Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bonanzoid
Listened to this album again today and it reminded me just how good it is - this song especially;

By Johnny 1989
dimtimjim wrote:Queen were quality. I love both their albums*.

* an 'in joke' for true queen fans.

bmstinton93 wrote:
dimtimjim wrote:Queen were quality. I love both their albums*.

* an 'in joke' for true queen fans.

They're no One Direction though are they?

DimTimJim, I'm a big Queen fan and I don't get that gag unless you mean their two self titled albums? :)

Stinson, no, just no, One Direction will be forgotten about in 10 years, Queen are still popular 40+ years on
By Bonanzoid
Johnny 1989 wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:They're no One Direction though are they?

Stinson, no, just no, One Direction will be forgotten about in 10 years, Queen are still popular 40+ years on

I'm quite sure he wasn't serious!
By Johnny 1989
I haven't been on here in ages so couldn't tell if Ben was been entirely serious or not :lol:

One Direction are not ace though, aceholes perhaps :grin:
By Nicola_Red
I think they have some great pop songs. Some I don't like so much, but they have some great writing talent behind them. They act like idiots sometimes, but that's what comes from being so famous so instantly at a young age. And at least they're not Justin Bieber.
By bmstinton93
They do seem to still be fairly level headed and nowhere near as bad as Justin Bieber. Will be interesting to see what trouble Harry Styles gets himself into in the next few years. I do quite like them though.
By bmstinton93
I genuinely don't think they are. After watching their film things seemed pretty genuine. Admittedly it could all be false but to me they all seemed genuinely close.
By Bonanzoid
One Direction are everything that's wrong with the music industry.

I heard they declined a request from a make-a-wish foundation type thing from a dying kid to meet him etc because they wouldn't be paid. Can't confirm that this is true, but if it is it's pretty low.
By Nicola_Red
A little internet digging seems to indicate that it was a lie posted on their Facebook page by some random girl a couple years ago. In that year they did actually visit an 8 yr old kid with cancer in hospital, so I'm not sure.
By bmstinton93
I'd imagine it to be a lie, although you also can't go to every single dying child you get asked to, otherwise they'd probably never stop.
By Bonanzoid
This guy has an awesome voice, total headbanging song too. God only knows what the drummer was thinking when he got dressed though.

By R94N
I saw a screamo band yesterday. Not my kind of thing but they had some instrumental talent.
By bmstinton93
I saw Embrace live last night. They were on absolutely top form. So glad they are back!
Last edited by bmstinton93 on Wed May 14, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
By The Deadly
bmstinton93 wrote:I saw Embrace lice last night. They were on absolutely top form. So glad they are back!

I like lice that are on form.