Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By MK Chris
Ok, ok I know I'm not supposed to advertise on this thing - but I asked the guv'nor and this is a good cause in my opinion. I'm not going to say too much about it basically cos the web site says it all - but someone from work asked me to do a web site a while ago because her son was bottled when working on the door of a bar in Milton Keynes, Christmas Day morning last year. She is trying to get plastic bottles into all the clubs and late night bars to try and cut down on this.

The only other thing I would say is that if you're fairly squeamish you probably won't like the two photos but they are meant to shock people into signing the petition...

So if you'd like to add your weight to a petition that will be going all the way to Downing Street - go to pop-campaign.co.uk and fill out the form at the bottom of the page...

The other thing is that all three fields are mandatory, but if you don't want to put your full address down, there's nothing to stop you being vague about it.

Please only sign if you agree with the proposal.
By Console
I went to school with a girl who got hit on the head with a glass bottle, she was lucky, she only needed a couple of stitches, but she was awfully shaken up after it, so, I completely agree with changing it.
By Quincy
i have signed it. would also need to be done with glasses as well though
By MK Chris
Ta... For reference the article on the front page of today's local paper is here if you're interested...

Apparently BBC Radio have read it and want her on the Breakfast Show. I'm thinking probably 3 Counties and not Moyles though unfortunately...
By Gaspode_The_Wonder_Dog
hmm i dunno i appreciate that wouldn't have happened if you changed it but if people get to the point that they are going to glass someone then its likely they will just use something else.

the environmental consequences of using plastic must be huge too.
By Betti911
Plastic is just as esay to recycle
By Sidders
Yeah, and they are lighter which would make clearing them away in bulk a lot easier. Plus if you drop them they won't break and nobody can tread on the broken glass (like I did once, very painful).
By Adam
Nasty pictures.

At a gig once - I thought the bottles being thrown then were glass. Actually plastic, which was relief.
By Sidders
Ha and they were all coming in your direction I bet.
By DemonHorse
only thing is, there's ways you can use plastic bottles which make them just as dangerous as glass, and you can bet that if glass was phased out, the thugs and various other violent drunken p***ks would just find another way to hurt people... ASBOs will do bugger all to stop them either...
By Console
So what your saying is that we need a way to get rid of the thugs and holligans, like a Politcal Organisation to Lessen the Incidents with Criminal Entities. Hmm, all they need is a name...
By Adam
Sidla wrote:Ha and they were all coming in your direction I bet.

Give it a rest...

Zzz.
By DemonHorse
Pah i've never had a good word to say about the police, never been any help to me or anyone I know, but they hassle me... once pulled up beside me for 'aggressive walking' with a snooker cue case which they mistook for a GUN case.... load of bollocks... they should try catching real criminals once in a while.
By Mcqueen_
DemonHorse wrote:only thing is, there's ways you can use plastic bottles which make them just as dangerous as glass

You've a glass bottle in your hand, get in a fight and hit someone with it.

You've a plastic bottle in you hand, get in a fight, stop the fight whilst you get out your egg box and stickyback plastic, get a parent to help you cut the bottle and melt it down, shape it into a knife, carry on fight and stab someone.
By Lucie
DemonHorse wrote:Pah i've never had a good word to say about the police, never been any help to me or anyone I know, but they hassle me... once pulled up beside me for 'aggressive walking' with a snooker cue case which they mistook for a GUN case.... load of bollocks... they should try catching real criminals once in a while.

Are you a chav demonhorse?
By fish heads
Mcqueen wrote:
DemonHorse wrote:only thing is, there's ways you can use plastic bottles which make them just as dangerous as glass

You've a glass bottle in your hand, get in a fight and hit someone with it.

You've a plastic bottle in you hand, get in a fight, stop the fight whilst you get out your egg box and stickyback plastic, get a parent to help you cut the bottle and melt it down, shape it into a knife, carry on fight and stab someone.

Well Said Mcqueen.

At least some progress is better than none. Good campaign
By DemonHorse
Lucie wrote:
DemonHorse wrote:Pah i've never had a good word to say about the police, never been any help to me or anyone I know, but they hassle me... once pulled up beside me for 'aggressive walking' with a snooker cue case which they mistook for a GUN case.... load of bollocks... they should try catching real criminals once in a while.

Are you a chav demonhorse?

nah, i do live in an area overpopulated with the f**kers tho... hence the police suspect EVERYONE who's actually innocent.... coz they daren't touch the guilty
By MC
So in other words, yes he is Lucie.
By Lucie
haha. Okies DemonHorse I believe you.

(because if I don't you might come and beat me up, yo. 8O)
By DemonHorse
If anything, I'm the antichav....
By Lucie
methinks you do protest too much :P
By MK Chris
Thanks to everyone who's signed so far - up to 1900 signatures on the web site now, plus over 1000 on paper... It was on BBC news last night (and has made the BBC web site. The Sun are also doing a feature on it - on this occasion I think The Sun is a good choice - they are, after all, the most popular paper by sales in the UK (I believe.)
By MK Chris
*bump* Ahem. I posted this a LONG time ago and now there are new people here... by way of an update, there are now over 100,000 signatures and a lady called Jayne, whose husband was killed at a Jessie J concert (it's been in the news today because the guy was convicted - story here) has joined her campaign Bottle Stop to Marje's campaign that I did the website for. Today I had emails from the BBC and ITN wanting to speak to Marje, which I passed on to her and hopefully she managed to speak to them. I've also had an email from the guy who owns Heaven nightclubs and GAY wanting to support the campaign.

Anyway... if you've not read this thread before and you haven't clicked my old signature - please do sign if you agree with the campaign. They are looking to get polycarbonate 'glasses' in place of real glass. I have held a polycarbonate glass - you truly wouldn't know it was plastic until you finished your drink and realised how light it is - so the 'but I don't like drinking out of plastic' argument doesn't wash.

http://www.pop-campaign.co.uk/
By MadTheEddos
I drink out of plastic glasses and bottles pretty often on nights out, and if anything I prefer it that way. I feel a lot safer, and as you say, you wouldn't notice the difference.

I'll support this.

Tuesday show is up