The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
The subject of the Sony awards was again on Chris' mind at the start of the show:

5.5 million listeners, no nomination - Chris making the point I made a few days ago!

Chris and Dave are going to go anyway and hum through the entire show just to annoy everybody!

Apparently yesterday they have a quiz where you had to name the song where some particular lyrics came from. I say apparently since I missed the show yesterday - my own stupid fault for not checking the listings! I turned on at four only to find Mark Goodier; not the same really! Anyway the quiz feature was good apart from the minor flaw. Dave didn't actually know the answers! He had the questions, but couldn't tell Mel or Chris if they had got the answer right or not!

So today Mel had done some work!? in preparing both the questions and the corresponding answers (always helps). This quiz type feature ran through a far chunk of the show.

In the second link Chris told us a story about Richard Blackwood. Chris had teased with this story in the opening link, but Rhys wasn't too keen on Chris telling the story. Rhys still wasn't happy with Chris telling the story, but he did anyway :-).

Richard Blackwood is the guy on MTV and Channel Four who likes to see himself as a Will Smith type figure (hip, fly and all those other down wit' it words). He also now has his own record out as well. Chris thinks Richard should just admit that he's trying to emulate Will Smith. Moylesy basically hasn't been too kind to him in the past and they recently caught a glimpse of each other at a Will Smith party; but that's the closest they've come to meeting.

Richard Blackwood's people have proposed a meeting between Richard and Chris for a drink to clear the air. By doing this they would hope that Chris would become Richards mate and perhaps put in a bit of good promo. on his show (and help the record become a hit as a result). Chris likes the idea, but wouldn't mind being accompanied by Dave, since he doesn't like meeting new people alone.

Chris also gave us an interesting insight on his opinion of himself:

..I'm so good on the radio because I'm in a room on my own not looking at anybody. Right? That's what I'm good at, right? I'm good at talking on the radio, right? I'm no good in real life... I'm pathetic scum in real life. - Chris, on himself.

Surely Chris can't be implying that he's shy, can he?

Chris would prefer to do the meeting on radio (naturally).

Chris' new sample how you doing? was also used to great comical value in today's show. This happened during the start of the track Toca's miracle, up to the lyrics (I own the original Toca Me track by the way :), the one that got to about 39 in the chart!). Surprising what a few lyrics can do!

Chris: Hey Dave.
Dave: What?
Sample: How you doing?
Chris: Hey Mel.
Mel.: What?
Sample: How you doing?
Chris: Hey Rhys.
Rhys: Alright.
Chris: Can you get us a coffee?
Dave: Hysterics.

In the show there was also a plug by Chris for Radio 1's Exam essentials. It followed the old guise old Dave asking some set question that Chris answered in order to get the information over. Chris made a minor goof (well I thought it was a goof anyway) by prompting Dave to say What if I don't have a phone? after giving out the phone number in order to be able to plug the website as well. The problem is... how are you supposed to access the website without a phone? I suppose you would have to do it at school or college.

Later Chris was talking about the new Arman Van Heldem track. Chris commented that no-one seemed to do any scratching any more... apart from Rhys (a different type of scratching all together!).

Viaduct today was also quite amusing. The first caller (Claire) was in a gallery, where she worked. There was therefore a big echo. Chris used his box of tricks to emulate the echo... perfectly. Claire lost, so Laura will be back tomorrow!

Chris' show also had a new feature. Finally Get down had been replaced. I'd like to say it was due to my great influence... but I'd be lying. Get down was replaced by a much superior feature - Family Fart-tunes. One member of the team farts a tune, which the caller has to guess (the farts are actually pre-recorded). The feature is a vast improvement over the feature it replaced...

The subject of Richard Blackwood also came up again later. Apparently they were expecting a call from him in the show, but it never came.

Chris: Referring to Richard He's super fly.
Dave: For a... Dave suddenly realised that saying for a white guy wouldn't really work in this situation.
Chris: Almost!

Tuesday show is up