The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
1. Green Day – American Idiot 7:00 NEWSBEAT 2. Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl 3. Tomkraft – Loneliness 4. Kaiser Chiefs – Oh My God 5. Natasha Beddingfield – Unwritten 7:30 NEWSBEAT 6. Chemical Brothers – Galvanise 7. Pink – Get the Party Started 8. Chris Moyles Parody – He Don’t Use Shampoo/McFly - All About You (mix) 9. 50 Cent – This Is How We Do 8:00 NEWSBEAT 10. Jennifer Lopez – Jenny From The Block 11. The Killers – Somebody Told Me 12. Sunset Strippers – Falling Stars 13. Snow Patrol – Run 8:30 NEWSBEAT 14. Missy Elliot – Get Your Freak On 15. U2 – Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own 16. Deepdish – Flashdance 17. Akon – Locked Up 18. Doves – Caught By The River (Tedious Link) 19. Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous 20. Reflekt ft. Delline Bass - Need To Feel Loved 21. Usher – Caught Up 22. Idlewild - Love Steals Us From Loneliness 9:30 NEWSBEAT 23.Destiny’s Child – Bootylicious 24. Stereophonics – Dakota 25. Kylie Minogue – I Believe In You

First off, a very brief introduction – I’m Chris B, also known as Fish Heads on the forum, and I’ll be your guide through the Thursday reviews for the foreseeable future – i.e. just this week and I’ll never do another again…probably.

Chris started his morning off with a nice bit of dust, courtesy of Matt Lucas who was on the show on Monday with David Williams. If you didn’t listen to it (or indeed not read the reviews below) they were in to help promote Red Nose Day. This lead to a brief discussion of the upcoming Chris Moyles Red Nose Rally, which starts two weeks tomorrow. Chris says he wants to lose 3st in a fortnight (Dave: Good Luck everybody) for this momentous occasion. Will is organising the event, Chris just hopes that he remembers that he can’t park the Back to the Future car in a multi-story because of it’s outward opening doors in fact going over the roof of the car.

The return of Crazy Frog

After the briefest of Microphone problems (Rachel was almost silenced for the show. Lucky for us, Dave managed to fix the problem that the technical people couldn’t. Tch, just can’t get the staff these days), the hot topic seemed, yet again, to be that Crazy Frog record.

Yesterday’s 15,000 texts flooded into the show about nobody’s favourite ringtone/record, which is why in today’s Sun, Victoria Newton has picked up on the story that, yes, this is about to be released (another hot scoop for the Sun there). Chris is annoyed that she hasn’t even mentioned him in the article although Wes did manage to get his name in there. Dom is confident of the power of the Crazy Frog, now that it has the backing of Chris, after all he did campaign for releases of songs by Chef from South Park and Peter Andre – both of which went to number 1.

Dave: We’re the hitmakers, Dom
Dom: Yeah, You’re the hitmakers
Chris: With a capital S
Dom (Deliberately confused): HitmakerS?
Chris: You know Pete Waterman had his hit factory? Well we have a sh…

Anyone for drinks?

ImageImageImageImage

Spare a though for Chris – his pub trip which was supposed to be happening tonight, has unfortunately been cancelled. Rachel and Dave can’t make it either, so – like the kind-hearted soul that he is, he offered to take us out, if we were free and texted in. As usual, the throwaway joke lead to loads of people texting anyway – much like yesterday’s “text no if you haven’t got a phone” feature. However, even from the listeners, Chris couldn’t get any luck, with people wanting him to pick them up, go to where they live, or just being boring and staying in.

Because of his mighty shun, Chris decided that he needed to find out that if we don’t want to go out with him, then which member of the team do we want to take for a swift one down our local. Cue <s>cheap radio filler for half an hour</s> hilarious texting in feature. Needless to say, much reading out of the text number for not much entertainment.

If you’re wondering who exactly won this vote, then so were we for a while there. During the 8-9 part of the show it had (luckily) seemed to be forgotten about. However during Half Time, Aled came in annoyed that he was bottom of the poll, and so the “great” debate continued. Fortunately Half-Time had a bit of a positive spin on this debate, so it wasn’t just text number reading. We found out that Aled loves to go out to the pub with Dave just to make him buy “Namby Pamby” drinks such as Archers and Lemonade rather than the “Pint of Rough” that he usually enjoys with Chris.

After many a <s>wasted</s> link this morning, they waited until the last minute of the show to reveal Rachel as the winner. She did lead for the majority of the morning – so some luckily listener may be supping Um Bongo with her soon!

Catching Up, Speedy Relief and Other Stuff on the show today

Dave was tired because he went out with his family last night. Because of this Chris remembered he’d had some pictures on his camera from Dave’s wedding, featuring, amongst others, Uncle Dave who was out last night as well. This on air catch up (despite them both seeing each other every day) soon turned to another of the listeners burning questions – how exactly is Chris’s new boiler working out? It’s boiling apparently, so it must be doing its job. My mind is truly at rest now.

Dave: Cutting Edge Youth Broadcasting

Dom, meanwhile, had presents for Chris and Dave, straight from the head of news. Dave got last season’s Everton review on DVD, while Chris got the <s>12</s> 100 greatest Leeds goals ever – also on the DVD format. The reason for this gift? Just because the newsbeat office love the show so much and defiantly not because they had loads of rubbish to get out of their office.

The team also managed to find a new addictive game to play – and good news it’s all in aid of comic relief as well. Just head over to http://www.speedyrelief.com and try and get the noses around the track in the fastest time. If you want to feel superior to some of the team – then you’ll have to beat these: -

Chris – 13.8 Seconds
Rachel – 9.194 Seconds
Dom – 6.98 Seconds

Producer Aled stepped in for the last 30 minutes of the show, as Rachel had a court appearance. Chris said it was for shoplifting –

Chris (in Rachel-esq Birmingham accent): I didn’t steal the Um Bongo, I just forgot to pay for it

Luckily it didn’t matter too much if Aled had gone wrong (which luckily didn’t happen – unless you count Lesbian Shoplifters) as Uncle Ferg was also keeping his watchful eye over things.

Whattity What

Another round of what some are calling the greatest quiz on the radio today. Not me though. Today saw Laura in Scotland take on Paul from Cornwall. Again it was a less than entertaining addition, but for you hard-core fans of the quiz (which according to Chris there are plenty of) – Laura got through to the final and chose Dom to play to win her a night of 10-pin bowling with the Newsbeat team. Luckily Dom got what Laura was thinking of and the feature ended. Don’t worry ‘What Fans’ – only another short week until it returns!

Tedious Link

Spice Girls ‘Stop’ – Stop is the opposite of go – “Go” was a 1991 hit for Moby – Moby Dick is the name of a famous Whale – the plural of Whale is Whales – Wales is where Aled is from – “From…Russia With Love” is a famous James Bond film starring Sean Connery, Sean Connery is the father of Jason Connery who used to play Robin Hood – Robin Hood is associated with Nottingham as is Jermaine Pennant who is currently on loan at Birmingham City – Birmingham City play their home matches at St. Andrews - St. Andrews Day is a special day in Scotland – Scotland is the birthplace of Ian Mcaskill - Ian Mcaskill shares much of his name with Ian McShane who played the actor Lovejoy – Lovejoy, first name Tim, presents Soccer AM and is a big fan of Chelsea – Chelsea’s away kit is white – white is the colour of peace, and when you think of peace and white flags and all that kind of stuff, you also think of doves, which links us to Doves – Caught By The River.

(Damn – I typed this all out before I realised MC had already done it on his section of the site! Not worth wasting it now though)

Carpark Catchphrase

Sarah from Peterborough (2) beat
Holly (not Hull) from Edinburgh (0)

Hopefully you’ve enjoyed my review – and I also hope I wont have gone AWOL by next weeks instalment!

<a href=" http://chris.polymathic.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9041"> >>Thursday 17th February 2005 - What Did You Think Of This Show/Review? Tell Us Here! <</a >

Thursday is up

The show is now being streamed on video on the Glo[…]