Off-topic chat. May contain offensive language or images.
By Misfit
Just wondering what other hobbies people have besides being moyles anoraks?

Mine main past time is photography in the woods and rivers around my house and derelict buildings as seen below :)

So what do people get up to? :)

Alex
By Nicola_Red
Er, I'm really quite dull. I read, I go to the theatre. I like watching documentaries and old movies, and I'm generally geeky about 50s and 60s fashion, design and culture. On Friday night I went to the Plaza (an old theatre/cinema) to see a 1962 film called Satan in High Heels. They have a full organ playing at the start, Pathe newsreels, an intermission, the National Anthem at the end - the whole works. Yep, I know how to live :) But it was fortuitous that Mr Red and I started seeing each other a month after the Moyles show ended, cos sound clipping had become quite a big part of my life and was something I really enjoyed doing. I still miss it sometimes.
By Misfit
Boboff wrote:I like photography, '

examples?

bmstinton93 wrote:Does sex count?

Yeah.

Nicola_Red wrote:Er, I'm really quite dull. .

yeah we know. ;) only joking, we have a cinema called the rex in Elland that has an interval when they bring ice cream round! haha!
By bmstinton93
Misfit wrote:
bmstinton93 wrote:Does sex count?

Yeah.

That's my hobby then. I'm genuinely quite boring.
By Nicola_Red
Misfit wrote:[
Nicola_Red wrote:Er, I'm really quite dull..

yeah we know. ;) only joking, we have a cinema called the rex in Elland that has an interval when they bring ice cream round! haha!

Nah, I am dull. I could blame this on age, and it's true that as I'm getting older and more arthritic I can't walk far or stand up for a long time, but I think realistically I've always been this way. Once a month when Mr Red is DJing I go to the club and stay out til 4am - the rest of the time I tend to be in bed at 9pm with a cup of tea and a BBC4 documentary.
By Misfit
Nicola_Red wrote:
Misfit wrote:[
Nicola_Red wrote:Er, I'm really quite dull..

Nah, I am dull. I could blame this on age, and it's true that as I'm getting older and more arthritic I can't walk far or stand up for a long time, but I think realistically I've always been this way. Once a month when Mr Red is DJing I go to the club and stay out til 4am - the rest of the time I tend to be in bed at 9pm with a cup of tea and a BBC4 documentary.

which reminds me, I meant to watch the documentary about photography you tweeted about!
By Nicola_Red
Oh yeah, it was really good. He took a lot of iconic images of Grace Kelly and the like, and had a really interesting life too.
By Boboff
Misfit wrote:
Boboff wrote:I like photography, '

Umm you on facbook? I can't do those slow shutter things but I enjoy trying!
By JayE
Radio. It's something I've been passionate about for about 2 years now, and I still present weekly shows on the internet at the moment with a friend of mine and I really enjoy doing it.
By Misfit
Where abouts are you from JayE? I mean in relation to Yorkshire. You're more than welcome to come and guest host with me if you want to have a go on an full broadcast station :)
By Misfit
miles away. well if you ever find yourself near halifax, you're more than welcome to come to the studios and do some stuff
By English Bob
I'm a massive geek, so I'm into gaming, reading, watching tv boxsets, movies and whatnot. I'm starting to buck the trend though, as I'm a big cyclist and I just joined an archery club, making the odd choice of shooting longbow! :D
By JayE
chrysostom wrote:You love innuendo's what?

I said I love innuendo's. That's it. Have I missed something?
By Nicola_Red
He's trying to point out that for a plural (ie innudendos, more than one innuendo) you don't need an apostrophe. An apostrophe denotes belonging to, so rather than writing that you love innuendos (plural), you've in fact written that you love something belonging to an innuendo. Does that make sense...?
By Bonanzoid
Nicola_Red wrote:He's trying to point out that for a plural (ie innudendos, more than one innuendo) you don't need an apostrophe. An apostrophe denotes belonging to, so rather than writing that you love innuendos (plural), you've in fact written that you love something belonging to an innuendo. Does that make sense...?

Does to me. You had to explain it and ruin the fun too!
By JayE
Nicola_Red wrote:He's trying to point out that for a plural (ie innudendos, more than one innuendo) you don't need an apostrophe. An apostrophe denotes belonging to, so rather than writing that you love innuendos (plural), you've in fact written that you love something belonging to an innuendo. Does that make sense...?

Yeah it makes sense.

Friday show is up, and platinum: https://archive.[…]