Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Bonanzoid
Even with those 3 pens, some of the decisions were still shite. There was talk of Rafael getting a 2nd yellow for the handball, but it shouldn't have mattered as his lunge at Stevie G was a 2 footed scissor action and he shouldn't have played on beyond that. That's definitely not the first time he's evaded a red against Liverpool.

Then there was our 3rd pen which was clearly not a pen, as well as Suarez's one before the first was given that easily could've been a pen too and Carrick's foul on Sturridge was a stonewaller.

Vidic was pretty unlucky to walk for Sturridge's dive, but given that he's now been sent off 4 times v Liverpool I simply don't care. It's funny as balls.
By Bruvva
Meanwhile, at the arse end of football, it looks like Hereford United are about to go under and from what I'm hearing, things don't look too promising for Worcester either.

Oh, and it seems United have gone with youth tonight and are starting with Giggs and Ferdinand. Moyes isn't even * trying now is he?
By bmstinton93
Yup Worcester are currently screwed. We should have accepted Cecil Duckworth's money years ago before he invested in Worcester Warriors, who have now lost the last 26 games on the trot and are about to be relegated from the Premier League. Maybe we'll go bust and somehow build a new and successful club in the future and get back to the glory days of beating Newcastle United in the FA Cup.

I also had no idea about Hereford. Hopefully they'll get saved!
By The Deadly
Bruvva wrote:Meanwhile, at the arse end of football, it looks like Hereford United are about to go under and from what I'm hearing, things don't look too promising for Worcester either.

Oh, and it seems United have gone with youth tonight and are starting with Giggs and Ferdinand. Moyes isn't even * trying now is he?

If the top 4 clubs in the Premiership gave them a million each then they'd be fine. I've always wanted a rule in football where the richest clubs have a legal responsibility to help out lower league/non league clubs who have terminal debts.
By Yudster
I wish we DID have a bit of debt - at least that would be an indication that the club owner and chairman had even the slightest touch of ambition beyond a mid-table finish in League 1....
By chrysostom
The Deadly wrote:I've always wanted a rule in football where the richest clubs have a legal responsibility to help out lower league/non league clubs who have terminal debts.

A bail out which rewards poor financial management?
By The Deadly
Depending on circumstances yes. There are too many innocent victims when a club folds. Punish the individual(s) who go the club in the mess it's in not the players and fans.
By Bonanzoid
I only found out yesterday about the fate of Unirea Urziceni. Hardly a household name, but they played Liverpool in Europe a few years back. However, they folded not long after after the owner ran out of money and their stadium's run down already. Horrible fate.

Also just saw that Jason Roberts has retired, which is a shame because now there's more chance of him appearing as a pundit.
By Bruvva
Well I may as well put this here as it's football related.

I'm assuming Arsene "didn't see her".
By Bruvva
Hmmm...Football, eh? I'm now in the position of WANTING Man Utd to win on Tuesday. This makes me feel dirty and not in the fun "handcuffs and whips" way. I much preferred it when I was vaguely confident Liverpool would bumble along to 5th with an outside chance of 4th place but it's now looking like 4th place at the very worst, which is quite odd.

Another odd thing is the top 4's results at each other's grounds - Chelsea are the only team to get points so far

Liverpool - lost 2-1 to City and Chelsea and 2-0 at Arsenal
City - lost 2-1 at Chelsea (not played Arsenal or Liverpool away)
Chelsea - 0-0 at Arsenal, beat City 1-0
Arsenal - lost 6-3 to City, 5-1 to Liverpool, 6-0 to Chelsea

Quite spectacular from Arsenal, that.
By Bruvva
bmstinton93 wrote:United do the unthinkable and win the Champions League.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*remembers 2005*

Hmmm...

Doesn't matter anyway, Liverpool will finish 3rd. Probably. Maybe.
By Bruvva
Anyway, screw Rooney, THIS was better

As is this

By Bruvva
*Looks at the league table*

Hmmmm...

Nope, not getting excited. FIFTH PLACE IS STILL ON.
By The Deadly
I can see Liverpool beating Chelsea, drawing with City and losing to a lesser side away from home. It's in their nature.
By Bruvva
Liverpool's current run in the league is ridiculous really, unbeaten this year, Played 13, won 11, drawn 2, lost 0, scored 44, conceded 16.

But yeah, there'll be a dip in the next 6 games I'm sure.
By The Deadly
I hope Liverpool do it. I like Brendan Rodgers and he wasn't given nearly enough time at Reading when he managed us.
By Bruvva
Chelsea fans...Lovely bunch, really.
By Bruvva
I fondly remember the days of Muzzy Izzet, one of the great footballer names of our time.

Shame Burnley are getting promoted as well, really dislike them (this is related to a torrid love triangle dating back to 1993).

Meanwhile, Liverpool, can we just get next week's inevitable defeat out of the way please? The hope is getting to me.