited in Inverness(two), the company would donate £100 to Comic Relief. Although, unfortunately, there was a limit to how many times he could mention Highland Quality Constructions Limited in Inverness(three), as every time he did mention Highland Quality Constructions Limited in Inverness(four), they’d have to give £100 and in that case, the company(that’s Highland Quality Constructions Limited in Inverness(five)) would be bankrupt by the end of the show! They would give a maximum of £1000, so Chris could say Highland Quality Constructions Limited in Inverness(six) 10 times in the show, he’d already said Highland Quality Constructions Limited in Inverness(seven) three times by this point, Jesus why can’t they have a shorter company name?! Anyway, I know I can’t raise money by mentioning it on here, but I do happen to work at a pub in Inverness…

With Chris raising £24 pound in the pub last night, that brings The Chris Moyles Show Comic Relief total so far to: £424

RANDOM QUOTE NUMBER 1:

This time from Dominic, on the One Road Travel report at 7.30:

“Homefirth is of course where they film the truly hilarious Last Of The Summer Wine, I’m laughing just thinking about it”

Sarcasm at it’s very best.

COMIC RELIEF DOES FAME ACADEMY:
Surprise surprise, Gina Yashere was rubbish last night! She did U2’s Vertigo, and as a big U2 fan, Dom took it personally that she insulted one of the best songs ever written. Dom had an audio clip of her singing, that woke me up! Awful! Sadly, the lovely Konnie Huq got voted out last night, and Gina stayed in! Konnie’s performance was awful again last night, and ok she really can’t sing, but she is gorgeous, come on guys! They also played a clip of Edith’s performance, slightly better, but sadly, with Edith, I wouldn’t. Jon Culshaw’s performance was not heard, god knows what it must have been like! Catch Celeb Fame Academy every night on BBC1 until next Friday, vote for the Casualty guy!

COMIC RELIEF UPDATE: Just after the 8.30 news, they’d had 55,000 text messages for the Coldplay competition, so now they’ve managed to raise over 40,000 so far for Comic Relief, keep up the good work everybody! Kerry Green, from Manchester, won the tickets to go and see Coldplay live in London, she was delighted to say the least!

RANDOM QUOTE NUMBER 2:

(Chris): “I was very funny that night, I was like Roy Chubby Brown, with the looks”

Sarcasm, once again, at it’s very best.

Chappers was in the studio this morning, after he answered “Yes” to everything, the running joke was he was actually on tape. That leads us to…

RANDOM QUOTE NUMBER 3:

Dom: Are you really Mark Chapman?

Mark: Yes.

Dom: Do you like the snow, is it great fun?

Mark: Yes.

Carrie: You think Manchester United are rubbish don’t you?

Mark: No.

Chris: You’ve seen Scott Mills naked haven’t you?

Mark: Yes

There was no Carpark Catchphrase today, instead we had the delightful company of Patrick Kielty live on the phone at 9.45. He sounded very butch, unusually. He talked about farting first of all, took a picture of his car and sent it to Chris, and a load of other crap he usually talks about. I’m missing you already Roy! Sadly there will be no Carpark Catchphrase for a week, because, for some reason, they can’t do it unless they’re in London!

ALSO ON TODAY’S SHOW:
I love The Killers, but please, Radio 1, enough is enough!
Technical problems, Aled’s fault!
A musical treat…Supergrass’ Alright
Aled serving bacon butties for Comic Relief…or at least trying too!
A not so good Terry Wogan impression

Thursday is up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]