The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
By Chris
The first link today saw Chris doing a gig review; since he and various people from the team (Chris and John I think) went to see a gig last night. Chris is predicting that within three years he and Ghetto-Life will perform there. You never know...

We were also informed of the absence of Comedy Dave. As soon as I heard this I began to wonder whether today's show would be up to the normal high standards, since in my opinion Dave is fairly important to the success of the entire show. At least John was in residence.

John also told us his weekly crazy story (for instance in past we've had the story about him receiving that text message and when he met Guy Ritchie). Apparently he had taken a mate on the London Eye, and then Wigan Wayne (that's a guy from Wigan called Wayne - funnily enough) realised that he was in fact a sufferer of vertigo! So apparently he had to spend the rest of the time on the wheel (40 mins. plus) reading his diary, or anything to avoid looking dowwwnn.

Chris began talking about articles in the Sun recently (always a source of interesting and amusing stories). They began to talk about the incident that Hugh Grant a while back that involved him having a mug-shot taken of him by the LA police. Recently a fan asked him to sign an autograph on a copy of the mug-shot. Naturally Hugh Grant politely declined. This subject lead to Moylesy questioning why Hugh Grant ever did it; and Chris certainly isn't the first person to ask this.

You don't drive a Rolls-Royce and drive around in a Skoda - Chris' way of describing Hugh Grant's famous mistake.

After the news at 3.30pm Chris decided to improvise and add some alternative links to Britney Spears' new track Whopps, I did it again. Towards the end of the track there is a section where the music slows and Britney is talking to some guy who gives her something:

Oh you shouldn't have! - Britney Spears in the song

Obviously the possibilities are endless. The catch for Chris was when he tried to play the track after the news to add his own lyrics he had taken the mini-disk out and instead we heard Blink 182 - All the small things. If Dave was there you can't help but think he would say no. one DJ!. Then Chris mucked up the link between the Radio One jingle and the Blink 182 track. So Mel. took the place of Dave and said the very words; no. one DJ!. John also commented that Dave would have said Get down slick. Indeed he would; but it isn't the same without Dave (since the comment from Dave would normally start off a minor war between the two of them).

Naturally Dave's introductory service needed a minor alteration today, since Dave wasn't there. So today it was John's introductory service. Apparently John knows every Christmas no. 1 since 1975 and surprisingly he was fairly good was 90's music as well (and he won the competition).

The caller for the feature was named Tian. Mel. originally told Chris that her name was Pian.

Mel: P, T, T, P sounds the same.
Chris: If you can't tell the difference between a P and a T, mate, I'm will never go for a cuppa round your house.
Team: *Around 15 seconds of hysterics.*

Naturally Chris had to slag off Mel at one point, and Chris had the opportunity to when the caller said she had a boyfriend when Mel had told Chris that she was in fact single.

The show also featured a game of tig, which started off when they went out into the kitchen during one of the tracks. Chris though it would be fun to carry on. It was the kind of tig where you couldn't be it if your not touching the floor (we all remember that kind of thing, surely). Chris passed it on to Mick who then proceeded to attempt to physically force Chris to touch the ground. In the end Chris decided to go to the next studio and tig Joe Harland.

Chris tells us later in the show of his ambition to get Prince Nassem on the show one day:

Do you know he's like eight stone? Due you reckon any of us could have him? - John's comment on the idea.

The rest of the show was fairly run of the mill stuff (perhaps they were missing Dave?).

This review was posted by the webmaster of MoylesNet (http://www.moylesnet.co.uk) - a source of quality, up to date show reviews and news on Chris Moyles and his show.
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up