The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Eminem – Like Toy Soldiers 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. The Killers – Mr. Brightside 3. Joss Stone – Super Duper Love 4. Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl 7:30 NEWSBEAT 5. Green Day – Holiday 6. Black Eyed Peas – Where Is The Love 7. Kasabian - Club Foot 8:00 NEWSBEAT 8. Stereophonics – Dakota 9. Fatboy Slim – Right Here, Right Now 10. Girls Aloud – Wake Me Up 8:30 NEWSBEAT 11. Usher – Caught Up 12. The Strokes – Reptilia 13. The Clash - Rock the Casbah (Tedious Link) 14. Chemical Brothers – Galvanize 15. Britney Spears – Do Somethin’ 16. U2 – Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own 9:30 NEWSBEAT 17. Boogie Pimps – Somebody To Love 18. LL Cool J – Hush 19. Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out

Things didn’t start off too well for today’s show – especially since the troubles started yesterday afternoon. As you may know from shows earlier in the week – Carrie (the sport reader for all you casual listeners out there. She says “Ooh Yes Please”, if you still don’t know who I’m on about) is away this week, so instead of getting some random sports reporter from Five Live, or Chappers, to do it they have been getting Celebs to do it. Well I say Celebs, they had Abi Tittmus on Tuesday – I wouldn’t be surprised if Paul Ross is tomorrow’s guest.

Lined up to do today’s show was Peter Reid, of football manager fame. Before today they had already had quite a bit of trouble getting their man – he was originally lined up to do Tuesday’s show, but the schedules of both parties were conflicting (a.k.a. Peter wanted to fly out to Barcelona to see Chelsea play) so the Moyles team suggested that he should do the show today instead. That was agreed and it fitted everyone nicely. That was until about 3pm yesterday when Aled rang up Peter (for the 18th time) to confirm today’s show. Unfortunately Peter said he wanted to stay out in Barcelona despite already being booked for the show. Oh dear.

The day was saved though, when Chris smashed his emergency guest telephone glass and phoned up today’s actual sport reader – Mark Bright (aka The Prince of Stoke). He wasn’t too surprised at being asked to do the job, infact he was expecting Reid to stay in Barcelona and wasn’t shocked at all when the phone call came.

[img][/img]

Sky Plus (or any time shift recording unit) and Chris gets Stoked

An early conversation about what the team did last night (they all watched football surprisingly – apart from Rachel of course) lead on to what they missed by watching the football. The general consensus was that the <s>crap</s> great show that is Desperate Housewives was missed by those in the team watching football. Never fear though, as Dave has it on series link on Sky Plus – on both C4 and E4.

For those who don’t have Sky Plus it was turning out to be a pretty dull conversation. Luckily Dom doesn’t have it, and enquired on behalf of the uninformed. Basically a series link is when you set up your box to tape all the showings of any series, be it Desperate Housewives, or Life Begins and Fat Friends (as Dave’s missus has).

Chris: You can even set it for those ten-minute previews they have…
Dave: Really?
Chris: The Prince of Stoke is nodding <everyone laughs> That’s why he’s only got 10% memory

Mark being known as the Prince of Stoke – Chris himself has some Stoke stories, including one about how he got fired from a radio station in Stoke, despite having a really good time and getting along with loads of the DJs. The station feared he was becoming too much of a shock jock, and technically he wasn’t fired anyway:

Chris: You’re not fired, but we’ve written it all down in this letter
Dave: You’re contract is terminated

Dave has a lot of love for Stoke as well. He took his wife there for a Valentines weekend (in fact the only Valentines weekend he’s ever taken her away for – probably as it didn’t clash with an Everton match) and stayed in a Castle (not the Castle Inn, Stoke fans). If you’re looking for the castle – Dave handily points out that it’s near a 24-hour Tesco’s on the main road. A one road travel in the making methinks.

Stoke Train Station holds more great stories, as it is a little known fact that that was the place where two titans of celebrity first met: -

Chris: It was at Stoke Train Station where I first met Robbie Williams
Mark: Or Bob to his friends
Dave: You just call him Robbie don’t you? <everyone laughs>

Snow, football, football, even more football and other stuff from today’s show

One of the main “news” stories at the moment is the weather. To be more specific it’s snow and lots of it. Chris is annoyed by this, not because people are having their day to day lives affected by it, but because he hasn’t seen a drop of it. Living in London, he says that it never quite tries hard enough – it starts and lasts about 10 minutes before running out of energy.

[img][/img]

Admittedly - there was a bit of snow though when he got up – he had to “tip-toe like a ballerina” to avoid falling. When he got to Radio 1 however he found the surroundings to be bone dry with no evidence snow had ever fallen. Awww – I know we’ll all be thinking of you during our day off for the snow Chris. Be careful out there in the snow though folks, because if you die it’s one less listener for the show. (Chris’s words, not mine)

Interesting Fact: Mark Bright not only gives opinions about football – he used to play it. This started a whole conversation about the nation’s favourite pastime – Football, and Chris set a few Football related teasers. “Great” I can hear the listeners of Five Live shout. As a listener of Radio 1 though I let out quite a large groan as football is hardly my favourite sport – and Rob DJ’s pub quiz is hardly my favourite feature on the show, so a combination of the two throughout the show did not make easy listening. It was basically a load of football questions throughout the morning, which is great if you like football but rrrrrubish if you don’t. If it wasn’t for reviewing purposes I would have turned it off at about 7:50. Mark summed it up best for me:

Mark: These are pub questions. On the radio that can be boring

To be fair at half-time, at the request of Rachel, it was branched out to music questions as well, but that only made it mildly more exciting. Still doesn’t give me much to review though. I’d type up the questions but then you might as well buy a pub trivia book – lazy but if anyone is desperately bothered type them up yourself and post them on the forum and I’ll add them to the review and give you credit.

Whattity What
No folks, you’re not listening to The Pulse (although if you ask me this feature isn’t even good enough for them), it’s another round of the freshest new Radio sound – Whattity What, this week with Mark Bright. Today Steve from Rugby took on Matt Clifford (not Max Clifford) on the bus. Quite an amusing start off today with Steve’s question being “Peter Reid really is a funny guy, even though he was booked for today’s show he’d rather stay in Barcelona. He really is a complete what/s” – Obviously not professional. Matt (who’s kiddie friends were listening to Radio 2) got through to the final and chose Dave to play for him. It was a shock win…again. More next week for both of you What Fans.

Tedious Link
Stereo MCs - 'Step It Up' – Step it up was released in 1992, the same year Linford Christie won gold for Great Britain in the 100 Meters – Meters of a different type are read by the ‘leccie or gas board – board is probably what you would be if you were yawning – yawning can also be a tell-tale sign of tiredness, which is the bodies way of saying that it needs more oxygen – oxygen combines with hydrogen to make water – water rhymes with daughter which is what Hanna Waterman is to Dennis Waterman – Dennis Waterman starred in the TV Series Minder alongside George Cole – Cole is a fossil fuel as is oil – Oyl, first name Olive is the girlfriend of Popeye the sailor man – Sailors are also known as Sea Men – Seamen first name David is a man famous for goalkeeping and hair – hair is a part of the body that can be brushed, as are teeth – Teeth rhymes with Leith which is a port in the north of Scotland – Edinborough is the Capital of Scotland, much in the same way that England’s capital is London and ‘London Calling’ was a big hit for The Clash which predictably links us to The Clash and 'Rock the Casbah'.

Quite a good Carpark Catchphrase

Danny from Bradford (Hurray) (2) Beat
Stewart from Rochester (0)

<a href="http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=28">>Thursday 24th February – What did you think of this show/review. Create a topic here<</a>

Thursday is up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]