The chrismoyles.net TV & Radio Show Reviews
Chris opened today's show by telling us what happened when he was last staying in Leeds (over the weekend) for a family wedding anniversary. Chris was staying in a hotel and spent one night in the bar with his mates. People began to recognize Chris, but Moylesy is the sort of person that most people recognize, but can't put a name to (either that or they think he is Phil Jupitus, lead singer of the Mavericks or Toadfish from Neighbours).

Chris: *Doing an impersonation of the girls talking to him that night* Your the one off the Radio aren't you?
Chris: *Chris replying* Yeah.
Chris: And the other one goes *Chris again impersonating the girls talking to him* What's his name, what's your name?
Chris: *Chris replying* Chris.
Chris: *Impression of girls* Chris what?
Chris: *Replying* Moyles.
Chris: *Impression of girls* Never heard of you.

That was bad enough but apparently Chris also had to sit through an hour and a half of a drunk bloke saying:

Chris, Chris, mustn't grumble eh? - which is Mark and Lard's catchphrase.

Mel asks the question (sensibly) Why didn't you leave? to which which Chris replied I had a pint on the go. Dave pointed out that an hour and a half was a rather long time to have a pint on the go for.

Chris also explained how they would be not be doing Who wants to win a win a load of tat? any more, so people will enjoy it more, if and when it returns Less is more. Dave's introductory service will be ran for the next two weeks, to help fill the extra hour.

Dave: *Talking about Dave's introductory service* What is the prize today?
Chris: I have absolutely no idea, but we'll find one. *The lyrics in the song (the new one by Paul Van Dyk) at that point were Tell me why.*
Chris: Well because we didn't plan on the game prizes. *Nobody gets the gag, so Chris has to explain it (always a bad sign).* She just sang 'Tell me why.'
Mel: *Sarcastic laughter*
Dave: Number one DJ!
Chris: Shut up!

Link two reverted back to the normal theme of taking the mickey out of Mel. Mel has been off a lot recently with various problems and earlier on he had been to the dentist. Because he had a a foew injections he was having problems speaking proper.

Mel: *Talking about what the dentist did* They drilled a hole and filled it. *Otherwise known as a filling Mel.*

Needless to say Dave won Dave's introductory service; but only just (mainly because Chris helped him). As per normal the caller appeared very dumb, especially when Dave actually gave the right answer to the clincher question but did so after the buzzer (well apparently - and Dave seemed peeved about that). The caller (Jimmy) was offered a go at naming the artist and title before he gave a totally different answer; much to the amusement of the studio.

Viaduct today saw another person falling on the question Who is the new director general of the BBC?. Today the caller was given a hint, that the first name was Greg. Unfortunately the callers answer ended up being Greg Norman. O.K... and then after Chris said that his second name began with a D she gave the answer Greg Donovan. The caller who won was a bit of a divvy as well, so Chris wants to make sure she loses tomorrow; but the thick callers are always the funniest.

Today saw a new feature Get down - which basically is a similar (i.e. identical) idea to C*un*d*wn. The caller had to choose between a vowel or consonant eight times and then they had to form a word from those letters. Get the picture? The quiz seems a little crude, since the whole gag revolves around Mel getting letters that automatically spell out a word. For example today Mel got the letters U M B R E L L A, although Mel did ask for a continent at one point instead of a consonant.

** This review was posted by the webmaster of MoylesNet (http://www.moylesnet.co.uk) - a source of quality, up to date show reviews and news on Chris Moyles and his show. **
2005 ERA JINGLES/BEDS

Hi. I never realised there was a possibility of […]

Saturday show is up